Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston...and one off my VERY short bucketlist!

Talking Houston...and one off my VERY short bucketlist!

Where to even begin.... I have wanted to see Y&T since I was 12 and never had the chance. Till yesterday. I told the guys standing around if I falldead, please don't remove me until the end of the show! Yes Dave, it was by far the best show I've been apart of in the last 10 years! And I say "a part of" because, Y&T does not feel like you are in the audience. Everyone is a part of the show. There are very few bands i'm willing to sacrifice (anymore) hearing for, but i'm SO glad I did. It was more than worth it and it sounded incredible! I really wish I would have been able to make a show with Phil but, Brad is so amazing and humble. He has big shoes to fill and does a remarkable job of it!!! Such a great human being. We drove over 250 miles to make the show, stayed in a crack hotel and were pulled over by Texas DPS. It was ALL worth it! All of the guys we're awesome. Signed everything for everybody who wanted it and hung with the fans (friends) till the wee hours. The only thing I had to take exception with is...people calling Y&T and Dave an "80's band". I know that was the "big" era but, Y&T are still producing (and delivering) relevant music! And it's fricking AWESOME as always! There are very few singers who still hold up from that era but, Dave, you are better than ever!!! You and Dickinson are about the only. I'm not downing anyone. But, they obviously haven't taken care of themselves the way you have, or respected their craft. I can't say enough about Jill. Thank you, THANK you THANK YOU!!!! Beside every successful man, is an equally strong and devoted woman. You are elegant, determined, focused, beautiful and just as much a part of this as anyone who's ever been involved! I can see why you're there and Dave's a lucky man. I feel blessed to have seen one of the greatest bands ever, meet them and shake their hands, thank them for so many years of great music, share a laugh or two, and cross off one of the very few things on my bucket list. I am soooo happy (and tired) right now but would do it again 100 times! Btw Jill, your business savvy did not escape me... The holes in the cover... I was a program director back in the early 90''s. I played the HELL out of that disc! It is the original cover, and thank you for the autograph! YOU ARE AWESOME! Please keep up the awesome music and know that ya'll are all loved! P.S. tell Brittany hello. She was awesome too! I LOVE Y&T!!! Time to sleep....

After a day to sleep and soak it all in, I feel like someone should pinch me to let me know it was real. I wanted to give everyone in the band their due. I'll start with Tom. He really is the best in the biz! He is also one hell of an ambassador for the band. Then, as I stated previously Brad has huge shoes to fill and he is an amazing musician and human being! I know Phil is rooting for him to keep kicking ass! You said you "know where you are". You indeed do but, you are an amazing musician and you prove it every night. It's a huge shadow to stand in. You do it with all the respect and grace possible but brother, you ARE the lowend of Y&T! Just awesome! Mike...what can you say about Mike?!!? He is an awesome drummer and brings all the creative spirit that's entrenched in the music yet brings a style to it that never detracts but adds a fuel to an already raging fire! And he and Tom have his drums sounding like thunder! John is such an awesome guitarist and, that is no easy task sharing the stage with arguably, the best guitarist/singer/songwriter/musician on the planet! And Dave gives him time to shine. And shine he does!!! Meniketti. I'll stop before I sound like a groupie. I screamed myself into the worst headache and sore throat I've had in 15 years! I will say in the interest of full disclosure, I toured the US for over 4 years doing 300+ dates a year playing with an 80's rock band. It took 20 years off my life, provided me habits and demons I continue to fight to this day. Dave is 18 years my elder and looks 10 years younger than me...easily. I wasn't going to say this for reasons of TMI but obviously you guys are as big of fans as me so hopefully, some of you can relate. I lost my virginity with "This Time" playing in the background. Y&T are my Rolling Stones and I think it is criminal that they are not the biggest band in the world! Instead we get Miley Cyrus's disgusting ass prancing around, calling what she does "music". I know each generation thinks they have the best music but, really?!!!?!?!? I truly believe long after we're all dead and gone, in university music programs around the world, they'll be studying Meniketti like they do Bach and Beethoven now. How is it that Y&T are SO overlooked and underrated?!!!? I was at Bayfest in Mobile Alabama a few years ago and Crue was SOOO bad we left to go see Reba (kicked their ass). Y&T was 1000 times better than the 174 bands on that festival. Who wasn't there? The best band in the world. Hands down. Thank you for a wonderful night and making a dream come true. Being exceptional human beings was just icing on the . To Jimmi, Don, Lauretta, Kill and Al...thanks for allowing me to post and being my brothers and sisters in belief of Y&T! Hope to see/meet you guys in the near future. Cheers my new friends!
    Last edited by Cody; 03-24-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Wow, that's one heck of a first post! Thanks for taking the time to share, wish I was there too! Lauretta
    Forever, Lauretta!

Thanks for that great review, hope I can get mine half that good, less than 2 weeks now!

Holy crap , that is a wonderful post , So glad to hear you can check that one off your bucket list , and that you really loved your night with the mighty Y & T!!! I hope you post this message on all forms of social media to help spread the word, I love when this band gets it's over due promotional acknowledgment. Cheers
    Rescue Me

Awesome, so glad you enjoyed it. Its a well oiled machine. A machine that I will be seeing the 19th!!!

Great writing and passion man!

>>>Buy the *MENIKETTI CD *On the Blues Side* CD and other Meniketti band / Y&T Merchandize Here--->http://store.meniketti.com/

Thumbs up

Cody, what can I say to your review but - Thank You so much for putting that all together with so much emotion. It makes us all so proud to hear reviews like this, and in no small part is the catalyst for us to continue to do what we do.

I was being tongue in cheek that night to say, "tell us this isn't the best show you've seen this year". Never uttered that phrase before a crowd, but it was all in the spirit of fun and give the crowd a zinger to get them up & ready for the last few tunes of the night. Just glad that we made it all worth your long trip, and proud to be part of what has to be some of the best times for me on the road.

Cheers to you and may this be the first of a long line of live Y&T shows to come for you.

Cody! You heard it "from the Man"! Or maybe I should say...."From the Moon", "L"
    Forever, Lauretta!

Great thread! Now, if we could juuuuuuuuuuuuuust get the boys to come a little further east down I-10, all will be well in the world!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin