PDA

View Full Version : Concord Reviews

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Saturday Night's Bourbon St. Gig! Post 'em here!

Taryn
09-11-2005, 03:46 AM
All I can say is that The Dave Meniketti Band are some of the most talented musicians around....

And you can see how much they enjoy themselves up there on stage.

SO GLAD I MADE IT TO THIS SHOW as well as the Santa Rosa gig....

It was GREAT to see, talk to & hang out with Karl, Lauretta & Jill as well as Kelly, Dave, Susan, Nancy, Val, Mariah, Janine, Michelle & Michelle and to meet Dave's "other band".
I know I've probably left someone out ~ sorry 'bout that but it's so late (or early in the morn) and my mind is mush...

I'd say more but like I said ~ it's late, I can't see straight and my right ear is deaf being that I stood right next to the speaker. BUT IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT....

Thank You Dave, Myron, Chris & Tommy for a truly amazing show... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Until next time!!!

Taryn :D

Susan
09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I can't believe I made it to back to back shows. I took a friend to the show Friday night. I didn't even think she'd like the music and she loved it!
When Mark got home from work Sat. I told him what an awesome show he missed on Friday and jokingly asked if he wanted to go see them in Concord. After getting up at 4:30 and working 11 hours I figured he'd say no way, but to my surprise, he said let's go! It was a long drive & a late show. They didn't go on til 11:30, but they did not dissapoint. It was another amazing show! I felt like twinsies with Myron. We both had on orange shirts.
It took 2 shows, the 1st time was in Feb I think, and I am totally hooked. You guys are amazing!
Just like Y&T I can't get enough!

My1MsSteak
09-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Susan....

I missed ya? :o

I musta been in the ZONE!

My apologies!

Yes....It was a GREAT show!

Dave was definatly ON FIRE last night!

Absolutly friggin' incredible performance by all!

:happy:

