Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dad's gone

Thanks, Nancy. It's been a hell of a year. I have a feeling that next Christmas is going to be even harder. I think we were all still kind of numb this year. The hardest part is when I see something on TV that dad would have liked, or I think of something that I want to tell him. Every now and then there's this urge to reach out and pick up the phone, until I remember that he's gone. I do have a support group on facebook that has been really helpful. We're all going through some kind of loss. For some it's worse than others. They've really helped to soften the blow.
    I love my guitar.

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a similar situation except its my mom who passed last week on Jan 16th after a very long illness. I took care of her and its a pretty empty feeling waking up each morning and she isn't there. She came home with hospice and it was very quick. Home Tuesday, gone Thursday. This whole last week is a blur. Whats the name of the group on FB?

On there 18th, it was 26 years since I lost my mom. There still are times I want to pick up the phone to talk to her. Like you Ezmerelda, Friday night I was telling Dad I'd spend all day Saturday with him, then I get the call at 7:00 saying he was gone. I am on the roller coaster from hell! People tell me time heals all wounds, I'm not sure if that is true or not. They also say God doesn't give you more than you can handle, I must be Wonder Woman, in the last 4 months so much has happened I don't know what way is up any more. I just wish it was summer here, so I could take a nice long hike and try to clear my hear and get lost so to speak.

So sorry to hear.

Not on here much.. just saw this. Sorry for your loss Donkey , I lost my Dad to Cancer in 2000... it's tough, especially the first year. Hang in there, much love to you and your family.

Nancy
    men•i•ket•ti (men i ket’ ē v. [origin: Bay Area] <BR>1. to sing with a passionate, gutsy emotion; much emulated, never duplicated 2. a songwriter who writes with unforgettable hooks, unique melodies, catchy lyrics —n. 3. guitar player whose solos have rocked the world of rock and sent other guitar players cryin’ for their mamas —adj.

The groups are "grief beyond belief" and "maudlin mourning pastafarians".

So sorry to hear about your loss Esmerelda. I'm sorry I haven't kept following this thread. I hope you are holding up well.
    I love my guitar.

Haven't been on the forum for a while Donk. Very sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Michael
    In loving memory

Daniel Eric Madden
    May 11, 1957 - May 19, 2012

I'll meet you in the next world... don't be late.