Thread: Bootlegs on MySpace?

Exclamation Bootlegs on MySpace?

Dave,
    Go check my "MySpace" site when you time,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=16521030

I have the "I Remember" video on there and some web addy's for yandtrocks, meniketti, joeyalves, and yandt.net
    Now that we are talking bootlegs and all, if you prefer I take it down - just say the word.

Respectfully,

Mark

Tama Drums, Zildjian Cymbals, VicFirth "Rock" Sticks, Aquarian Drumheads, JBL 18" MPRO Subwoofers, Shure SM58 Vocal Mic, TC Helecon Create Vocal Effects, Sennheiser Drum Mics.

http://www.myspace.com/mtndrummer

Good point "I'm not selling it" I'm sharing it..............

but I met Dave at Paladinos as well as Phil Leonard and John

if any one of them asked to have any video removed here in this forum or on MySpace - consider it done.

thanks for the reply

Mark

ps. I guess I'm looking for permission- as it is Dave's video
    Last edited by DrUmM@sT3r; 06-06-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Tama Drums, Zildjian Cymbals, VicFirth "Rock" Sticks, Aquarian Drumheads, JBL 18" MPRO Subwoofers, Shure SM58 Vocal Mic, TC Helecon Create Vocal Effects, Sennheiser Drum Mics.

fasteddie Guest

What a lot of people don't get is Sharing results in someone copying it and cranking out tons of copies to sell.
    Even though they have good intentions and were wanting to share the killer stuff we all love so much all it takes is one bootlegger to download it and it will spread like mad. I see MS & BT on eBay cheaper than here already see what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie
    What a lot of people don't get is Sharing results in someone copying it and cranking out tons of copies to sell.
    Even though they have good intentions and were wanting to share the killer stuff we all love so much all it takes is one bootlegger to download it and it will spread like mad. I see MS & BT on eBay cheaper than here already see what i mean.
    This is absolutely correct. It only hurts the band. Very rarely does it ever help an already established band.
    Cutting 'em down to "sucker size" since 1996.

Yes Mark I saw that video on your myspace site and it's definitely fine with me that it's posted there. It was a promo shoot at my studio that the Japanese took for the release of the Meniketti CD in Japan a few years back. If it wasn't for your site I would have never seen the video. By all means leave it up there. Hey, it may actually persuade some folks to check out my solo CDs.

Delirious Nomad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Meniketti
    Yes Mark I saw that video on your myspace site and it's definitely fine with me that it's posted there. It was a promo shoot at my studio that the Japanese took for the release of the Meniketti CD in Japan a few years back. If it wasn't for your site I would have never seen the video. By all means leave it up there. Hey, it may actually persuade some folks to check out my solo CDs.
    Whew!
    I have it on my site too. I got a little nervous when the questions about it came up.
    It's a great song. I agree that it may make fans out of some people that don't know about it.

When I first found the clip on Youtube I posted it on Dream Theater's site. Not a lot of...er..."classic rock" fans there, but I regularly plug pretty hard for those who do have good taste over there.

Whew is right

Thx for the reply Dave

I feel better now

so back to the excitment of the up and coming DVD!

Release partys' gonna be happinin' all over!

Oh yea, I explained the video clearly as a solo effort called Meniketti Band (and noted Y&T as your current band) and have the web addy's on there as well, some more Meniketti CD sales is a good thing! (Cheers)
    Last edited by DrUmM@sT3r; 06-07-2006 at 10:59 AM.