Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to florida

Talking Coming to florida

YES, FINALLY. Ever since I moved here 5 or 6 years ago I've been hoping for it, and it's finally happening, haha. Beyond stoked because Florida's hard rock/ heavy metal concert schedule is usually lackluster anyways, especially around where I am at FSU. I've gotten a lot of my friends into Y&T so it should be fun, and I know I'm gonna be right there up front for a second time!

YES YES YES!!!!! I am sooo elated!!! I've waited so long for this to happen. I'll be bringing a group with me!!

We are gonna tear the house down!!!!!

Can't wait for the tickets to go on sale! I'm very anxious and want to scoop a few up quickly!

Front row, baby!!!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Well. You guys are in for some ass kicking. Be prepared. No breaks. They come out and give one hell of a show. Enjoy it.

Oh yeah, I know! I've seen the boys twice-in '09 in Tempe and '10 in San Antonio. Im just thankful I dont have to go through the hassle of the plane ride, rental car, etc, this time.

While we're on this topic, just wanted to make a couple observations as to why Y & T hasnt been here in 30 years.

Now, as you all may be aware, a few months back Jill was gracious enough to address this issue and-as best as she could-offer some explanation. I'm paraphrasing, of course, but essentially she said for whatever reason, the talent buyers in Florida just weren't interested, perhaps because they had just never heard of Y & T and/or there just wasn't a demand here.

Now, this befuddles me and my reasons are two-fold:

1) Florida is the third most populous state in the union.

2) Demographics? No, can't be demographics, as Florida is the most transient state in the country and certainly one of the most diverse. We're not just a bunch of blue hairs down here...People move here from all over the country, for various reasons. Hell, I'm one of only a handful of native Floridians left!
    For example, if Y & T can play places like Akron, NY, Londonderry, NH and Flint, MI.....why not healthy, bustling metros like Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, etc? Nothing against those cities in other states that I mentioned, but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

It just confounds the hell out of me. It defies logic and there just doesn't seem to be any plausible explanation for it.

But the good news is we do get this show and I am forever grateful. Now we have to do our part and SHOW UP and be raucous as holy hell...I hope there will be a strong promotional push in the central Florida area to get all the newbies and other casual rock fans to attend. If we turn out in droves, perhaps it will help the boys establish a foothold here and they will return!! :
    Last edited by NastyNole1; 09-04-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Thats key. Gotta show up and appreciate this band. I buy shirts etc. Do whatever i gotta do to support em. Never miss them in chicago. Come hell or high water

I'm SOOOOOO happy Y&T are finally playing in Florida.. and by Tampa, which I had been trying to get them to play for years now. And I'll even already be IN Florida that day.. but sadly, I had bought my flight the week before this show was announced. Had I of known, I would have flown into Tampa. Sigh. But I've told my Florida friends, and hopefully they will get to go to this show! Happy for you Nasty & SanJoseRocks! Glad you guys will get to see the boys again!

-Kat

That really sucks you can't make it to this one, Kat-was hoping to see ya again. But those are the breaks. Nobody could have seen THIS ONE coming! This is like Christmas in April! But maybe next time, if there is good turnout here and future opportunities become available for them here....

My only bummer with this show is it's an all ages event and there won't be any booze served... Guess I'll just have to bring a pint for sippage in the parking lot.....

I know, I know....beggars can't be choosers! ........

Knowing nothing about Florida, I have to ask how far the venue is from Orlando? My daughter is currently living there and working for Disney. It would be ultra cool to catch a Y&T show somewhere other than California. I could use the ol' excuse......"going to Florida to visit my daughter."

Not far at all..prolly an hour 1/2, at most.

Glad you get to see them in Florida dude.