PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is a slurp spider????

MaxYnT
11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I see that there are 69 (lol) users currently viewing-12 members and 57 guests. Then, having just 10 minutes ago read (yes, for the very first time) the forum technical questions intro 'sticky' for first time users and remembering the bit about those wanting to be a bit voyeuristic (can't help it, that term just ...n'er mind)..I voyeured (lol right now, must look crazy to any voyeurs looking in on me, cracking up!!). anyways, some 49 of those viewing are/were "yahoo slurp spiders".

WTF is a slurp spiders ? Eeeeeuuuuwww, sounds nasty-hope I give them visual indigestion. Is that the same as a headache?

No Regrets
11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
hehehe I asked this once too... maybe this will help?

http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=9407

MaxYnT
11-14-2005, 11:00 PM
hi Nancy! Funny, when I finished writing the slurp spider question it occurred to me that I'd seen a thread titled "spiders" somewhere recently so I went looking and lo! guess what I found-never mind, of course YOU needn't guess! d'oh!
I'm a little uncertain about the final word on spiders. Is a slurp spider the same as other spiders?

(duhh. I'm pretty sure this type doesn't have eight legs but do sound a bit freak-y).

Terr
11-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Hahahaaa Like Metlhedd, I dated a slurp spider!

Cue Alice Cooper's Black Widow... :eek:

arcadeguy
11-16-2005, 09:17 AM
I run VBulletin on websites I own and a slurp Spider is just the yahoo search engine.
In the admin control panel for VB you have an option to show 'whos online'. Within this option is an option to show IP addresses of whos online and the search engine they are using. The reason for this function is so the admin can see which search engines he is getting the most hits from. Then from there he can adjust his META tags to suite other engines.
There is also an option within the control panel on the 'whos online' option this a USER AGENT field to see this web browser and OS.
IE:
IP: xx.xx.xx.xxx
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

Vbulletion is a very powerfull script with many options.
Just so the admins know ver. 3.5.1 is out.

Don
:headbang:

I see that there are 69 (lol) users currently viewing-12 members and 57 guests. Then, having just 10 minutes ago read (yes, for the very first time) the forum technical questions intro 'sticky' for first time users and remembering the bit about those wanting to be a bit voyeuristic (can't help it, that term just ...n'er mind)..I voyeured (lol right now, must look crazy to any voyeurs looking in on me, cracking up!!). anyways, some 49 of those viewing are/were "yahoo slurp spiders".

WTF is a slurp spiders ? Eeeeeuuuuwww, sounds nasty-hope I give them visual indigestion. Is that the same as a headache?

Charger
11-24-2005, 07:29 PM
WTF is a slurp spiders ?

I would think it's a spider found near the slurpee machin at your local 7-11 :lmao: