PDA

View Full Version : Dave's birthday bash....

Reinie67
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
received the Little Fox newsletter today....

http://www.foxdream.com/images/ball.gif Dave Meniketti Annual Birthday Bash
Sat. Dec. 10, 2005, 9pm $25 adv./$27 door
Dave Meniketti--the name is synonymous with music--raw, hard-edged, melodic, soulful. His first solo CD ON THE BLUE SIDE received worldwide acclamation--particularly in Europe and Japan. His sophomore solo CD, the self-titled Meniketti revisits, as Dave says, his "melodic, rock-based roots." From its first churning note on Messin' with Mr. Big, Dave's music grabs you. This is not background music. It pins your ears to the speakers and kicks you in the butt. It's infectious, delicious rock and roll that satisfies the soul. In other words MENIKETTI is pure Meniketti.
As the lead singer/lead guitarist with Bay Area Rockers Y&T, Meniketti has sold over 4 million records worldwide, recorded 17 albums and toured across the United States and around the world. His style has influenced some of the major stars in rock and over the years he's been asked to join many top bands including Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake. www.meniketti.com (http://www.icebase.com/go.shtml?20050908224017459753&m5282&http://www.meniketti.com)

Linda L
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
The tickets are on sale & as we all know they will be gone in a flash ...
I have mine, get yours NOW !!!!!!!!!! :beer:

SusanRocks
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi Robin!!!

Man your fast! I just checked the Little Fox website and was on my way over here to post...

I already bought tickets for Kelly, David, Kim and myself. Now All I need is my airline ticket. (Minor detail right!)

Here's to another AWESOME B-Day show with Big Man Dave! :D

My1MsSteak
09-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Just got my TICKETS!

Whoooooooo

:happy:

Hooooooooo

Is it December yet?

Janine :D

Roger
09-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Is it December yet?

Now don't be wishing away the Mystic shows!!! Got my ticket for this as well!! Haven't been able to attend the B-Day Bash before, so I'm excited about it.

My1MsSteak
09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
That's fine Roger...

Just please leave your assault skwirlz at home!

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
GET 'EM NOW... or you'll be outside the Fox wishing you did! :D :eek:

Roger
09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Just please leave your assault skwirlz at home!

They refuse to go actually. They are scared of Nancy!! :-)

No Regrets
09-13-2005, 02:52 PM
They refuse to go actually. They are scared of Nancy!! :-)
Hey I like sqwirlz! :D

Phoenix Byrd
09-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I cant believe we have to miss one :( Scooter John has a gig the same night up here in the hills. This timing is horrible. I'm sick about it. We've been to every b'day bash so far. I need a consolation prize or something.......quick.

roaddog
09-13-2005, 07:09 PM
just got my tix and the waiting for december begins lol :guitarist

menikettiyoungfan07
09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Too Bad It Wasnt All Ages If It Was I Would Go

Whiskey T
09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Well Henry..........every once in the while the Mama's and the Papa's out here gotta spread their wings and do something that makes them feel young again, lol. Not to fret..............you'll see the master again soon. Now you keep practicing ya hear?

smithy 2004
09-14-2005, 05:19 AM
you californians are way too lucky,cant make daves birthday bash,but am
heading across the pond for the mystic shows.yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
the kilted warrior.
wee jimmy.

bosk1
09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
I wonder what surprises are in store this year...

ian
09-15-2005, 06:05 AM
I wonder what surprises are in store this year...

oh you'll get a suprise (WINK)

Ian

RaiderHog
09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
oh you'll get a suprise (WINK)

Ian
and SO WILL YOU! ya cheeky bugger!;)

RockUFOrever
09-15-2005, 09:17 PM
:eek: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A&M SUX
09-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Best damn birthday party I've ever been to! This is one annual event I will never miss.

thinlizzy
09-16-2005, 09:38 AM
did you settle on a April Wine date yet ? Man they want 39.50 plus surcharge to see them in F.S. Ouchhhh.

Jimmy CX
09-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Did I post this already? I was drunk yesterday?? I think?

No Regrets
09-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Did I post this already? I was drunk yesterday?? I think?
Jimmy.. :lmao: :lmao: you crack me up.. can you post more? We need more of your humor! See ya at the Bash!

Nancy :)

Model_600
09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Did I post this already? I was drunk yesterday?? I think?Hi Jimmy....LOL...funny dude you are!
Hey..I cleared out my PM's so try it again....should go through this time..sorry..

Val

Susan
09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
I think I better go buy my tix now b4 they sell out.

Terr
09-20-2005, 02:50 AM
I think I better go buy my tix now b4 they sell out.

I hear that!! :raiseroof

lalipop222
09-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I got my tickets!!!! Yes we will make the show...yes we will make the show... yes we will make the show...or at least I will, we'll see bout husband

Terr
09-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Hope to finally meet you! :D

lalipop222
09-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Hope to finally meet you! :D

Likewise Terr, hopefully I'll also go to the mystic shows, i better get my tix soon.

mmandy
09-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Due to lack of fundage,$$$$ is really tight (work always slows down in the Fall/winter - and I'm STILL trying to get my damn truck to pass smog, among other unusual expenses, like a new car fr the wife), I think I can only attend ONE show this year.

I've been to the B-Day Bash the last two years.and I've never been to a Mystic show.

so I figured I'd get "Into the Mystic" for once. :D

Jimmy CX
09-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Jimmy.. :lmao: :lmao: you crack me up.. can you post more? We need more of your humor! See ya at the Bash!

Nancy :)
I think I might of tried to answer this yesterday??? but due to a 14 Corona Lunch and the Hot sun and the difficult, drunken time I had getting on line ,I may have posted this somewhere else??? I'm not sure?

Jimmy CX
09-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Jimmy....LOL...funny dude you are!
Hey..I cleared out my PM's so try it again....should go through this time..sorry..

Val
Be prepaired for another long winded message by: He who speak with drunken tongue regrets tomorrow when it comes!

No Regrets
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
I think I might of tried to answer this yesterday??? but due to a 14 Corona Lunch and the Hot sun and the difficult, drunken time I had getting on line ,I may have posted this somewhere else??? I'm not sure?
Heheheeee I'll look around, see if I can find it ! ;)

Nancy

Jimmy CX
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Heheheeee I'll look around, see if I can find it ! ;)

Nancy
I'm having a hard day at work today! long Rehearsal with a new band last night! I drank a 12 pack of Budwieser! I'm still buzzing! and I'm seeing things that only kittens see!

chuckman
09-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Jimmy, you crack me up! No drugs here...Hahaha... Just gotta say I got my tickets to the Bash! It'll be my first time there. Actually, I'm supposed to go see a Zep tribute band this Saturday at the Fox.... But,...

CH

:guitarist On!

- Learn it, know it, Live it

madduck99
09-28-2005, 07:30 PM
just got my ticket! Looking forward to a great time

Jimmy CX
10-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Ya! No Drugs for me! I'm a Beer Addict! My gut is the size of a keg! and my legs are smaller than Drum Sticks! Thats why my Back hurts so much and I wear slip on shoes! (Vans) I can't bend over to tie my shoe laces! I hope I can fit through the door at the Little fox theatre this year at the Bash!

Model_600
10-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Ya! No Drugs for me! I'm a Beer Addict! My gut is the size of a keg! and my legs are smaller than Drum Sticks! Thats why my Back hurts so much and I wear slip on shoes! (Vans) I can't bend over to tie my shoe laces! I hope I can fit through the door at the Little fox theatre this year at the Bash!

LOL...you are a crack up Jimmy!!! I will see you @ the B.day show!!! I'll help push you through the door into the theater...LOL

Glad to see you posting again dude....when and where are you guys playing????????????????????? Please let me know...wanna check you guys out!

:)
Val

Jimmy CX
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL...you are a crack up Jimmy!!! I will see you @ the B.day show!!! I'll help push you through the door into the theater...LOL

Glad to see you posting again dude....when and where are you guys playing????????????????????? Please let me know...wanna check you guys out!

Val

Well I quit 2 bands, Fang & The Resistoleros...The last Tour Adventure was an Awful, Disgusting and Embarassing nightmare of a mess! I gotta Life! So now! I'm in a band called "Proudflesh" that's a cross between Motorhead meets Thin Lizzy and drinks a case or two of beer with ZZ top and decide to start a hard core punk rock band?? I have a feeling I already told you this??? Oh well! I'm having a brain fart again! Proudflesh is working on a new record at the moment I'll keep ya posted! Our drummer was in a band called Mordred and also American Heartbreak?? Me and the Singer Bass player were in a hard core punk band in the early 80's called Crucifix?? we have a web site I'm just working on at: http://www.crucifixonline.com

Terr
10-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Got my tix!!

Get yers while ya can, folks....they've sold about half the tix already!!!!!!!! :guitarist

No Regrets
10-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Well I quit 2 bands, Fang & The Resistoleros...The last Tour Adventure was an Awful, Disgusting and Embarassing nightmare of a mess! I gotta Life! So now! I'm in a band called "Proudflesh" that's a cross between Motorhead meets Thin Lizzy and drinks a case or two of beer with ZZ top and decide to start a hard core punk rock band?? I have a feeling I already told you this??? Oh well! I'm having a brain fart again! Proudflesh is working on a new record at the moment I'll keep ya posted! Our drummer was in a band called Mordred and also American Heartbreak?? Me and the Singer Bass player were in a hard core punk band in the early 80's called Crucifix?? we have a web site I'm just working on at: http://www.crucifixonline.com

Hehehe no I think it was me you told this too.... Do you know what proudflesh is??? My horse had it on his leg.. it's basically scar tissue that keeps growing... weird shit.

Let us know when you play.. sounds like a fun show!

nancy

Jimmy CX
10-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Hehehe no I think it was me you told this too.... Do you know what proudflesh is??? My horse had it on his leg.. it's basically scar tissue that keeps growing... weird shit.

Let us know when you play.. sounds like a fun show!

nancy Oh!..?? O.K... Ya! Proudflesh! When I was mad at the band once I had the url point to a proudflesh / horse site and made all the band links go to awful proudflesh images! Ha Ha! We had horses when I was a Kid! when I watch western pictures I miss them and I wish I could ride them one more time! Did I tell you that before?

Jimmy CX
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Maybe Dave will have Pony Rides at his Birthday Bash? I love those!!! Lets get dave a Horse for his Birthday?? I think They're about the price of a very, very large and very, very rare dog! (I think?)

ian
10-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Maybe Dave will have Pony Rides at his Birthday Bash? I love those!!! Lets get dave a Horse for his Birthday?? I think They're about the price of a very, very large and very, very rare dog! (I think?)

....pony rides yeah!

no clowns though...clowns are creepy and deserve to be beaten....even if they can make stuff out of balloons they are still a blight on society!

dirty red nosed bastards!

Ian

chuckman
10-05-2005, 07:12 AM
A Jimmy and Ian post back to back....Hahahaha....Thanks!

CH

"I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case and the other case - we only got one case left. - Barney G.

Jimmy CX
10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
....pony rides yeah!

no clowns though...clowns are creepy and deserve to be beaten....even if they can make stuff out of balloons they are still a blight on society!

dirty red nosed bastards!

Ian

Clowns are very creepy! John Wayne Gacey was a clown!

ian
10-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Clowns are very creepy! John Wayne Gacey was a clown!

clown/child killer/molester.....I think the facts speak for themselves...floppy shoed wearing spawn of the jackal!

Ian

RaiderHog
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Mr Rogers CREEPED!!! me out!!!:_sure:

Jimmy CX
10-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Yuk! Ahhhhhh Mr. Rogers!

Jimmy CX
10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Let's get back to the Birthday Bash! This is getting awful now! Dave is going to have us 86'd before we even get to the bash in December! He thinks we're nut cases! Are we?

ian
10-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Let's get back to the Birthday Bash! This is getting awful now! Dave is going to have us 86'd before we even get to the bash in December! He thinks we're nut cases! Are we?

absol-bloody-utely out my bloody mind!

I also eat bugs and paint my testicles yellow!

Ian

ian
10-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Mr Rogers CREEPED!!! me out!!!:_sure:

he reminded me of the crazy guy who has all his followers kill themselves to catch the Halle Bop comet...

patrickthebassbasher
10-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Mr. Rogers was kinda like my first drug! My mom used to put me down for my nap while his show was on, and his calm, mellow voice would put me to sleep! Of course, that was last year, now I go to sleep all on my own, without the use of that pseudo-opiate man! Besides, that afro sportin' art teacher guy (what the hell was his name? He's died a while back, I think) puts me to sleep just as easy! (And over here we'll put a happy little tree......just a touch of the thalo blue.....aaaaanything you want it to be).

lalipop222
10-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Mr. Rogers was kinda like my first drug! My mom used to put me down for my nap while his show was on, and his calm, mellow voice would put me to sleep! Of course, that was last year, now I go to sleep all on my own, without the use of that pseudo-opiate man! Besides, that afro sportin' art teacher guy (what the hell was his name? He's died a while back, I think) puts me to sleep just as easy! (And over here we'll put a happy little tree......just a touch of the thalo blue.....aaaaanything you want it to be).
Is that the art teacher that says "use happy colors"?

patrickthebassbasher
10-13-2005, 08:53 AM
YES! And believe it or not a few hours after I posted that, I was at Target and saw a Bob Ross Tshirt!!! That was his name! It said something about "happy trees" on the shirt, too!

Terr
10-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Bob Ross was cooool :cool:

chuckman
10-21-2005, 09:18 AM
December 10 - BE THERE! :guitarist :beer: :guitarist :clap2:

CH

"I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case and the other case - we only got one case left. - Barney G."

mmandy
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Bob Ross was cooool :cool:

Bob Ross was cool - I would videotape his programs, and then paint it, but I'd have to pause it, and sometimes rewind (how the HELL did he do that ???)

I did a Painting Seminar (the wife & I) with his son. Very cool . My wife & I have a couple of our "Bob Ross-ish" paintings up in the house.

It REALLY is so simple, anyone can do it. And they look awesome !

I highly reccommend taking a Seminar. It is definately worth it. Even if you think you have Zero painting talent - Do it.

Charger
10-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Hey I like sqwirlz! :D
Yeah, just don't like the Rattlers

I was wondeing if I could do this one, but with major plans being cancelled, I just need to get my ticket now

rio vista y&t fan
10-31-2005, 07:33 PM
got my tickets. see you all at the bash this year.third year in a row!!!!!!!!!!

rock on from the delta

galen stockdale

PiranhaGirl
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Got my ticket and just booked my flight!
Whooo hooooo!

:happy: I am SO there! :happy:

PiranhaGirl
11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Debating on staying closer to the venue, or just hopping back on 101 after the show and sticking close to the airport (since I'm leaving on the 11th).

Does anyone know of any decent hotels in or near Redwood City?

My1MsSteak
11-02-2005, 04:39 PM
homewood suites!

It's like 2 miles from Fox.

I've gotten it on priceline now two different times for $40.00 a night.

Not in "redwood city" officialy...

San Carlos I believe...???

No Regrets
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Got my ticket and just booked my flight!
Whooo hooooo!

:happy: I am SO there! :happy:

Excellent PG!!! :)

PiranhaGirl
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
homewood suites!

Cool, I'll take a look into that! Thanks babe!

PiranhaGirl
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Excellent PG!!! :)

*High fives Nancy* Whoooo! I can't wait! I'll be spending the week prior to the show in Arizona, and will fly in from there.

Will be great to see everyone again! I need a show so bad! This is gonna be excellent! :D

My1MsSteak
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
EEKKKKKK......:eek:

PG! Wait......

It's the:

HOMESTEAD SUITES!

And yes....San Carlos!

3 Circle Star Way to be exact!

I always get my homies mixed up! :o

So glad your coming out!

RaceMic
11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
homewood suites!

Yeah, what she said. Janine and I even ran into each other in the parking lot last year. Except, I think, I Price Lined it for $29.:D It's not 5 star, but it's new and clean and really close to the Fox.

