PDA

View Full Version : Scanner problem

thinlizzy
03-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I go to scan some images and the comp says there is no scanner found. I uninstall the program and reload it 2 times. Still the same problem. I am ready to put my foot throught the comp screen as it was working before I disc defragged it. Piece of s@@t

The Rockin' Donkey
03-20-2005, 07:19 AM
1. Check to see if the cable connecting the scanner to the PC is connected securely
2. Verify if you're supposed to install the software with the device connected or disconnected.
3. Carefully follow the directions for installing the device if you still have them. If you don't have them, most manuals can be downloaded in PDF format from the company's website.

ian
03-20-2005, 09:54 AM
were you trying to scan your bollocks?

that'll mess it up!..

..eh or so I've heard!

Ian

thinlizzy
03-20-2005, 12:02 PM
The loading program has a fix problems icon and I ran it through that. It whirred a bit. I shut down and rebooted the comp and again piece of la garbage game me the same statement. I will take it off again and keep plugging away. I used it on Friday with no problems.

Yeah Ian I am going to scan my ass but I am going to put the scanner in the snow on the ground outside and jump from the room as part of pre launch. :gay:

PiranhaGirl
03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
1. Check to see if the cable connecting the scanner to the PC is connected securely
2. Verify if you're supposed to install the software with the device connected or disconnected.
3. Carefully follow the directions for installing the device if you still have them. If you don't have them, most manuals can be downloaded in PDF format from the company's website.Great advice, Donk.

Especially #2.. all the scanners i've had, the softwear had to be installed first. I'd advise disconnecting the whole shebang, uninstalling the softwear, then reinstall and THEN reconnect the scanner. That's always worked for me.

good luck! and if you scan your bollocks...ferchrissakes, we DON'T want to see it! :bigeyes: :lmao:

thinlizzy
03-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Well I thought I figured out the problem. I had been clicking using the parrallel ports before and then changed it. Well, no fricken luck. I uninstalled all the scanners stuff and reloaded it. No luck. shiatttte.

Well Ian wants to see my butt.

ian
03-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Well I thought I figured out the problem. I had been clicking using the parrallel ports before and then changed it. Well, no fricken luck. I uninstalled all the scanners stuff and reloaded it. No luck. shiatttte.

Well Ian wants to see my butt.

bollocks is not yer butt!
...and to quote pg "ferchristssakes I dont wanna see yer bollocks"

ian

thinlizzy
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Man this is getting bad. So I have two other labtops and I figured I could try and get the scanner working on them. Well the Dell P3 disc drawer is stuck so I cannot load the disk.. I pulled the friggen thing apart and don't want to break it. I will have to obtain another disc compartment. My other comp P1, the scanner actually works. Well the disc drive on that one is won't stay in. I will have to buy another one on Ebay as these are ancient so this isn't working. I will keep on playing the old reload , load program. Sheeesh.

Ian buttocks and bullocks are pretty close I think you just hit the wrong key 2ce :lmao: :lmao:

ian
03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Ian buttocks and bullocks are pretty close I think you just hit the wrong key 2ce :lmao: :lmao:

ok...what would you prefer..a kick in the bollocks or a kick in the buttocks?

they are not similar!!

Ian

Tommy Mogren
03-21-2005, 12:38 PM

they are not similar!!

Ian

:lmao: :biggrinbo

PiranhaGirl
03-21-2005, 05:44 PM

they are not similar!!

Ian:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

thinlizzy
03-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Ian now you want both the bollocks and the buttocks greedy ...greedy. Your out of luck as the scanner is down you must have jinxed it with yor negative energy.

The Dude
03-23-2005, 02:07 AM
First you need to go to the scanner company site and download the newest driver set and program save this to your desktop then uninstall the old program reboot Ya reeboot No freaking shortcuts then install the new version and do not conect the cable till your told to by the program when complete be sure to reboot again this writes the driver to the regestry be sure to choose the driver and program set for your OS

Hope this helps!

ian
03-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Ian now you want both the bollocks and the buttocks greedy ...greedy. Your out of luck as the scanner is down you must have jinxed it with yor negative energy.

I think your bollock sweat has caused a short!

mop them tenderly before you scan!

Ian

thinlizzy
03-23-2005, 03:27 PM
So I have a Dell P 3 Labtop and I got it from one of my friends as he had a bunch to unload. Well first problem was the power connecting cord at the back was cutting in and out and while I was using it the thing died and locked up on me. I ended up buying a new battery of ebay thinking this was the problem. I ended up giving it to my buddy to give to the guy he got them off of to fix as I had the thing like maybe two weeks. So it comes back and all the dude did was tape the f@@king thing. Of course this is a band aid solution. My buddy tells me he doesn't have another cord and to be careful. This lasted about 3 days. I ended up going on Ebay once again ( Yes, Terr ) and picked up another for dirt cheap. So now I have a new cord a new ( depleted battery due to the cord ) and I should be good to go. I have been on line for maybe 6 whole times with it. Now I boot it up and when I click on internet explorer whap the thing locks up. I shut down and reboot and go in through the start menu and it works a couple times and then won't link online. I left it as I have my other p2 and it works. So I was piddling with it the other day and found out that the cd drive won't open up. I tried pulling it apart and got nowhere. I called up DELL today and asked them for help. Tech guy gives me a few things but to no avail. I ended up having to buy another disc tray as I want to hook my scanner up to this one. I probably will have to have the memory wiped and have it reformatted. What a pain in the a@@ man. :_sure:

thinlizzy
03-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Well I have tried too many times to get the possessed piece of shit going so I went to HP site and am now downloading the drivers, which are supposed to be on the disk I have for it. It is going to take awhile do do this but maybe the disk is defective so I will try this as it will keep me from launching it out the window. Serenity now, serenity now. :_sure:

thinlizzy
03-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I went online with the disk I have for the scanner and it has problems , solutions. It is going to take a bit to play with but at this point what do I have to lose as the previous downloading the drivers doesn't workski.

thinlizzy
03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Well problems have went to the nth degree. While I was trying to download the drivers for the scanner last night I tried to put the program in a new file folder. Well the comp didn't do this so I went looking on the c drive to find the exe startup folder. Somehow I uninstalled my f @@king mouse pad and mouse. Now I am really hooped. I managed to find the drivers using the tab to scroll, this is a major pain in the ass man and download. When I tried to set up the program it starts and then locks up. I tried norton antivirus to try and clean it up a little thinking maybe it will work and the antivirus won't run. I give up.

thinlizzy
03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Well I got my new disc tray for my Dell P 3 and took it in to have the memory wiped clean and reinstalled. Cha , ching. I might not have it for 7 days. What are those guys doing that they need seven days for ? If I had the disk I would reformat myself. While this is going on my Dell P 2 mouse is still pooched, Joey K curse or something, but I can still operate using the tab button but it is a pain. I am trying to get a microsoft 98 windows from my buddy so I can reboot that as well. If I cannot get it I will have to get that memory wiped out and reformated as there is a glitch in the program that won't let me install the friggen mouse system.

Terr
03-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Thank God. We need this break from yerass. :D

thinlizzy
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Jeff, I think I have the possessed comp as well as I hit the pavement another time. It seems when I dropped off the P3 to have it wiped that they called me last night and the stupid lady at DELL who took my order gave me a 3.5 floppy drive instead of the disc drive. They both slip into the same holder. So now I have to go pick up the friggen comp lug it back and call DELL to get the right part and send the old one back. But I am going to weasle a startup disk from them for their screwup therefore by passing having to take it in. Tap , tap , tap. more waiting sheeesh.

thinlizzy
03-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Well today I had to pick up my P 3 that DELL sent me the wrong drive for and Staples, although did absolutely jack shit other than tell me I had the wrong drive. They didn't open it up or anything charge me 20 bucks. I was like come again, you didn't do anything and it is not my fault here. She said it was there policy. Well I bought two scanners from them previously and my printer and had work done on my other two comps previously and will get ZERO business from me in the future. I think she got the hint as I left. I called Dell and they are picking up the old cartidge and then sending me the one I need. I also going to try and milk them for a startup disk. Well see.

thinlizzy
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
I can win at this one. Well I called up DELL and they are going to have UPS pick up the wrong part and then send me the right part. I talked to them about sending a recovery disk for this unit and they say they no longer stock them but if I would like I can pay 150 for a similar disk. I am like dude that is way tooo much. I will go to the mighty Ebay and try and find one OR my bud has a comp guy that works for cheapo so I will give him some work. That is today's update.

Terr
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
My update is my Ibanez is still in NY. :aargh:

thinlizzy
03-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh so you are tracking by UPS then? I thought this was the comp section wasn't it Terr ? lololo. Well G bay may have one of my problems licked. This guy is selling a disk that is the endall be all of repair for my p2 mouse problemo. It only cost me 10 bones and if I am not satisfied I can return it. I will see if the P 3 has a recovery disk but I don't have the time at the momento. later

thinlizzy
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Well I took my P 2 with no mouse to a comp geek friend and his roomie who is pretty comp savy to try and get the Windows 98 restored. Stupid dell has some code which we couldn't obtain and the disk drive works but not the floppy. Basically back to square one. Sheesh piece of junk. Now I just am waiting for the disk drive for the p 3 and try and get that going.

thinlizzy
04-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Well I might have got a break yesterday with the P 3 in that one of the guys on my hockey team has a copy of XP home edition and is going to lend it to me. This will same me some $ as I was going to get it off of ebay for like 80 U.S. To by the version in the store is 275 Canadian so I like this. Enuff said.

thinlizzy
04-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I will be getting the XP version on Wed so my P 3 should be ready to go. I won't go there just yet as the black cloud is following me.

thinlizzy
04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I get the XP Windows today so the P 3 might be saved. I could have got it yesterday but I wasn't around. Cross your fingers.

thinlizzy
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Well I got the Windows regular disc and XP Windows , not the full just the update. Plugged the 98 into the p 2 and thing won't read but it will play CD's in the slot???.. P 3 reinstalled Win 98 no problem and then tried the XP. Loaded and then stated some files were missing on the load, I am thinking the regular version is the one that I needed to totally fix the situation. Glad I didn't buy it as the fricken dickweed from Futureshop goes ohhhhh that is what you will need buddy to fix your comp. Yeah right yerself. Anyways I will go to my tech buddies tonight to see if I screwed up somewhere if not I will probably chase a copy of the Win Xp on G bay. And the headache continues.

Terr
04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Just replying here cuz nobody else is.... whilst eatin' my pnut butter & jelly samwich...

Yer probs have convinced me that I've done the right thing to let my scanner just sit here. Fokk it. :alien2:

thinlizzy
04-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Well I went over to my tech buddies house last night at like 9 ish and didn't get out until midnight but I am making ground. The P 2 now has a mouse capability, finally. ( All because of th F@@king scanner ) Here is the kicker on this one. My tech buddy being the organized person he is says " Hey I am going to clean up some of this stuff on your comp. " I am like giv er . Anyways the giving er ends up that I can 't look at my mail or bid on ebay. Ackkkkkkk. I will fix this with my net provider and give them a call and whine so they can guide me through it. The P 3 we scrapped the XP windows, reinstalled Windows 98, it's what we had and then when I got home loaded the XP update disc. Then I put in the disc for shaw internet. Problem here is when I tap on the explorer it says no connection. Again I can fix this the same way by phone tech as it is a small problemo.

BTW at Wallmart I seen a scanner for 77 bones from Canon. Very tempted to grab that. :o

Terr
04-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Next yer gonna tell us ya did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LightSnake/BadDay.gif

:lmao:

thinlizzy
04-16-2005, 12:31 AM
I spike my PS 2 controller is the closest I get to going nuts like that. I have been having such a good streak with my comps I was bound to get problems. It is to be expected. NOT liked.

thinlizzy
04-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Well here is the updateski. I rebooted the Windows 98 and then the XP update on my P 3. Next I am on the internet and like I previously stated get the prompt " Your comp will shut down in 60 sec " Bam, shuts down and then starts back up again. SOOOOOOOO I got this number from the internet place of a guy that fixes them. He calls me up and says he wants to put Windows 2000 on and this security stuff and says he wants to charge 150 bones. Lucky me, he wants to give me a WHOLE one month guarantee. I tell him dude one month is not a good deal as I don't know this guy from a hole in a the head. I told him I only paid 325 for the comp and he wants wayyyyy too much. This guy doesn't have a store or in the phone book etc. I might be interested if I do all my business on the comp but for rec forget that noise. I will give my other friend a call and he will line me up with his friend to fix the glitch as he is the TURD that sold me this defuct contraption that hasn't worked properly since I bought it.

The Dude
04-20-2005, 02:25 AM
I would get it to work for you but you are just too far away Bro ! :CRYING:

thinlizzy
04-20-2005, 05:59 AM
The support is enough to keep my from friggen breaking , smashing, drop kicking hey wait I do that in hockey. I will get there it just may take me awhile. Stay real. :welcome:

The Rockin' Donkey
04-23-2005, 09:41 AM
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

You are now in God Mode.

thinlizzy
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Well first I am going to slap on windows 2000 and delete the XP crap I have on. Then scan for viruses as I am sure have a few.

thinlizzy
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Well tomorrow I am getting the P 3 wiped and putting in windows 2000 so this should get me going< I hope. I have put up with more crap that I can bear.

BlondeDutchess
05-01-2005, 11:49 PM
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

You are now in God Mode.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Where's the level skip? I'm going after the big boss!

thinlizzy
05-02-2005, 09:26 PM
So I took the P 3 in today and dude is going to like I said install Windows 2000 rather than the piece of crap win xp that is sucking all my resources. He is doing some other stuff for the comp covert which is pretty cool. Should have it back by thurs or friday. And no I won't be paying 150 bones like that other D@@k was asking. BTW the internet cafe I usually go to when I was screwed with my comp has about 4 of their comps all pooched. Maybe I have viruses in me that infiltrate comps around me. I should get checked out and de -bugged sometime. :D

bjaramil
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
this thread is always #1 in its category...it should get a prize....

