Rock Image
10-01-2004, 06:14 PM
This type of board has an option in the edit option

of the the User CP called. FORUM SKINS. Will you

be activating this option?

My1MsSteak
10-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Uh Bill........

Before my mind takes me to places it REALY does not belong....

would you kindly tell me:

What in the heck are FORUM SKINS ??

And why do they need to be edited ??

Thank You!

Janine :D

Rock Image
10-01-2004, 08:06 PM
It's an option that allows you to change the colors and

stuff of the forum. Much like changing the skins on

Window Media Player. I want mine a different color!!!:_sure:

Ok, so I can't leave stuff alone.

FordWheeler
10-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, if Dave wants some I have a zip file full of Skins for this board. I prefer a dark background myself. Its much too bright in here for this night owl.:D

Terr
10-01-2004, 11:00 PM
YEAH! I'll make mine look like Joey's Site!

My1MsSteak
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I would also like to change my color scheme.

This one oddly enuff reminds me of the Civil War. :_sure:

odtheroadie
10-02-2004, 11:12 AM
You have to go to SHOW YOURSELF and then you can show your For um SKIN :lmao: :eek: :bigeyes:

My1MsSteak
10-02-2004, 11:23 AM
You have to go to SHOW YOURSELF and then you can show your For um SKIN :lmao: :eek: :bigeyes:

Well! Well!

I was wondering how long THAT would take........

Rock Image
10-02-2004, 01:14 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for...

SOMEONE to change the POINT of this thread.

Jeff or Dave, are you out there??

:confused:

odtheroadie
10-02-2004, 09:30 PM
The Devil made Me do it ! ! ! ;)

PiranhaGirl
10-03-2004, 06:20 AM
I might be wrong (and frequently am!) but I coulda swore I read Dave say that this option would be available for us sometime.....

I agree Bill, I like to fiddle around with that stuff too. Would be a nice option to have in here!:D

The Rockin' Donkey
10-03-2004, 06:34 AM
I'd just like to be able to override some of the fonts. I don't like really big fonts. It just looks tacky in my opinion. I don't have a problem with other people using them, I'd just like to be able to override them.

Rock Image
10-06-2004, 06:17 PM
:confused: :(

Anybody Home??

The Rockin' Donkey
10-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Dave's not here, man! :lmao:

Terr
10-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Fantasy Flag Football!! Forum Shirts VS. Forum Skins!!
My fantasy is to be Cap'n o' the Forum Skins with Janine on my team!!
Janine- Go long! I'll hit ya in the end zone!

Dave Meniketti
10-07-2004, 05:02 AM
OK, here I am at 5am, can't sleep & added a few skins. Haven't tweeked them yet so play around with them & I'll add some more in the next few days.

PiranhaGirl
10-07-2004, 05:48 AM
Looks very cool Dave!!! I feel bad you couldn't sleep, but Thanks for adding these!

I'm using the "evil" one... I dig it! :D

My1MsSteak
10-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey PG..........

Great minds think alike!

EVIL is good. :D

Looks like we will have some happy RAIDERS fans too.

:beer:

Thanks Dave!

PS........WOW! Looks GREAT with my Bat! :)

Rock Image
10-07-2004, 06:57 AM
"COOL, Mr. Meniketti";)

Terr
10-07-2004, 02:50 PM
I agree, ladies-Evil is the coolest. Thanks, Dave! 'Member how I said it was too bright in here?
Now it's nice n' Dark. Bwa-ha ha

My1MsSteak
10-07-2004, 02:52 PM
OK........... but now what happened to the other "SMILIES" :confused:

Janine :errrr:

FordWheeler
10-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I like the dark theme. Evil is just toooooooo red for my taste.:D

Dave Meniketti
10-07-2004, 03:43 PM
To quickly sample & change through the skins, just scroll down to the bottom left of the page & you'll see the drop down box to quickly choose a different skin.

Dave Meniketti
10-07-2004, 03:51 PM
OK........... but now what happened to the other "SMILIES" :confused:

Janine :errrr:

What smilies are you missing? Let me know where they are missing, what skin and editor you are using (Basic, Standard or Enhanced) & I'll see if we can duplicate the problem & fix it.

My1MsSteak
10-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Missing the "SMILIES" that you would click on for "more" of the little creatures.

ie....the tomato, the banana, the band, the ufo's ect... :confused:

Iv'e got the basic ones to the right of my "reply screen".

Using EVIL skin.......NATURALY! ;)

And I'm using "Standard" edit......

Thanks in advance Dave! :alien2:

Dave Meniketti
10-07-2004, 05:02 PM
What's happening is that I need to tweak each of these new skins to make sure the different fonts are legible. The function is there to see more smilies, it's just that the "[more]" link is a real light color that blends into the background. If you look real close you can probably see it on the lower left hand side of that smilies box on the right, or just click around there until you hit gold!

Bottom line - I'll fix this problem soon.

My1MsSteak
10-07-2004, 05:17 PM
:happy:

THANKS DAVE!

:tomato: :guitarist :banana:

YOUR THE BEST!

Rock Image
10-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Sorry to have been such a nag!!!

3am forum cruising will be a lot easier

these camera shot peepers.

Thanks Dave.

Reinie67
10-07-2004, 07:00 PM
OH BILL!!! In your view, YELLOW probably looks great... but on a light background.... IT SUCKS!

Ahhh, much better now. Ok.. let me change my background so I don't get so darned dizzy!

OK, much better now!

Chip
10-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow! "blue pearl" is SOOOOO easy on the eyes...... thanks..... :)

Rock Image
10-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up... NO YELLER!!

Terr
10-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Hardwired is very cool toooo

bassangel69
10-14-2004, 05:19 AM
i still can't figure out this!!!!!:confused: :CRYING:

tara

The Rockin' Donkey
10-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm liking this Blue Pearl design.

Terr
01-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Bumpin' This Up For The New Folks An' Others Who May Have Missed It.

res-q-me
05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
he he i like the tomato... :tomato:

Terr
05-11-2005, 06:48 AM
FYI- Anyone who isn't usin' this coool feature yet...go to UserCP (upper left)/then Edit Options--scroll down thru yer Options, fillin' in the blanks, & when ya get to the bottom you'll see Forum Skin.

Go with Evil...."Good is good, but BAD is better now"

I'm sure hopin' for Bad, Bad Girls in SoCal. :p The song I mean. ;)

Terr
11-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Bumpola.

Still hopin' for Bad Bad Girls!!! :p

Terr
01-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Bumpola. Everyone usin' the EVIL setting?

Still hopin' for Bad, Bad Girls in SoCal! :banana:

arcadeguy
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
there a few new ones:
tren_z skin http://www.extremepixels.com/screen_shots/tren_z_index.jpg surge http://www.extremepixels.com/screen_shots/surge.gif
scarlet http://www.extremepixels.com/vb/scarlet/scarlet_shot.gif disturbed http://www.extremepixels.com/screen_shots/disturbed.gif iskin black http://www.extremepixels.com/screen_shots/iskin_black.gif

Check them out at: http://www.extremepixels.com/skins_vb.php

Dave Meniketti
02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I've always liked these skins but some of these skins, when selected, can slow down the speed of the forum for the user because of all the little bits of graphic elements that are installed. That's why I prefer a simpler approach which a few others have used. If anyone wants to come up with, design or let me know of a place that has some alternative color schemes or skins I'll be happy to install them for all to use.

arcadeguy
02-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the input Dave. I have used some of these skins also and find some options dissapeared when you used them. if you didnt set the Default style within the new skin as the origanal default style any modification you made, IE the Photo gallery link, wouldnt show up without a new hack. To much work!

the speed of the foums was an issue also. With all your threads I would imagine it has a large load now and added styles would only make it worse.

What i have found is changing the colors in the default style easier to deal with.

RUSHHEAD666
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey!!!
I was experimenting with the Forum skins and I am stuck on Hardwired!!!

Any suggestions on what I should do??

I want EVIL instead and I cant' get it now!!!!

arcadeguy
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Change it back to:

-- Default Style

Hey!!!

RUSHHEAD666
02-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the tip Arcadeguy but no such luck.
I am on my home computer now and everything is fine now.
If I go back down to my office will my computer down there still be stuck on hardwired??
I tried to go back to default and still nothing changed.

RockHard
02-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the input Dave. I have used some of these skins also and find some options dissapeared when you used them. if you didnt set the Default style within the new skin as the origanal default style any modification you made, IE the Photo gallery link, wouldnt show up without a new hack. To much work!

the speed of the foums was an issue also. With all your threads I would imagine it has a large load now and added styles would only make it worse.

What i have found is changing the colors in the default style easier to deal with.
Well, that explains that... When I first signed up, I changed my skin to 'Hardwired' because the default's background is way too bright for me...

Since then, none of the buttons worked (Insert link, Insert image, etc.). I've been manually adding the codes to all my posts to add images, links, even paragraph breaks! Hence this thread... http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=10711

I should have thought of this... I'm an idiot! Good call, arcadeguy!:D Everything works with the default... Just out of curiosity, you mentioned changing the color of the default skin... Could you tell me where that option is... The bright background is killing me!

arcadeguy
02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, that explains that... When I first signed up, I changed my skin to 'Hardwired' because the default's background is way too bright for me...
Since then, none of the buttons worked (Insert link, Insert image, etc.). I've been manually adding the codes to all my posts to add images, links, even paragraph breaks! Hence this thread... http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=10711

yuppers thats the issue and i think it might be unknown to the admins.
[!PING Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr]
When you change the default style you change the navbar to the new skin and hence if it wasnt changed to show the PHOTO GALLERY link. it wont show. Its pretty easy to hack into the code and add the link but to hack all the skins would be a pain in the @ss.

I should have thought of this... I'm an idiot! Good call, arcadeguy!:D Everything works with the default...
;)

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned changing the color of the default skin... Could you tell me where that option is... The bright background is killing me!
Thats an admin option only changeable by Dave, Jeff or Dave's wife. Heres an example http://wsetrojans.com/forum/ of what they can do. Everything is the same but the colors can softened or lightened.

Any other questions? Just Ask!!!!!!!
:D

RockHard
02-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Any other questions? Just Ask!!!!!!!:D

Nope, that covers it for now... I appreciate the help... I actually found one that isn't too bad (vBulletin 3 - Evil)... It's pretty dark and neutral so it's not too hard on the eyes... I had the same problem at work... I actually work at a computer all day long (I'm a telco engineer) and take online classes at night and then check out the threads, of course...

I've had some real eye strain trouble the last year or so and what I suspect is the beginnings of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome! (14-15 hours a day on a computer will do that to you, I guess!)

Anyway, thanks again for the info...
Have a good one (or two...)

DrUmM@sT3r
02-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey!!!

I am stuck also hardwired, whats the fix to get to another skin or back to default?

ty
Mark

arcadeguy
02-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Go to the bottom left of the screen.
Click on the down arrow where it says: Hardwired
Then scroll down to:
--Default Style
:D

I am stuck also hardwired, whats the fix to get to another skin or back to default?

ty
Mark

Terr
10-28-2008, 04:26 PM
FYI- Anyone who isn't usin' this coool feature yet...go to UserCP (upper left)/then Edit Options--scroll down thru yer Options, fillin' in the blanks, & when ya get to the bottom you'll see Forum Skin.

Then choose the vBulletin 3 Evil option! Then you be ROCKIN'! :rocker2: