Thread: Toronto instead of the Fillmore SF

Default Toronto instead of the Fillmore SF

I first saw Y&T in 1985 in Ottawa. The next time was 2008 at the Fillmore SF. 2009, 2010 & 2011 followed. Have tickets for 2014 but the schedule changed. So, Toronto here I come!

Can't wait. Been 3 years now.

Getting closer. This will be the first time seeing Y&T in Canada since 1985. Need to create a new Y&T travel playlist.

Tomorrow night! It's been 3 years since the Fillmore. Going to be weird not eating an apple during the opening act.

In town. Some shopping then show #6!

It's past 2:00 am but am happily back at the hotel. It's been 3 long years since the Fillmore but what an amazing experience. The Rockpile is a pretty spacious venue. Lots of tables and stools. 2 local bands played and they were ok. Noticed everyone but Dave wandering through the crowd. Cool to see people smiling and happy. Liked the rearrangements of DG & MIT. Man Dave looked spent after IBIY but soldiered on with perhaps the most heartful version of Forever Ive ever seen. I wore my Magic of Phil shirt and went nuts singing along. Felt like I was at the Fillmore 2008 show at times. Maybe 200 people attended. This is pretty much the setlst:

Open Fire
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
    Mean Streak
    Don't Stop Runnin'
    Dirty Girl
    Midnight in Tokyo
    Lipstick and Leather
    Black Tiger
    Winds of Change
    I Want Your Money
    Contagious
    I'll Cry for You
    Rescue Me
    Summertime Girls
    I Believe in You
    Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
    It's past 2:00 am but am happily back at the hotel. It's been 3 long years since the Fillmore but what an amazing experience. The Rockpile is a pretty spacious venue. Lots of tables and stools. 2 local bands played and they were ok. Noticed everyone but Dave wandering through the crowd. Cool to see people smiling and happy. Liked the rearrangements of DG & MIT. Man Dave looked spent after IBIY but soldiered on with perhaps the most heartful version of Forever Ive ever seen. I wore my Magic of Phil shirt and went nuts singing along. Felt like I was at the Fillmore 2008 show at times. Maybe 200 people attended. This is pretty much the setlst:

Open Fire
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
    Mean Streak
    Don't Stop Runnin'
    Dirty Girl
    Midnight in Tokyo
    Lipstick and Leather
    Black Tiger
    Winds of Change
    I Want Your Money
    Contagious
    I'll Cry for You
    Rescue Me
    Summertime Girls
    I Believe in You
    Forever
    200 people? wow. That's a shame. They wont have to worry about the 19th. Chicago fans will pack tailgaters and show them our love!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi D View Post
    200 people? wow. That's a shame. They wont have to worry about the 19th. Chicago fans will pack tailgaters and show them our love!!!
    I thought the same thing. Hope that's a typo!!