thinlizzy
05-04-2005, 03:55 PM
To get to kick the crap out of all my computers and someone replace them with a new f@@king one that works. Terr is usually the only one to mess with my thread. I am thinking of writing a newer version of Idiots Guide to fixing computer problems but alas I am starting to spread the infection to other comps I touch. Could it be the " Dark Side " taking me over ? Gotta plug the Star Wars man. It may sound like the funniest thread but man frustration doesn't even begin to scratch the surface man.

thinlizzy
05-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Well I took my P 3 to the guy at the store. I get a call saying there is no cd drive. I am what the F@@k are you talking about. I go looking around the house and sure as shit it is on the floor in the kitchen. The computer gods hate me period now I now. Banishing me to limbo. :mad:

thinlizzy
05-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Well I got the Win 2000 installed. I had to buy a new card as well. Worked for two days and then all hell broke loose. Now when I load up all I get is blue screen. The black plague following my tush continues. I took it back for the guy to reload it one more time. He is luvving me big time. :_sure:

thinlizzy
06-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Well finally got the P 3 runningski. New card to speed shit up and now back with XP loaded. I talked with my bud and walked my through the installation. Man a few more hundred times and I will get the hang of it. Now hopefully I can get my scanner hooked up. Stupide Radio Shack shit taking his sweet time with the comp. He kept yapping he wanted one like it. I figured he was tooling around with it. I hope I won't have to post here on this thread for awhile although my P 2 needs a new battery. Ebay ho. :D

thinlizzy
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Well the comp is working I got grisoft on to keep the viruses semi at bay but now I have another annoyance. When doing the start up page out of the blue the screen goes to microsoft updates and then like 5 windows powerslam opening up. Then after I shut them down one by one the one says that I have to download the microsoft update and then the virus alert goes off saying I have a virus so I am thinking it is the download itself. I tried setting up automatic updates for the windows microsoft but it keeps saying I didn't load them but I followed their stupid steps to a tee. Gay.

Terr
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Man. This thread is a hoot.

My twins are gettin' PCs this month & DELL will throw in free printers... & scanners are like $39 extra. You can get a good HEAVY DUTY one with wireless keyboard & mouse, plus printer & scanner for about a grand...tax included. I'm puttin' in $500 apiece & they'll each have to match it.

I suggested mini-macs but they want what they want. :uhoh:

thinlizzy
07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
yeah it is hard for each person to pic whot they want for a system. Do the research and go from there.

megaworm
07-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Maybe that's why your getting so many viruses.
I know some computers may not seem good for much else.
XP has a lot of good security features.
Ad Aware (virus protection) has or had a good free trial that worked great for me. Norton 03 did nothing.

thinlizzy
07-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I'd come clean if it was PORN but it ain't. So Jeff I have a new killer game on my computer. It is see how fast and if I can shut down the windows before a million windows lock it up. It requires great hand , eye coordination as when they blitz I have to move the icon ultra quick. Sometimes I have to shut down which means I lost the game just to get on. And the BEST thing it is FREE. Yesterday I scanned out 100 viruses and the stupid virus shitbag scanner deleted a whopping 8 of them. REAL good seller on your security system I tell ya. Useless. :mad:

No Regrets
07-06-2005, 11:03 AM
This thread is a joke... I say toss all your puters and buy a new one! When you add up all the hours and money you've spent on that $300 computer.. its not such a deal. You could a bought a new one and had money to spare!

Also do you have a pop-up blocker? No one should be getting all those windows these days...

Nancy

FordWheeler
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Like Nancy already stated. Computers are very cheap nowadays. I can build a decent system for under 300. I upgraded my wifes and my own for about 400 last year. Dell has a pretty good deal too. If you don't want to build one yourself. I have pretty much stated to all the people I work with, on their PC's. If its slower than 500mhz, toss it. Its not even worth the time to work on it.

thinlizzy
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
scheme as I would rather spend the extra money doleing out on a new comp on guitar products, guitars, new amps etc. I don't like giving up it is like the comp wins. If the thread doesn't jive for ya, well then DON"T read or REPLY to it! BTW enjoy your day.

thinlizzy
07-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Well having a few glitches that grisoft can't fix so I had to get ahold of spybot. It wouldn't download from my comp so I headed to the good old internet cafe and downloaded it to disk. Brought it home and plugged it on. Cleaned it up but the agrisoft freebee period is over in two days. My friend says I just have to go back onto the site for the free version.

megaworm
07-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm serious, it's the best I've seen out there.
I just down loaded a free version for an old ME computer and again has one wonders. Aside from not having much space the ME was very slow and now it's doing great.

thinlizzy
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I had ad aware before. It worked okay but I think there are a few knock off variations so you have to insure that you get the right one. I had zone alarm back as well. :CRYING:

Terr
07-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Time to visit an Internet Cafe??!! :guitarist

thinlizzy
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
where I have been the past week Terr. Got my comp blasted and starting once again. Sheeeesh