PiranhaGirl
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
EEKKKKKK......:eek:

PG! Wait......

It's the:

HOMESTEAD SUITES!

And yes....San Carlos!

3 Circle Star Way to be exact!

I always get my homies mixed up!

So glad your coming out!

Um, technically i'm just coming to the show Steak...i'm not "coming out"!! Hate to break your heart, but I don't swing that way!!! :p :p :p

Hahahahaa!! I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist being a smartass. It's what I do. :D

My1MsSteak
11-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Steak...i'm not "coming out"!! Hate to break your heart, but I don't swing that way!!! :p :p :p

Awwww DAMN! :CRYING:

Dream another dream...

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
yahoo! P.G. yeah! :D

Charger
11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Glad to see that you'll be there

PiranhaGirl
11-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Awwww DAMN! :CRYING:

Dream another dream...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

;)

Jimmy CX
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Ya! Bring Dave some Killer Cheese !

Terr
11-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/b300/Squidley/NightSquid/cheeseguitar.jpg

Don't forget the Orange rig, Jimmy!

Jimmy CX
11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting for my 1976 2x12 combo to be delivered from Brooklyn it belonged to the Bay City Rollers at one point! p.s. Just got another Les Paul! Cheese is Good! Is that a Swiss Paul Custom??

ian
11-09-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm waiting for my 1976 2x12 combo to be delivered from Brooklyn it belonged to the Bay City Rollers at one point! p.s. Just got another Les Paul! Cheese is Good! Is that a Swiss Paul Custom??

the BAY CITY ROLLERS!!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT

the true rock prophets. you have a holy artifact , treasure it , worship it and dont spill beer on it!

Ian

Click
11-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Terr, I think you spend too much time looking for things on the enet. Where do you come up with some of these pix?

Terr
11-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Terr, I think you spend too much time looking for things on the enet. Where do you come up with some of these pix?

bosk1 posted this one on the Dave's New Guitar thread. :guitarist

I just stole it. :D

The Garage Sale Man
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM

YA , LIKE THE BNAHNAH CHICK, TOO FUNNY

bosk1
11-11-2005, 11:09 AM
bosk1 posted this one on the Dave's New Guitar thread. :guitarist

I just stole it. :D

That's okay. I stole it from someone on the DT forum. :D Not sure where they found it. C.C. Deville's website, maybe?

Terr
11-11-2005, 08:08 PM
That's okay. I stole it from someone on the DT forum. :D Not sure where they found it. C.C. Deville's website, maybe?

Pa-toom-poom->keeessssh<

:lmao:

zgreeneyedgirl
11-15-2005, 11:05 PM

now thats a funny visual! lmao :lmao:

Babe Magnet
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah Jimmy, way to go! I sense the pride in your self abuse and can certainly appreciate that. Beer friggin rules! Let's get together and toast that at the bash.

I will be at the B'day bash! Really looking forward to it. I've been busting my ass in all areas lately and this will be what I need, with a beer.

Oh...ah...ZGreeneyedgirl. My wife says I'm supposed to get a hug from you again. Yeah....that's the ticket.:uhoh: Well, she hasn't said that exactly, but she'd approve. I'm a lucky guy.

zgreeneyedgirl
11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
[quote=

Oh...ah...ZGreeneyedgirl. My wife says I'm supposed to get a hug from you again. Yeah....that's the ticket.:uhoh: Well, she hasn't said that exactly, but she'd approve. I'm a lucky guy.[/quote]

he he:p , except i will be MIA. i didnt get tickets in time! :aargh: but i am probably going to the new years show!!!

Jimmy CX
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Hugs are Cool! Beer is Better! The bash will be cool! New years will be cool! I do'n know what i'm doing new Years??? Maybe new York this year? Maybe Phil will put me on the Guest List?

Model_600
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Hugs are Cool! Beer is Better! The bash will be cool! New years will be cool! I do'n know what i'm doing new Years??? Maybe new York this year? Maybe Phil will put me on the Guest List?

I get to see Jimmy CX next weekend????? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Val

A&M SUX
12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Val

There may just be a special guest coming from Chicago, too..................

No, not me ya sillies! I said, "special" :D !!!! You know I'll be there!!

Model_600
12-02-2005, 12:11 PM
There may just be a special guest coming from Chicago, too..................

No, not me ya sillies! I said, "special" :D !!!! You know I'll be there!!

Right on!! I'm happy you will be able to make it out...
you always have "special" surprises when you come out to visit it seems!!!
I'll never forget the Birthday cake from the first party! WOW...that was so awesome!!!!
See you next week!!!!!
Val

Terr
12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
One week to go!!!!!! :guitarist YAY! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Jimmy CX
12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Val
Hell Yaaa! and I Get to see you!!! The count down is own! I'm so Impatient that I'm already Hung over! ???

Babe Magnet
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
he he:p , except i will be MIA. i didnt get tickets in time! :aargh: but i am probably going to the new years show!!!--Dammit. Well, you'll be missed. :)

Terr
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey Melissa- If you wanna go..I've got a ticket for ya. :D

jonathon.
12-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Just chiming in to say i hope everybody has a great night.

Wish i was there:beer:

Terr
12-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Wish you were here too, jonathan. I've got an extra ticket. :guitarist
Girl I was gonna take really wants to go but can't make it...

First person to catch me at the show gets it...

Drive safely everyone! Hittin' the road after watchin' this Mystic vid one more time...

Temptation
12-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Shake your bootie, sing to the top of your lungs and give Dave a bunch of birthday spankins for me! Have a great time everyone.....Needless to say...I WISH I WAS THERE!!

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
12-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Almost time to let the party begin...

I can't wait to unveil the culmination of "My Little Project." :D

Terr
12-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Dave was very pleased with Rowdy's Project & thanked him & everyone who contributed.

DMB was amazing as usual & did Train again. I love this song! Myron's solo was funky & BAD TO THE BONE! Mr. Blister, Until The Next Time, Loan Me A Dime, Man's World, No Lies, Lay Me Down...Take It Like A Man...etc.

Susan did fine on Dirty Girl in the Dream Jam & the guys did tooo
Some lucky cat got to play 3 or 4 songs on drums since Leonard didn't make it. Chris Miller played on Eyes of a Stranger with John on rhythm & then Joey played on Rescue Me & Mean Streak. Chris let Mr. Lucky play his drums on a few toons...let's see...I Believe In You, Hurricane--Joey dedicated to Katrina victims...&...Joey & John both played on a toon or three....I forget.

As I was leavin' someone said "There's been more huggin' here tonight than at a Family Reunion!" hahaaa Very true.
Lots of us Forum folks were there...Russ back from Texas already again, Deano & A&Msux from Chicago, Click from up North, Suz from Wisconsin...
...some people from L.A. tooo
Me from Bumfokk heh

Great chattin' with the Dude, fasteddie, JimmyCX, Gavin aka rio vista fan, Marty, Mark-one o' Leo's friends from waaay back, Jerry, etc.

Great Night! Now goodnight. I'm a little tired.

:D

Susan
12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm a little tired too. I've had insomnia now for 2 weeks!

Dave and Jill, I love you guys!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for picking me. No words can describe the feeling of being up there on stage playing with Dave! I'm in heaven! I'll be cherishing this forever! And to think I almost gave up my spot because I didn't think I could learn the song in time. I owe it all to my instructor who squeezed me in for 4 lessons in 1 week! That was so cool of him and he even showed up there last night after his gig in Los Altos.
That was the best birthday party I've ever been to. And to see both bands in one night. Whoo hooo! What a surprise. Our friends loved you guys too.
Thanks to all of you guys for signing my Dirty Girl shirt. The only signature missing is Leonard's. And thank you Curt for the awesome photo you made of all us dream jammers. You and Matthias were great! Can we do it again?!
Mark is a little upset at you Dave for not picking him-just kidding! He's ok with it. He helped me out with the song too as much as he could. I keep teasing him and telling him that I'm better than he is, haha!
The only thing I regret about last night is I didn't eat enough cake! I could've went for 2nds and 3rds. That was good cake!
That was the 1st birthday bash I've been to. Can't wait til next year.

Susan
12-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Almost time to let the party begin...

I can't wait to unveil the culmination of "My Little Project." :D

I'm glad to have been a part of your little project!

Susan
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the tickets Eddie!

fasteddie
12-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Great job Susan no problem on the tickets glad i could help.
I was thinking leo was back stage taking his regular nap and they just forgot to wake him up. Man with all that talent in the fan base no need to ever have to cancel a show Jill
Unless our favorite singer cant sing all you need to do is ask some fourm jammers
to fill in.
Damm Earthshaker better watch out looks like a few new tribute bands could be in the making. See you all New Years cant wait.

Leif
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, great job Susan. You looked relaxed on stage. :guitarist

Jimmy CX
12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Susan Looked like she was having some fun! very good to the eye's also!

Terr
12-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Lots of us Forum folks were there...Russ back from Texas already again, Deano & A&Msux from Chicago, Click from up North, Suz from Wisconsin...
...some people from L.A. tooo
Me from Bumfokk heh

:D

Oh...& Susan from Da Beeg Island of Hawaii! Who may return again for New Year's Eve!
SusanRocks all right! :p

Jimmy CX
12-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Winos from San Francisco were there too! I saw some old Drunk Wino when I looked in the Mirror in the bathroom!

wankenstein
12-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Damn, woman, that was one stellar performance last night! Holdin' down a mean bottom!

I could tell that you were having a blast up there. Like I told you last night, your meter was solid, and you did a good job holding it all together.

Had a good time chatting with your hubby, Mark, about various and sundry topics. Next time, you 2 should come as a package deal for the Dream Jam. I would like to see how you 2 rock together.

Tribute Band?

Susan
12-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the compliments. Everyone was so nice, it's really overwhelming.

Susan
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, great job Susan. You looked relaxed on stage. :guitarist

That was Mark's fault. He kept asking me to hold his beer while he went to the restroom. I can only hold it for so long b4 drinking it!

Susan
12-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Damn, woman, that was one stellar performance last night! Holdin' down a mean bottom!

I could tell that you were having a blast up there. Like I told you last night, your meter was solid, and you did a good job holding it all together.

Had a good time chatting with your hubby, Mark, about various and sundry topics. Next time, you 2 should come as a package deal for the Dream Jam. I would like to see how you 2 rock together.

Tribute Band?

Yeah, I was having a blast up there. I could tell you had a blast up there too. You got to play 3 or 4 songs? That was cool. You are a really good drummer. I enjoyed talking to you after and Mark said he really enjoyed talking to you too.
It was such an awesome night just being there and celebrating Dave's birthday. There were so many highlights.
Tribute Band? We'll work on it or at least dream about it.
Thanks again!

Terr
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Tribute Band! On Bass...Phillis Kennemore! :clap:

On Drums! Henry Rollins! No.

RaceMic
12-12-2005, 01:32 AM
See the set list and a bit of my commentary in this section or on fasteddie's B-day Bash thread in the 'Y&T Set Lists' section

A&M SUX
12-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Damn, I'm beat. But that's how your supposed to feel after a good night out :D !

I'll leave the play-by-play details to others who are more attuned to that sort of thing. I must say spirits were high Saturday night. As some of you know, Dean Streak came along for the ride. We got to the Fox way too early, but it ended up being a cool thing since we bumped into Suze (Pirhana Girl) outside. Brave girl she is, Suze tolerated our brand of idiocy whilst we all bided our time down the street drinking a couple down.

What a wonderful time we had at the show. Getting in tune with the regulars as well as finally meeting a few face-to-face. My memory must be improving or I've been spending alot of time in California ;) ! Dean didn't realize that it was, basically, a Meniketti show so he was happy to be at his first Meniketti gig. The crowd was great and it was fun to be able to just walk around and be a social butterfly all night, like it was someone's pad. The intimacy factor (and the bargain of a 4 to 5 hour show :beer: ) will always be bringing me back year after year.