Here is the set list!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Can't Take It
Angel On My Shoulder
Lay Me Down
Storm
Take It Like A Man
Dirty Girl<~~~~YUP! They played Dirty Girl! Whooo Hooo!
Tough Luck Ave.
Take My Time
Until The Next Time
Bad Feeling
Sail On By
Mr. Big
Tell Me Why
Mr Blister
I Remember
~~~~~~~~~
Mans' World
Loan Me A Dime
No Lies

There may be a faux pas in there on my part...

But I think I got most of it right!

:clap2: BIG GIANT KUDOS ONCE AGAIN! :clap2:

Janine :D

Susan
09-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't feel bad Janine I was in the zone all night too! I saw you make your way to the front, but then disappeared!

The ChevyMan
09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi folks. Yes, it HAS been a LONG time!! I am so glad I was able to make the show and get to talk with Dave afterwards. Cradle rocked and then Dave and the boys rocked!! What a great show!!

Had to call FordWheeler today (my nephew) and rub it it in. :-) Anyway, hope to make the birthday bash in December. See you all then...

FordWheeler
09-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi folks. Yes, it HAS been a LONG time!! I am so glad I was able to make the show and get to talk with Dave afterwards. Cradle rocked and then Dave and the boys rocked!! What a great show!!

Had to call FordWheeler today (my nephew) and rub it it in. :-) Anyway, hope to make the birthday bash in December. See you all then...Yeah yeah. I wish I could have made it. Actually, I wish I could have made any of the shows. Money is just too tight right now. i had a choice last night gas money for the week or see Dave. Well you know what choice I had to make. That will be changing soon and I hope to make the Mystic shows and the B-day bash this year as well as some other shows. You never know I may just show up at some East Coast shows being I may be out there during that time. I'm sure it was Rockin' and yes I am jealous. I'm yearning for a live show of any kind at this point. As I told Chevyman I haven't been to a live show at all since the B-day bash of 2003. I'm starting to feel a little deprived.:( Soon enough I'll be back on my feet and at every show I can get into to.

The Dude
09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
The evening started with comedians and they were truly funny then cradle came on and rocked I truly love hearing Harmonica in a rock band!

Dave came on and told Concord about the evil Clear Channel so all should be educated now on this topic

I saw all the usuals and need to take this opportunity to apologize to Val And Valerie for posting their picture on my website as a leader for an upcoming story in retrospect I can see how my actions could be taken as in poor taste and offer My most sincere apology to my two friends. and I vow to never post either of you in a feature article again with out your permission.

Dave was on all night although My favorite part of the evening was Dirty Girl and Myrons Solo! Ya Got to love that Warwick Bass. hope to see you all at the petaluma show :alien2:

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
09-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Thank you Dude

no hard feelings :o

just watch your back next time I see you
cause Im gonna kick your ass:lmao:

just kidding hee hee hee

Model_600
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
I'd say more but like I said ~ it's late, I can't see straight and my right ear is deaf being that I stood right next to the speaker. BUT IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT....

Taryn :DWelcome to my world!! hehehe
I don't know what it is about being on the right hand side...but that's always where I gravitate to....if I'm not on the right hand side....there's usually a reason for it..such as the show being a reserve seating event or something to that effect..

Good seeing everyone in Concord. That was an amazing performance by Dave, Tommy, Chris and Myron...so glad I was able to take Mariah...she's such a trooper and it's wonderful watching her expression and seeing how mesmerized she becomes by Dave playing over the top of her head....she even nudged me and said "Mom...Dave dripped sweat on me!" LOL
Tommy was such a delight as always....Thank you Mr. Grasso for your kindness to my Mariah and offering and autographing your CD to her. She's pretty proud of that! :)

To my Girlz..love ya tons!!!! xox
Val

Model_600
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
The evening started with comedians and they were truly funny then cradle came on and rocked I truly love hearing Harmonica in a rock band!

Dave came on and told Concord about the evil Clear Channel so all should be educated now on this topic

I saw all the usuals and need to take this opportunity to apologize to Val And Valerie for posting their picture on my website as a leader for an upcoming story in retrospect I can see how my actions could be taken as in poor taste and offer My most sincere apology to my two friends. and I vow to never post either of you in a feature article again with out your permission.

Dave was on all night although My favorite part of the evening was Dirty Girl and Myrons Solo! Ya Got to love that Warwick Bass. hope to see you all at the petaluma show :alien2:
Thanks Lance....I appreciate you caring enough to make an apology to Valarie and I.
It would be considerate to ask to use pictures of someone...I'm not opposed to my picture being up somewhere...I have nothing to hide...although I was a little concerned about the topic of the story that the picture was being used for....somewhat of an exploitation in my opinion...
No hard feelings.....
Case closed...
Val

Model_600
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
And don't forget about that guy standing near us who asked if Dave was Mariah's dad when he was paying attention to her during one of the songs....

C-ya later,
Taryn
Oh YEAH!!!!! I forgot about THAT Taryn~Too funny!!!
Does Mariah resemble Dave?? LOL YIKES!
How about Uncle Dave...that would work huh?!?!

Val

Lauretta
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi, I just want to give a personal THANKS to those of you that came to the MENIKETTI shows this past week. You were blessed with some very fine music indeed! I can't do "3 in a row" like I used to, heck I got home at 3:30 am from Sat. alone and it took all day to recover, LOL! Do it while you can my friends. See everyone at the next one! "L" :)

fasteddie
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Great show
Finally got to take my son to see the master at work.

He was speechless to say the least.
We were right on top of dave and myrons foot pedals.
Thanks to Kelly agian for getting him the set list and lyrics as well as a few picks from Rodger afterwards.
Well to my suprise he walked right up to the bar after and asked the bartender for the flyer taped to to red bull cooler as someone already snaged the one on the wall he was looking at earlier.
Man just like his dad.
Also talked to Jill breifly after but the cops were looking the place over and i thought it was best to get the minor out of the bar at 130 before someone got in trouble.
Bummer he really wanted to meet the band too.
Well that was his b-day present from me a week early and he was blown away.
Will post some pics he used up all the memory in the camera shootin a mimi film the first song and bass solo so we couldent even take too many pics on the 512 card.
Guess i will get more memory.
He's so bummed i have tic's for Mistic and Dave's b-day he might start growing a beard and get a fake id. I'm in trouble now.
Thanks agian to Dave and the guys for yet another unforgetable night .

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-12-2005, 07:56 PM
A very personal thanks to you, Lauretta, for the personal thanks! :lmao:

We seem to pick different shows to attend lately -- but I'm sure we'll get one in common before too long.

Kelly
09-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey fasteddie...it was a pleasure to hang out with you and your son on Saturday. What a nice young man he is and he was aboslutely loving every minute of the show. I really enjoy being at a show with someone who has never seen the band live before. I asked your son if he played guitar and he said not really but after hearing Dave you at least have to try. It was very cool.

I'm glad that you guys had such a great time and it was my pleasure to give him the set list and stuff. He has to have some cool stuff to bring home after a show like that.

I hope to see you at the Mystic shows.

And it wouldn't be right not to mention in this thread that the Meniketti band is as amazing as always if not more so. I love the music and the vibe they have on stage and to watch them having so much fun doing what they love to do is so awesome to experience.

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
The thing that people may not get if they've never seen the Meniketti band LIVE is that it's a much more "organic" musical experience than seeing Y&T. The music breathes more, and carries the musicians to literally do a new and different show every single night. If you're a fan of Dave's guitar playing, you OWE IT to yourself to make it out to a gig and experience the show yourself. I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed!

The Dude
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks ladys

Jeff your dead on on that one for sure

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
09-13-2005, 06:57 PM
that's DOUBLE VAL PUNCH to you dude

http://photobucket.com/albums/y5/rocknrollgirl/th_knockedoutsmiley.gif (http://photobucket.com/albums/y5/rocknrollgirl/?action=view&current=knockedoutsmiley.gif) POW:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The Dude
09-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Cool I can take it :CRYING: