Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: The Passing of Phil Kennemore

Cheers Phil, RIP
    Die dulci fruere.

As I read thru this thread again, I am again blown away by the love from the Y&T family ... Phil brought out the very best in everybody he met ~~ Y&T has been a positive force for me for many more years than I want to admit and not nearly enough years yet. Thank You doesn't seem to convey my feelings ...

Wow. Two years. Hard to believe. Still miss you Phil.
    I love my guitar.

Default 3 years passed

I will go to the show Kawasaki & Namba Rock City this weekend to see your soul.
    Still I'm gonna miss you, Phil...

Default Always Loved...

It's hard to believe it has been three years!

I was watching a video from the '09 Mystic and Phil was a little more talkative than usual on stage. It was so great to hear his beautiful voice! Phil had such a knack for words, so funny, so sincere, so cool!

My sister recently told me one of the many Phil stories that warm our heats...I love when she tells me stories about Phil. She has this way of phrasing it just like Phil would have, and I feel like Phil is in the room again...it's good for the soul.

We miss you, and love you Phil!

You will always be my hero, and the standard by which I judge my life, and achievements! I wish I could pick up the phone and chat with you now, or even just here you say, "Hey Buddy! " again...

Love You Phil!

I agree LindaL. I have never seen Y&T (going in April to see them) and it bums me out that I will never get to see Phil. I have said in past posts what great fans and this band are from reading through all the posts. My heart goes out to Hanna and Sean because I know this is hard on them too. RIP Phil. Wish I had the pleasure of meeting you!
    Peace, love and blessings

I'm just going to say I miss Phil and FUCK CANCER IN THE ASSHOLE WITH A RUSTY PRY BAR.
    I love my guitar.

I was very lucky that I got to meet all the guys a few years ago and got to hang out with Phil at a little hole in the wall bar when they played Virginia Beach. We look up to these guys (any rock star or sports hero) as Gods and some may be, but it was really cool to find that Phil couldn't have been more cool. We sat at booth table with a couple of other guys and just hung out, told stories, couldn't have been more "natural". He had a great sense of humor, was down to earth and could drink like a fish (kept up but it wasn't easy!). The second time they came to V.Beach was the first show Brad played as Phil had just gone in the hospital. I talked to him after the show, and he too was amazingly easy to approach and talk to. We chatted for about 20 minutes and had a cool conversation. Having never met stars that I'd followed for many years, it was nice to find no attitudes or egos, they were just cool regular people with cool jobs!

I'd post a pic of that night but can't figure out how So I cheated with my Sig pic
    Rent me for your next vacation http://vrbo.com/499924 or http://vrbo.com/489534

Cool story. I'm always reminded of hearing "Never meet your idols because you'll be disappointed."

That's just not true with the Y&T dudes.

R.I.P. Phil