PDA

View Full Version : DVD Audio Extraction, etc.

Canuck
02-27-2005, 09:00 AM
It's Sunday, everyone in the house is sick, so I've been playing around on the 'puter. A couple of questions I'd like to throw out there.
1) How much difficulty is there in extracting audio from DVDs?
2) Is it possible to extract certain files from DVDs. I'll give you an example. My kids have some of those "public domain" cartoon videos (the ones you can get for a buck at WalMart. Very often, there will be only one good short on a disc.) Just wondering if it was possible to save them to your hard drive and put only the ones you want on another disc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

RockUFOrever
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
I have wondered the same thing.a friend of mine wanted me to take the audio only show off a Hendrix DVD and put it on a CD.

I figure there may be a way to do it but I tried and was unsuccessful in trying to find the file on the DVD out of the many that were in the DVD file that would work.

Eddietherocker
02-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Follow the directions here, you need to download
Virtualdub is a free download and is found on this
site too. Only do the steps till its asking you to save it,
then you need to change format from wav to mp3.

http://www.videohelp.com/virtualdubaudio.htm

bjaramil
02-27-2005, 02:48 PM
or, if you're cheap like me, just run a quarter inch out from the speaker jack to the 'in' jack and use 'sound recorder' or similar to record the wav...then if you want, convert it to mp3...

BlondeDutchess
02-27-2005, 10:45 PM
There are a few programs on the market that allow you to extract the files onto your computer and from there burn them onto a dvd/cd if you want to (i.e. how people rip them and post them on kazaa, etc. for downloading).