PDA

View Full Version : More computer help needed!

Canuck
12-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Here's my latest problem, when I go to this site I now get a warning telling me that it cannot run scripts or something. Specifically it says, "IMGDIR_MISC" is undefined.

Also, that damn Windows Messenger keeps coming up. ARRRGH!

The Dude
12-28-2004, 12:28 AM
First put your windows cd in and do the repair windows next install the latest version of ie remove all other browsers before doing this except your current copy of ie next run a spy where checker and a antivirus then install the new browser your going to need to install java and flash and all those plugins again hope this helps!

Canuck
12-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Thanks I'll see what happens.

The Rockin' Donkey
12-28-2004, 02:48 PM
According to this thread (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92188): it sounds like a forum configuration problem. Has anything been changed here recently?

Canuck
01-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Whew! Seems like FOREVER since I've posted (collective sigh of relief:D .) I believe my computer woes are finally over. A buddy of mine that I work with came down and reformatted my computer for me so WATCH OUT JUMP BACK! Somehow some nasty spyware got into my system and wreaked havoc on my PC. But I'm ready for it now.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year's. Watching the excitement on my daughter's face (my son's still young to really get it) on Christmas morning reminded me of just how good it is to be a parent. Had quite a few days off to spend at home as well.

Two of my favorite presents this year came in the form Unearthed, Vol.2 and a Y&T logo shirt. (Funny, I can't find the shirt on the merch page anymore?) UE2 is really good, haven't gotten into it as much as the first one, but I'm working on it. "Face To Face", "Lucky Night", "Get Tough", and "Crazy Make Love" stand out so far as, well, standouts. I really like "Dance Dance Dance", don't really understand why they had to change the title because of Sammy Hagar (I love Sammy, but his "Boys Night Out" has to be one of the worst songs he's ever written.) I DO see why they didn't include "Crazy Make Love" on an album, it's very similar to "Slow And Easy". During those pregnant pauses, I keep expecting to hear Dave (Meniketti, that is) say "...to the bone."

Later.

Terr
01-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Hmmmmm.....mmmmaybe that's my problem. Spyware. Everything is frozen. No blinkin' Black Tiger. No stick twirling. WTF????
Can ya see my hula girl & C.W. logo?? I can't. Dang.
HELP!!!

The Rockin' Donkey
01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
It could be spyware. I highly recommend installing and registering AdAware to anyone who installs alot of software (like Kazaa, etc.).