While I look at some of the cover tunes from previous years' set lists as a bonus, rather than the lack of them this year as a detriment, I did miss them this time around. I know some fans think stuff like this is a waste of time and would rather hear original material, but I feel a few cover tunes adds a little looseness to the vibe. Plus, its fun for the guys, too. Dean asked me early on if I thought Dave would do "Night Prowler". I said anything was possible. Does anyone else like seeing this? I know how it is to cover a favorite bands' material and how fun it is.

:headbang:

PiranhaGirl
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Damn, I'm beat. But that's how your supposed to feel after a good night out :D !

I'll leave the play-by-play details to others who are more attuned to that sort of thing. I must say spirits were high Saturday night. As some of you know, Dean Streak came along for the ride. We got to the Fox way too early, but it ended up being a cool thing since we bumped into Suze (Pirhana Girl) outside. Brave girl she is, Suze tolerated our brand of idiocy whilst we all bided our time down the street drinking a couple down.

You guys were an absolute blast to hang out with!! :D
I'm so glad I decided to make the trip out there to catch this show...it was so great to see so many familiar friendly faces. I hadn't seen Dean since the Jaxx shows, so it was way cool. I think a trip to Chicago will definitely be in order, you guys are too cool! (and Dean, I'll be sure and bring lots of ketchup, ok? ;) )

And more importantly, what an amazing show this was! Kudos to all the winning dream jammers, you guys did such a fantastic job!! :clap2: Got to hear " Sail on By" which always tugs at my heartstrings a bit...it was awesome. The whole show was just incredible! I can't help but stand there in complete awe and get totally caught up in the moment. I must have looked like a deer in headlights most of the show......wow. This is the shit man...Dave ROCKS!!!!!! :D

Dean Streak
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
First & foremost I want to stand up and shout "THANK-YOU"! to A&MSUX for emailing me asking if I would like to go to Dave's birthday BASH. Thanks again Mike - It was an awesome weekend.

Since will call wasn't opening for an hour - PG, Mike & I went to a Bar. I remember telling Suze - "I am not going to drink because I am on meds", several beers later:::

We get our tickets & in we go. The place seemed a little small at first, but in the end was the perfect spot for the perfect show. Members of Y&T, Meniketti, Forum Members, random fans, and family members alike, it was great to be able to walk around and mingle with everyone. One second I was standing in front of the stage jamming, the next minute I was talking with Jill & Hannah, then upstairs talking with Remo, then downstairs hanging out with Joey, chatting with racemic, face-to-face with Rowdy, and taking pictures with Terr.

During the show I had made my way back to center stage to watch Phil, Dave, Joey & John jam. This moment for me was a bit intense - being from Illinois this moment doesn‘t come to often.

:::Are you regretting not coming yet?:::

Afterwards we watched Dave blow out his candles, and did a meet ‘n greet. The two remastered cd’s were for sale & I told Dave I had already sent my check in and he has to send them to me. LOL
He signed my ticket stub, AM&SUX took our picture…Very Cool. Later that night someone had mentioned IHOP and off we went, instead we found a Denny’s as did Tommy & Myron.

SUZE it was a BLAST hanging with you!!! From the moment you said: You better get your mother*explicit*ass up to the stage to would you like some more ketchup? It was an awesome night.
Can't wait to do this again.

I hope everyone that was there is going to share their pictures online - this would help me relive this night again & again.

One Side note for forum members: Everyone on the forum that goes to any future shows should carry around a "business" card. Including their screen name & a picture of them...this way we can remember who we talked to afterwards.

For the people I was able to say HI to, It was great meeting you. To the folks I didn’t get to meet - where the HELL were you???

OK who is flying to Chicago when then come this way????????

Terr
12-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Post our photo, Deano!

Did anyone get a shot o' Phil playin' Myron's gorgeous rust coloured bass with rust coloured strings????

RockUFOrever
12-15-2005, 03:17 PM
I have many photos and there are a few in the gallery that I took.I still have to go through them and I will post some more this weekend.

Dean Streak
12-16-2005, 04:52 AM
Post our photo, Deano!

Did anyone get a shot o' Phil playin' Myron's gorgeous rust coloured bass with rust coloured strings????

HA - Forever in digital TERR & DEANSTREAK - Enjoy