PDA

View Full Version : Deleting a thread

Delirious Nomad
08-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I see that I can delete a post, but I am not able to delete a thread that I have started.
Will it be possible to delete my thread?
:bigeyes:

admin
08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, we just turned that feature on a few minutes ago. We also made it possible for a user to close the thread that they started.

RaiderHog
08-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Yes, we just turned that feature on a few minutes ago. We also made it possible for a user to close the thread that they started.

wow! this new fangled stuff realy is kewl hu dave! you can do all that! man!!

PiranhaGirl
08-25-2004, 04:08 AM

Yippee!!! Now maybe Donk will shut up!!!!! :D

Garth Simpson4
08-25-2004, 08:20 AM
FYI, we've had that 'exercised option' for a long while, it's not a new thing...-G-.

PiranhaGirl
08-25-2004, 10:13 AM
FYI, we've had that 'exercised option' for a long while, it's not a new thing...-G-.Yes, Garth, you could delete your threads on the OLD Forum, but on this new forum you could only delete your posts, NOT the entire thread. (even if you had started it)

And we previously didn't have the option to LOCK/CLOSE a thread that we started on the old forum either..... so yes, this is new!

BTW..THANKS DAVE!

No Regrets
08-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey Garth,

Maybe now your threads wont disappear eh?? ;) I think you also have
to put a reason you are deleting. I think maybe the option of closing
threads will stop some of the ones that get outta hand. I hate when whole
threads disappear that had some good info in them just cuz someone started to go off...

Nancy

Dave Meniketti
08-25-2004, 11:38 AM
You can delete a message or thread with 2 options. You delete it & leave a message why you did so & it shows on the site - or you click "Physically Remove Message" which will remove it completely with no trace.

And of course you can close a thread, which is much better in many cases for the reason you mentioned Nancy. In fact someone removed a tech question thread after he figured it out but the thread had some good info in it for others to see. So in that case it would have been better to leave it there. That's certainly the norm in tech forums. This gives others that may have the same or similar question the opportunity to read that thread & see if there is an answer in it for them first before posting.