PDA

View Full Version : Book review/recommend section?

METLHEDD
12-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey "admin" seems we have alot of readers here so how about a section to recommend/review books, cd's, movies, dvd's hell even post recipes (we all have to eat right?) i'm game to try some "veggie" stuff. What cha think?? METL

bjaramil
12-01-2004, 06:26 PM
If you havent read Dan Brown's Deception Point, check out the cover. I LOVED IT!!! A GREAT story, written well.
not so keen on the Da Vinci code or Angels and Demons, but loved Digital Fortress (all Dan Brown novels)

Babe Magnet
12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm reading "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. It's a book about her pregnancy. My favorite part so far is when she talks about the worries her husband had about her vagina being blown out from the childbirth and that having sex afterwards might be like "thowing a hot dog down a hallway".

See. We're starting a review thread from this...

bjaramil
12-02-2004, 04:23 AM
ha ha

Terr
12-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Hey "admin" seems we have alot of readers here so how about a section to recommend/review books, cd's, movies, dvd's hell even post recipes (we all have to eat right?) i'm game to try some "veggie" stuff. What cha think?? METL
I think you can buy Mrs. Coverdale's book Food That Rocks @ whitesnake.com....lotsa recipes from many band members. Reminds me that I oughta get one tooooo
I'm gonna make one called:
The I Hate To Cook Book
For Vegetarians

A room without books is like a body without a soul.

Montyrob
12-03-2004, 10:16 AM
I restarted reading the Myth books by Robert Asprin, I love fantasy novels, I have all but 4 of the Dragonlance books by TSR, they take up a whole bookcase by themselves. I also used to read (but sold) 200 Mac Bolan books which were along the merc line theme

Canuck
12-03-2004, 07:32 PM
I mentioned this before, but "Fargo Rock City" by Chuck Klosterman is a cool book for those of us hovering between 30 and 40. And for anyone who enjoys a good rock read.

Terr
12-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan
CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE

unico 1
12-10-2004, 09:47 AM
I restarted reading the Myth books by Robert Asprin, I love fantasy novels, I have all but 4 of the Dragonlance books by TSR, they take up a whole bookcase by themselves. I also used to read (but sold) 200 Mac Bolan books which were along the merc line theme

I just finished reading the Myth books. Great books.

Now I'm on to Christopher Moore's "The Stupidest Angel"

I love Christopher Moore he writes the most bizarre stories.

bjaramil
12-14-2004, 09:43 PM
many years ago i was assigned the last picture show by larry mcmurtry...i thought it would blow, but it is one of my favorites...i often wish I had never read it so i could read it for the first time again...on my trip to san fran last week to see Dave, I picked up the sequel, (i didnt even know there was one) Texasville....
i liked Last Picture Show ALOT and Texasville looks to be as good....