PDA

View Full Version : Meniketti/Pearson - Last Day Saloon

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
08-07-2005, 02:44 PM
You know, last time Dave played the Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa, it turned out to be one of the most memorable Meniketti shows in history. He was completely "in the zone" the entire night, and even though there weren't a lot of us in the crowd that night, those of us that were there remember this event as the night when Dave's talent was completely unleashed in front of our eyes and ears.

GET YOUR TIX TO THIS GIG! You don't want to possiblity miss a repeat of the last event!

To top it off, I finally get to see the Aaron Pearson band LIVE. I know Janine is looking forward to me seeing this guy perform. I'm looking forward to it myself. :D

See ya'all there!

My1MsSteak
08-08-2005, 07:58 AM
No doubt Jeff! :D

That Last Day show was one of the highlights of my concert going experiences!

I have every confidence the show on Sept. 8th will be equally as magical.

AAron Pearson will be a great fit for the opener. :guitarist

I hope alot of you can get up to Santa Rosa early enough to check him out.

5 weeks and counting.....

Janine :D

Terr
08-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I was there that super special night & I'll be there again.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

No Regrets
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Yep that is still my favorite Meniketti show of all time... can't wait for this show! :happy: :happy:
Nancy

FordWheeler
08-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I guess this means my question may be answered. Found out yesterday my Uncle started his own restaurant/club in Windsor. Only a few exits down the road from Last Day Saloon. The hall is about the same size too. They book bands every Friday and Saturday nights. Hopefully, Dave can check into playing there. Guaranteed to be a fun evening. If anyone ever goes in there, just tell them Pat sent you.

http://www.sharplisting.com/cgi-bin/shell.pl?iClientID=82

My1MsSteak
08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
UH.............SOUSA'S perhaps?

FordWheeler
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Nope Souza with a Z not an S.. That makes a big difference. :D

My1MsSteak
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Let's try this again..... :_sure:

Souza's on Old Redwood Highway?

Also has a restaurant attached to it there somewhere?

Been open 6 months or so?

Am I close here Pat?

FordWheeler
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Janine, yes you are right on. My cousin Jared manages the place while his parents still work their regular jobs. It has been open for 15 months from what they told me. They sold their property out there to some Indian Tribe and bought this restaurant and another house in the area. You have been there and I haven't. This can't be good. I will be checking it out very soon. From the pictures I have seen it looks very nice.

Babe Magnet
08-09-2005, 07:00 AM
May actually make this show! Haven't been to that club yet. I need some live Meniketti!

bosk1
08-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Yikes! I misread the title of this thread and thought it said "Meniketti/Poison" Now that's a combination I would not want to see!

Garth Simpson4
08-11-2005, 09:37 AM
If I recall right, it was Pat's B-Day, and being the responsible guy he is, he would only allow me to buy him a soda! (I tried to corrupt him w/ a drink)..lol...
That's one thing about midweek shows; they don't always sell out, but at least you don't have to deal w/ the 'weekend drunken idiots'.

Cool venue to boot...-G-.

RaiderHog
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
If I recall right, it was Pat's B-Day, and being the responsible guy he is, he would only allow me to buy him a soda! (I tried to corrupt him w/ a drink)..lol...
That's one thing about midweek shows; they don't always sell out, but at least you don't have to deal w/ the 'weekend drunken idiots'.

Cool venue to boot...-G-.ya! well i know 'one of us' that will be there!

FordWheeler
08-12-2005, 06:55 AM

Cool venue to boot...-G-.Yep, it was my b-day and a memorable one at that. I won't be attending this one. But, I will defenitely be in Concord for the Bourbon St show. Everyone better show for this one. The Tuesday folowing this show I leave for Pittsburgh, Pa for 3 weeks to start my training on the new job.

My1MsSteak
08-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Cool venue to boot...-G-.

Yes ...The Last Day is a very nice club! :beer:

After Dave played there, they put up a framed B/W photo of him on the wall.

There are over 100 music luminaries represented.

Dave has the dubious distinction of being THE ONLY ARTIST ever stolen off the walls there!

He was nice enuff to send them a new pic. :D

He is now in the front bar where they can keep an eye on him!

This is going to be a great show!

And yes....I am very happy and excited for my friend Aaron getting to open for "MENIKETTI"! :guitarist

Leif
08-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I wanted to go to this, but Thursdays aren't good. Going to the Moe's Alley show Friday. I'd like to see Aaron sometime. I listened to the CD, Janine. I liked it.

SusanRocks
08-18-2005, 02:52 AM
My flight is booked and I'm really looking forward to this gig!! :D
As many others have already mentioned...it has to be one of the "all time great" Meniketti shows!

Aaron gave me his CD at NAMM, but it didn't make it to Hawaii with me.... (too many CD's and only 2 suitcases!) it's still in Emeryville! But hey, at least I can hear it live soon...

See ya all there. Smiles, ~Susan

Sandman
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
So last week my buddy tells me the date changed for his bachelor party ( a weekend in Vegas ), it is now the 9/9-11. All I hear is the voice in my head screaming "NOOOOO!!! THAT's MENIKETTI WEEKEND!!!" While I sure I won't get too much sympathy for taking a weekend trip to Vegas, I am also sure you guys understand the reaction.

And of course I have to fly on 9/11 for the second time in the last 3 years...:uhoh:

But, the good news is that it leaves me no choice and no excuse for not making this show on Thursday night. So count me in!!

My1MsSteak
09-08-2005, 07:28 AM
:raiseroofBUMPITY~BUMP~BUMP:raiseroof

You know, last time Dave played the Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa, it turned out to be one of the most memorable Meniketti shows in history. He was completely "in the zone" the entire night, and even though there weren't a lot of us in the crowd that night, those of us that were there remember this event as the night when Dave's talent was completely unleashed in front of our eyes and ears.

GET YOUR TIX TO THIS GIG! You don't want to possiblity miss a repeat of the last event!

To top it off, I finally get to see the Aaron Pearson band LIVE. I know Janine is looking forward to me seeing this guy perform. I'm looking forward to it myself. :D

See ya'all there!

Whooooo Hooooo !!:headbang:
TONITE'S THE NIGHT !!

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-08-2005, 09:10 AM
... and it's gonna be alright! :D

Looking forward to a good time tonight!

Terr
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
YEAH! TONIGHT!! & TOMORROW!! WOOOOO HOOOOOooooooooooo!!

We'll see ya there!! :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

:happy: :happy: :happy: