PDA

View Full Version : Update Oct 3rd- Phil Kennemore "I still have my hair"

Phil Kennemore
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi guys,

I am Phil's Ghost Writer today. As you all know Phil hates typing. Even though he lost his voice he thought it would be easier to have someone type it for him because he also has low energy.

He said, " I want everyone to know I am still reading all the threads and comments, and I still get off on all of them for what they are. Some are funny, some inspirational; but they all mean a lot to me.
I told myself I would not respond to any one particular post, because then I would have to respond to them all. But allow me to share this with all of you.

Today, I sold a guitar that is not currently being used.
I made a donation now.
I hope this donation help Phil.
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz310/Kazuhiko_Ito/SN3D0029-1.jpg
When I read this post it brought so much emotion, tears, and happiness to me. I can not find all of the words to express what this act meant to me. When I think about this humble, honest man, in a Phil Kennemore shirt, who dug out his guitar from where ever it was, and sold it to benefit me; I think of the act of a very humble man. This picture represents the good in people all around the world.
I am going to print this picture, frame it, and hang it on my wall. I never want to forget what Furukuma did. I hope that all of us have the chance to be a Furukuma for somebody else.

On another less emotional note... earlier I told all of you that I was going to begin chemo five days a week, for three weeks- actually it is once every three weeks for three months. This chemo thing is all one big roller coaster ride- on one hand it makes you feel better, and on the other hand it makes you feel worse than I could have possibly imagined.

Now I am going to turn this over to my super, fantabulous, couldn't do it without her, nurse... my wife Hanna-

I want everyone to know that I have been putting all the cards and pictures that you all send on the wall where Phil can see them everyday. When Phil goes through the most difficult parts of cancer, I show him all the pictures, notes, cards, and gifts that you send to him, and tell him all these people are rooting for you, and we all know that if anyone can fight this through, it is you. So thanks for all of your support to keep his faith, and keep him going.

.... Hopefully we will get back to all of you with more info, and pictures.
Thanks, and Love You All,
HANNA

"Phil here again... I was talking about my super nurse Hanna... I want everyone to know that on our 27th Wedding Anniversary which was the 29th of July, Hanna has not left my side for a minute- that was the day that I checked in to the hospital. The first twenty days, Hanna slept in different combination of chairs right next to my hospital bed, and she only left my side twice, only to get a change of clothes, but she was by my side every night... now since that time we have taken over the couches in the living room where things are much more comfortable and accessible, but the main thing I want you to know is... I have become so grateful to Hanna, and I do not know how I could even get through this without someone like Hanna by my side. When I mentioned the wedding anniversary part, some might find it sad, but I find it perfect because of the vows about "in sickness and health" I love Hanna so much. I can't imagine going through this without the attention that she gives me.

Gonna close out now... getting very tired, thanks for all the goodness, gonna sent it right back to you now.

Love,
Phil

Mustang Girl
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes, I agree about furukuma. What a guy and I hope goodness returns to him in his life too.

I wish strength to you and Hanna and congratulations on your anniversary! Our 5th anniversay is next Saturday (October 9th) and I am so happy to hear of your enduring love story of 27 years!

:lovies3d:

Kristin

Stereo Steve
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for sharing that wonderful generous gift as well as an update on your progress. A lot of people are still praying for you Phil. And glad to hear you still have your hair. Take care, keep the faith.
Sincerely,
Steve

And 27 years? What a trip. My wife and I celebrated our 27th anniversary two days ago. Too Cool...

toyhouse
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, that is good news on the hair but hearing of the struggles is a bit rough to be honest. Thought about you much today. The family listened to entire new album coming home and the kids were often shouting along with the choruses. You would've loved hearing/seeing that I bet?
And yes, nothing more important than family - wherever you find them. A blessing to have them by your side when you really need them.
Please hurry and kick this thing. We need to see you playing these songs again.
Take care. You're in our thoughts often.

Jim P.

EDWARD-
10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Please stay strong Phil.

There are so many of us who want to see you better soon.

Thanks for the update....

pbr43
10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Keep fighting the good fight Phil & Hanna!

Glad to hear you still have your hair Phil:fro:!

CaboKat
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Ah Phil! That post just brought tears to my eyes! So glad that you have Hanna there! It really does make all the difference!

So glad you checked in with us.. I was wondering how you were doing.

Yep, that chemo is a bitch, alright! Keep fighting that good fight.. and know that we are all continuing to think positive thoughts & sending prayers your way!

Much love to you & Hanna.. :lovies3d:
-Kat

ItalianStallion
10-03-2010, 09:54 PM
When I read this post it brought so much emotion, tears, and happiness to me.

The above quote sums it up for me. That just lifts me up. Furukama's generosity came, "like a song, on a wave, from across the sea."

thescoobydude
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Phil,
It's so good to hear that you are doing OK. Hang in there and keep the faith. You've got alot of good people out here prayin' for ya and sending good vibes your way. God Bless you and Hanna. :wavey:

Terr
10-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Good to hear from you, Phil. Hang tough, amigo! Lots more prayers being said & good vibes going your way & wishes for a swift & thorough recovery.

