Thread: Theres a bear been here

Default Theres a bear been here

I love where I live. Its pretty well off the beaten path and secluded. Yesterday as I drove down my dirt lane, standing in front of my gate, were a doe and two young fawns. I see deer fairly often. I rent a field to a local farmer, and this year he has planted corn. I walked up there yesterday and checked things out and could see where a bear had been tearing it up. It would just mash down large areas, eat corn, crap, and move to another location. Today I seen crap about 50 yards from my house. It was bear. It does not bother me, we only have black bears here. They are not usually aggressive (but can be), cant wait to get a look at it.

Isn't it great? I live in a wooded area myself, and frequently see deer in my yard. But the deer down here are a bit smallish..

Do you live in western VA? It's beautiful country up there....
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, sorta north west-ish. Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. The area can be very beautiful. Right now the woods are so thick, its hard to get around and see anything. And walking through spider webs. Hate that. I have noticed the deer get smaller the farther south you go. But the opposite- they get bigger going north. as far as the bears, I think they are biggest (or at least consistently bigger) in the Carolinas. 300 lbs is pretty big for this area, some bigger, but not many. Love seeing them. Seen a sow and 2 cubs last year when I was out and about walking. I hear bobcats scream at night sometimes. eerie.