Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad's gone

MustangGirl, I know I'll never stop missing dad. If you think about it, it makes sense. You love for a lifetime. Why wouldn't you grieve that loss for one.

NastyNole, thank you for respecting my beliefs. I respect yours. For what it's worth, I hope I'm wrong.
    I love my guitar.

My deepest condolences on your loss.

I lost my dad a year after I got married. It DOES get easier, but what kills me most is he never got a chance to meet any of his 3 grandkids. He would have went nuts over them!

Sorry to hear. Lost my dad 10 years ago. We weren't. Close. But i tryed towards the end. And was there to take care of him for months. But i wasnt there that day he left us.

my dad passed away on nov 1st from cancer and I feel for ur loss we have to be strong

the last time i was with my dad i kissed him on top of his head and told him i love him i wrote a song for my dad called the atta boy but never played it for him one day i hope he will hear it

Very sorry to hear about your loss and condolences to you and your family. I have lost two significant people in my life and I understand how you feel. It gets better with time, but you never get over it. I have the same religious view as you do so just remember all the good memories you have with your dad.
    "There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
    Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand

Thanks MM
    I love my guitar.

I am sorry for your loss, best wishes to you.

Thank you, Edward.
    I love my guitar.

I lost my Dad in Sept of last year. I've was his primary caretaker for him over the last 5 years, not only his heart problems, being in stage 3 renal failure, dementia and alzhiemers. To top it off we found our several days before his death he had a very aggressive form of bladder cancer. My Dad could be the meanest SOB you had ever met, but if you needed a helping hand he was always there.
    I don't know how many times I had to rush him to the ER, I had told my boss when it comes to my Dad, he is #1. My sister and I had to have him deemed medically incompetent, then had to place him in a home that specialized in Dementia and Alzhiemers. I did everything I could do to keep my Dad safe at home. I want to buy his house, it is hard being here seeing Dad everywhere. Christmas was SO hard for me, I kept breaking down, it just wasn't the same without Dad being there. He was my hero. I am so sorry for your loss, just remember, you're not alone.