StruckDown Forever
10-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Great to hear from you Phil. Hang in there brother, it'll be over soon.
Then you can start breakin' in that new hip. :p

Michael :Emotesnoopy:

mightyproudeagle
10-04-2010, 04:55 AM
phil read your," i still have hair" and i am glad you still do(pun intended) and that alot of people are caring very deeply for you.some of us don't have very much to give, like me, but i am working on alittle something for you.don't want to interject with a rival group but its not what you got........."its what you give".....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwHuCC6nP8 take care and hope to see you back with Y&T real soon!hang in there........i lost my father to brain and lung cancer.

~mpe~

bassangel69
10-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks so much for the update. You both are in my heart and thoughts daily.
From a professional and personal standpoint i know that chemotherapy is brutal, but I know that this fight can be won...and YOU WILL WIN IT!

I love you two so much...will be praying for you always.

Tara

Cabdriver
10-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi Phil,

I am glad to log on on a Monday morning and see an inspirational message from you guys! Grateful for the update, your state of mind seems great, and Hanna is your guardian angel in the flesh right now. You are truly lucky, despite your current condition.

I have surrounded my desk at work and especially at home with framed 8x10 photos of you, you and me, and the other members of the band over the years.......the support is a mutual thing. I think of you many times a day and truly hope for your quick and total recovery.

All the love and best wishes possible being sent your way.

Joe

Towlie66
10-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I echoe 'Cab-Drivers' sentiments where reading this is a wonderful way to start a Monday morning. I'm so thrilled, firstly, that you are going along this needed path and working towards you're ultimate goal(s). Knowing Hanna is by your side like she is makes us all feel really good, and the featured act by a fan is "so very admirable, sweet and thoughtful." I couldn't agree more Phil that hopefully I can be like him someday to someone else. When we all get right down to it this is what life is all about.

Keep up the fight Phil ! We're all thinking of you.:EmoteHeadbang:

Coney
10-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Many thanks for the update, heartfelt sentiment & your candor. Your glass 1/2 full attitude, levity & indominable spirit is most admirable & and example to us all.

So elated to read about the outpouring of generousity & love for you Phil. Truly, it's no less than you deserve & the measure of a man who's given so selflessly to so many.

Hanah is an angel, and I'm so glad she's provided such solace & support.

Hang in there & know you have the powerful & voluminious global Y&T forum family by your side through every step. ;)

CPD5150
10-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Phil, you are one strong man! Good to hear from you, and keep fighting! Can't wait to see you back on the stage where you belong!

-Chris

Jimmy CX
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Now that's what I call Love! Like the the Song Sez! "

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love
All you need is love

Wishing you all the best Phil, Hanna & Family

Model_600
10-04-2010, 09:09 AM
So glad you posted an update for all of us, thank you.
I can only imagine what you and Hanna are enduring. Hanna is your Angel gift from the Lord. You are so very fortunate to have Hanna as your wife and life partner..and congratulations on 27 years of love, life, laughter...many many more to come God willing!
Continue praying and fighting against this enemy...stay strong in faith and love...you both have an enormous army of family, friends and fans standing beside you....if not in person.... in spirit, heart and soul.
I wish I could do something more for you and your family...it can be such a helpless feeling from a distance sometimes...cards and money don't even seem like enough...it tends to feel so impersonal. I convey to you all my love and empathy daily...I hope you know that...yet...it hardly seems sufficiently significant enough....*for me personally* and in my humble opinion..
I hope that in your days together, facing this difficult part of your journey, You and Hanna and your Son will have beautiful bright moments in your days, reminiscing with smiling faces and laughter of your lives together so far, and have faith and believe there are many memories yet to be made and shared.
I love you Phil and Hanna
Val

ian
10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
i will not cry at work,
i will not cry at work,
i will not cry at work,

cheers and wishing you a million "get well soon" messages!

Ian

ps...I still have hair!~ ok, its on my back,arse and ears but I hear thats normal as men get older!

stitch626
10-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Phil and Hanna-
Thank you for sharing that inspiring story. We're so sorry to hear of what your family has been going through. The last time we saw each other, Z was only a year old and Phil wanted to pour a drop of water on her head to see how she'd react. Still makes me smile when I picture it. Need to get together so she can get revenge. :) A strong mental attitude does more than you know and Phil sounds good. We're praying Phil will get better soon. Love you both.
Valsa, Jeff, & Zahra

ian
10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Now that's what I call Love! Like the the Song Sez! "

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love
All you need is love

Wishing you all the best Phil, Hanna & Family

i like this...well done James!

everybody...

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE....

Bestie
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks Phil for the up date. Thinking of you every day. Stay strong !

wimjunior
10-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Phil,
Good to hear from you again.
Stay strong.

