Thread: April 12, 2014, in Toronto

Hybrid View

Default April 12, 2014, in Toronto

Absolutely Phenomenal!!!! Bar none, Best Rock Show experience I've had!!! I haven't stopped smiling, or telling everyone about the awesome experience!!!! Musically, I was,"blown away"!!!! It was everything I'd hoped for, and more!!! The band was tight, on key, and they Rocked!!! I flew in from Halifax, (approximately 1,000 miles), specifically for this show, and it was well worth the trip!!! For anyone reading this who is contemplating going to a show; GO!!! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!! To the band, (Dave, John, Brad and Mike), again, Thank You very much!!! It was truly a privilege and a pleasure!!!!

David

VERY cool. Thanks for sharing the experience. The band NEVER disappoints!

Yes, I attended both Apr 11 and 12, and hung out with the band after both shows. I must say they are truly great musicians and guys!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Absolutely Phenomenal!!!! Bar none, Best Rock Show experience I've had!!! I haven't stopped smiling, or telling everyone about the awesome experience!!!! Musically, I was,"blown away"!!!! It was everything I'd hoped for, and more!!! The band was tight, on key, and they Rocked!!! I flew in from Halifax, (approximately 1,000 miles), specifically for this show, and it was well worth the trip!!! For anyone reading this who is contemplating going to a show; GO!!! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!! To the band, (Dave, John, Brad and Mike), again, Thank You very much!!! It was truly a privilege and a pleasure!!!!

David
    Don't forget to thank the 5th member of Y & T. The great Jill Meniketti for always making it happen. JILL ROCKS!!!

I could only make the 12th. It was about a 500 km trip by train. I got into Toronto mid afternoon. Ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe then checked in. Some shopping and coffee later I caught a cab ($50 each way). Got to the venue around 8:00 pm and bought a shirt (think I have about 6 now). Then found a table got some drinks.

The show was as good as any Fillmore (2008-2011) experience. I do miss Phil but am very grateful I can see and feel the songs live. Hope the band returns but if not I hope to get back to SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi D View Post
    Don't forget to thank the 5th member of Y & T. The great Jill Meniketti for always making it happen. JILL ROCKS!!!
    You're absolutely right! I sincerely and wholeheartedly apologize! I want to extend a Huge Thank You to Jill; as well as everyone else involved in making this a truly memorable evening!!! Saturday, April 12, 2014, was a night I'll never forget!!! Thank You All!!!!

Yours in Rock

David

Cool I TOTALLY agree with you David!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

David
    The band was everything I'd hoped for in a live performance, & much more! They gave it 110% & were the epitomy of what a band coming back after all those years should be. All others should strive to be as great. I'm from Toronto & unfortunately missed the band last year when they toured but I too was totally blown away with their awesome 2 hr. show, their honesty & professionalism, & I loved every song in their set even though I wasn't even familiar with them all. Believe me, that rarely happens, so my sincere appreciation & admiration goes out to all of the band for giving us a truly enjoyable & forever memorable show! I'm under the Y&T spell now, so PLEASE come back up to visit us again real soon & I guarantee I'll be there every time! THANK-YOU Dave, John, Mike & Brad for such a super show, it was an honour to be there! Keep on Rockin' !!!