Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The news is spreading!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Meniketti:
    No, I did not give any permission for this article on MelodicRock.com, nor am I upset that it was posted. I'm glad to get the press & get people's attention to the band. Plus, they did mention in the last sentence that I had made a point about this not being a long term commitment, so that's good enough for me.

Now we just need to get MelodicRock.com to add a link to this site, so we can take advantage of the press to route unaware fans over to our forum.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dave, if you check it now. They have added a link to the site.
    "Turn around you say. Excuse the 'tude but I havent eaten today. My eyes are turning grey, Whats your name. I Can't Remember"

The webmaster at MelodicRock.com was nice enough to email me back and say that he added a link and gave credit to the site for being the news source. That's good enough for me.
    Cutting 'em down to "sucker size" since 1996.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdevlin:
    The guy got the news right off of this forum from what was presented by Rowdy to us as a quote from Dave and it's presented on melodicrock.com as a quote. And it's free press. The expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind. If he would have sighted meniketti.com as the source of the news that would have been nice but I don't see the big deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Freedom of the press is not what was in dispute. Crediting the
    source of the informationwas. As an example, if the SF Chronicle picks up a story from the New York Times, SF will credit the NYT as the source of the story.

I don't think anyone has looked a gift horse in the mouth either. Y&T receives attention with the article, while melodicrock.com gets to "scoop" everybody else. Both parties benefit.

BTW melodicrock.com is a cool site. I wouldn't have known about it had it not been for this FORUM.

I am glad to see that they chose to put Y&T on their site.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Back to Journalism 101 with these guys! Crediting your sources - good!
    Plagerism - very bad!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sorry, I guess what I said was a bit unfair. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    "To be right and overruled is not forgiven to persons in responsible positions." —Barbara Tuchman: The Guns of August, 1962
    http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...irdScience.jpg

He constantly scans Meniketti.com, hey, it's better to get it from the source, right? He screws up from time to time, but that's 'Aussie's' for ya!! All in all, he does try to expand the fan base, (you don't know how many people I've talked to that said" "Y&T,they're still together")?? So, every little bit helps, I guess....-G-.
    "(Look at this Crocodile, A Beautiful Specimen") !! now that's one crazy Australian!!..lol..-G-. (Crocodile Hunter)
    And Dave, for the Record, they have posted the 'Meniketti' link to the site before, (even though they didn't quite correctly call the album 'OTBS')..lol..-G-.

[ 07-24-2003: Message edited by: Garth Simpson4 ]

YES!!! The world WILL know about the best of the best rocking once again!!!!!!!!!
    "If you have no regrets in life... You aint doin somethin right" -- "Wild" Mick Brown

Garth!

Dude, you are killing me with all the parentheses! I can't wait to meet you and see if you make the little parentheses gesture with your fingers when you talk too..... he he he he

And now the news is on Blabbermouth.net. I bet next week it will be on hardradio.com too.

excellent man! excellent!
    sooner or later i will say something stupid, so i will apoligize in advance

PG.

What is up?

I have been here & there. I do not have to much time on line anymore so whenever I have a couple of minutes I come & post. Not sure about Nov. But that would be cool.

I will let ya know.
    \m/ - ROCK ON - \m/