Thread: Gojira!!!

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Gojira!!!

Just went and checked out the new GODZILLA flick in IMAX 3D and I gotta tell ya... as a longtime Godzilla "semi-fan"...

You have to see it! Preferably in 3D!

The scenery... or should I say... the DEPTH of scenery is visually amazing! Sometimes I got lost just looking at all the intricacies of the background and forgot about what was actually going on in the scene. Very cool when a flick can do that to you.

Also, the acting was quite respectable, even if the characters were a little "mundane" at times. I was able to stick with it and not feel like I was trudging through.

As for the Beast himself, a throwback is the best description physically, only with attitude and characteristics that bring him into present day. There are a few good "chuckle" moments with the big guy in the flick... as there should be... this GODZILLA for crying out loud!

Good stuff... you have to check it out if you're even a REMOTE fan of the legendary guy. 4 out of 5!
    Cutting 'em down to "sucker size" since 1996.

I dunno...part of the fun about Gozilla was the shitey costumes and even worse enemies...I mean a huge moth??? Brilliance! I would have died laughing if Godzilla had smashed it flat with a huge rolled up news paper! Or confused it with a huge lightbulb!

anyway, I might still go.

but I am sodding lazy!

ian

I loved the old ones as a kid, never saw any of the remakes. From the previews, I wasn't planning on seeing it. These days I don't have time so might see it when it comes out on Netflix
    Beer is like youth and health. Enjoy it before it's gone bad.
    Screw cocktails, beer is all you really need!

saw this yesterday, my inner 9 year old was in its glory~!

fun viewing!

Ian

I want to watch this again... today.... but on my TV with my sound system. Can't wait for Blu!
    Cutting 'em down to "sucker size" since 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr View Post
    I want to watch this again... today.... but on my TV with my sound system. Can't wait for Blu!

I like my system and having the ability to pause and grab another brewski as needed.