PDA

View Full Version : Would it help if we logged in during our visits?

Stargazer
05-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Hi,

Was reading a post about the 'state of the forum". About how forum attendance could be interpreted as growing more inconsistant (due to other forms of social expression/medias being a more popular places to play). The tread seemed to imply that continuing the forum section of the Y&T website was being assessed.

The post I refer to was started by Dave himself, and it seemed like he was really putting it out there - his commitment to start coming and visiting here more often (now that some of the overwhelm of the last several months has come to a more manageable pace/place), and that he was putting out his invitation to us forum members to dig in an play more/participate when we can to keep breathing life into this forum.

To the point of all this rambling... Would it help for Dave and Rowdy to see just how many people are still interested and on this board? Would it help for us to take the extra minute to log in each time we visit here? Rowdy... does it help move the number ticker up when we have logged on? Or is the opposite true - if we are not logged in, and we read specific threads, the 'views' numbers don't go up...? So if we are not logged on, and we read postings, they are not counted as viewed? If this is the case, i can see how it would appear that many fewer people are here, than really are here.... (wow, i wrote those few sentences and had to read it three times to see if it was what i was trying to say!!!!Argh!) (A little Abbot and Castello please..."who's on first"....aswhh shoot most of ya are too young to remember that anyway, you lucky kids=).

..Example... I visit here several times a day, I dont log in and no real posting to speak of, but lots of reading all posts....mostly all the topics are good and keep my brain from becoming mush. There are many incredible people and opinions here... its amazing.. and the jokes are pretty good too.... and some times I find out about news worthy events before i even get the daily news anyway......So finally to the question ............would logging in make any kind of difference in the 'views' numbers ?

Would it show how important this board is to us fans (even though we may be more shy to post than others) and we need this forum to stay up on the goings on of our favorite band by far....?

Signed, curious and trying to see how to get attendance numbers to prove this truly is a viable resource for its members. And to show Dave his offer to visit more often and ask us to give a little more too doesn't go unnoticed.

Heck we are already digging the Ask.John section, and Y&T questions deal too. Keep up the good work Rowdy, youre rocking it for sure!

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
05-26-2011, 07:49 PM
I always log in, even when I'm just here to read and moderate... just something in the back of my head says, LOG IN. It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

If you can remember to do so, please do. I love to see lots of registered users checking out the threads. (I'm such a style freak. LOL. NOT!) :lmao:

Thank you for the nice comment... and enjoy!

MAC
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Logged in! and will do so each time, thanks so much for your work on this site.

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Logged in! and will do so each time, thanks so much for your work on this site.

Thank YOU! :00000003:

EDWARD-
06-19-2011, 01:57 PM
About 1/2 of the time, I just stop by the forum without logging on.... but I will try to log on everytime even if I don't post, if it helps.

DigiGod10
06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
About 1/2 of the time, I just stop by the forum without logging on.... but I will try to log on everytime even if I don't post, if it helps.

I do this too. Ill log in from now on. Love this forum and want it to stay around.