Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Y & T confirm 6 album set

I've printed off the picture posted earlier of this new collection. I'm gonna prop the picture up on the coffee table while I listen to the albums I've already bought and paid for, and which the band got their cut of. Everybody wins, except A & M.
    I have a beard, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by TC from NZ View Post
    I've printed off the picture posted earlier of this new collection. I'm gonna prop the picture up on the coffee table while I listen to the albums I've already bought and paid for, and which the band got their cut of. Everybody wins, except A & M.
    Exactly what I do. Ordered some shirts recently, and stocking up on MORE.

OK. I'll admit it... I didn't know about this, and even though I already own everything on this set at least twice... I'll be God-damned if there will be a Y&T title out there that isn't on my Wall o' Fame. Sorry folks. It just had to be done. My OCD was starting to twitch just knowing it was out there.

Cheers...
    Steve

PS ~ I would think that the guys would at least be entitled to royalties from the sales of this set. Knowing A&M's penchant for eating their artists alive contract-wise, it may not be a ton o' cash... but it's still money in pocket. Anyone know for sure?
    Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think...

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go...
    So while I'm here, I'll have me a real good time...

Rock hard... Ride free... All your life...

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Meniketti View Post
    This box set is not a Y&T sanctioned product. Universal Music Group have taken it upon themselves to release this package without the band's knowledge or consent, which they have every right to do since they own a large portion of the band's back catalog. However, Lauretta is right...we have plans for Y&T's 40th anniversary in 2014, so watch your email updates.

~ Jill
    Dammit. I should have read the whole thread. Looks like I contributed to Uni's bad behavior... Apologies. No worries, though, Jill. you know I'll have my Visa at the ready for any new discs that pop up on merch page.

In the meantime, I hope you and the band have been having a blast since the last time I got to see you all up at B.B.K.'s and the Mid-Hudson with Twisted Sister and my buddy Frankie's band.

Cheers...
    Steve
    Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think...

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go...
    So while I'm here, I'll have me a real good time...

Rock hard... Ride free... All your life...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi D View Post
    Thanks for confirming this jill. I only support the band, not the crooks behind a label. I wont be purchasing it.
    crooks....?? don't judge to soon....they supported the band in the very beginning of their carreer.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    crooks....?? don't judge to soon....they supported the band in the very beginning of their carreer.
    Not calling them crooks, they aren't doing anything illegal. I just prefer to support the band by buying merch and product which is actually sanctioned by the band, which means they will be getting a decent slice of the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by TC from NZ View Post
    Not calling them crooks, they aren't doing anything illegal. I just prefer to support the band by buying merch and product which is actually sanctioned by the band, which means they will be getting a decent slice of the pie.

yep ...you're right on the one hand....but on the other one...if someone is buying stuff like ..f.e. live bootlegs..they also do the same with the bands official catalogue.
    How many worthless rereleases are in the Y&T official list.....the Forever album, that red covered sword one....and sorry to say.....the Open Fire one...

let me say....i will buy any and everything from the band..authorized or not...if i like it or not......i can't do anything about it but it's my hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    yep ...you're right on the one hand....but on the other one...if someone is buying stuff like ..f.e. live bootlegs..they also do the same with the bands official catalogue.
    How many worthless rereleases are in the Y&T official list.....the Forever album, that red covered sword one....and sorry to say.....the Open Fire one...

let me say....i will buy any and everything from the band..authorized or not...if i like it or not......i can't do anything about it but it's my hobby.
    All good. Wasn't a criticism of anyone who buys it, just saying I won't buy it and explaining why.

I purchased this and wasn't too crazy about how the songs were separated across the discs. Would've been ideal to fit two full albums per disc and not add last two or three songs to kick off the start of a new disc. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't work in my mind. I'm looking forward to any/all 40th Anniversary related items. I already have the shirt, so I'm ready! ~
    Madness takes its toll....please have exact change.