METLHEDD
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Thats what friends do man. Behind every good man is a wooman's love & her foot kickin him in the ass when he needs it! Good to hear about the hair but I'm ready to shave my head, we are still who we are without it, so Fight Fight Fight cause we Believe In You and will get Down & Dirty again come Mystic time! FOREVER!

METL

ed cope
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update Phil weve been wondering how things were going, so glad to hear from you bro & god bless your fantastic nurse sounds like she is takeig exellent care of you bro keep on figitin the fight stay stong Peace Ed & Chula Yoli

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
WE LOVE YOU, PHIL!!!! Keep fighting like a champ!!!

-Jeff, Danielle and Family!

The Garage Sale Man
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Phil keep on keepin on !!! you are in our thoughts !! your a lucky man to have Hanna watching over you :rainbow_1: GSM

Lauretta
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Hello my Darlings! I know I can pick up the phone, and will soon, but I wanted to tell everyone here how strong and romantic your marriage is. Yes, Phil, you picked the right gal and Hanna, my dear, Phil is your LIFE like you told me.

Every once in a while when I'm digging through photos or looking for Y & T stuff for this raffle or that interview I will come across copies of your wedding photos. People, that was the best time. A couple shots always make me smile. All the girls, about 18 of us piled into the bathtub in your suite, then all the guys having their turn. A few other shots have (I think it's Danny P), flying in the air as things got rowdy and the wedding party took turns jumping off the beds.

It doesn't seem like 27 years ago but it was and now these two extremely wonderful people are taking their wedding vows literally and going through Hell...together....as husbands and wives are supposed to do.

Like Hanna said, keep those cards, letters and photos coming, as well as your prayers and good <<<<VIBES>>>>. Always, my Darlings, Lauretta and Karl

Damone68
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Glad to hear you're kicking this things ass. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Jonnie
10-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Dear Phil, thanks for the update! Your messages are always a pleasure to read, because your way of writing is so honest and comes straight from the heart. I have been thinking constantly on how you are doing, and it was nice to get an answer. You must be going through some really painful and tough times, but try to remember that one day you will be able to think back and smile to all of this, when you are healthy and kicking ass on stage again. All of us are looking forward to that beautiful day so much! We miss you. Lots of love from Finland.

stthrobber
10-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the update both.

Phil, I'm glad you still have your hair, mine fell out years ago and for no bloody reason.

Only you know how wretched chemo is making you feel, but you are facing this illness very bravely and with great humility, and I, like all other Y&T fans are rooting for you so that when Y&T comes back to Cardiff next year like Dave promised, you will be standing to his left like you have done for the last 35 years.

For some reason to shout "fuck you Brad" didn't seem appropriate, so we'll look forward to that next year.

pmsbull
10-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Hey Phil, just sending you loads of love and good vibes from Newcastle where the fans are gearing up for another monster Y&T show - only way this night could be beter is if you were there to share it with us - we will all be thinking about you :ylsuper:

y-mats
10-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Phil, thank you for the update, it's always great to hear from you!

furukuma is actually the one who called the Japanese fans for messages and cards through various channels and put them all together to send to you. I guess you should come to Japan to meet him in person, after kicking the cancer shit. We'll wait for the one day you'll return!

Sending {{{good vibes}}} from 2 hours after Midnight in Tokyo.

bulldozer
10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the update ....

sending love and faith from Germany to you both.

Martin

AdamR
10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Y&T were my first rock band - I bought Mean Streak the day it came out - and Y&T have always been one of my favourite ever bands. Through it all, your music has been there in my low points in life.

Kick ass Phil - all our prayers from rainy, dismal South Wales....

And next time you play the Globe in Cardiff, I promise I won't corner you for a photo as I did to Dave ;-)

smithy 2004
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Kool story there phil.were thinking about ya constantly man.im helping jill on some off the uk shows on the merch n just missing your cheeky smile n humour bigtime.im praying like hell your gonna get yer glencarse up on that stage again.all the best to the family.take care bigman.cheers n beers.wee jimmy.

summertimegirl23
10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I wish I could collect all of the good times, happy thoughts, memorable memories, and positive energy that your music has brought me over the past 25+ years, and hand this overflowing cup of good cheer to you and your wife Hannah.

Cheers!

Keep on fighting the good fight. Be strong, and hang in there.

dustysdaddy
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey dude, I've been listening to and following you guys since back in the nights of rubbing shoulders at the Alpen Glow in Hayward! Saw ya'll a few years back at The Roadhouse in Sacramento. Keep the faith Phil, I believe you will beat this monster!

Livermore Y&T Fan
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Phil,

It's so great to hear your updates and know that you are fighting this battle with grace, dignity, and stregnth. Your updates inspire me to be a better person. The act of Furukuma is selfless and noble;truly inspirational!
I am praying for you every day to kick this thing is the ass Phil!!! And your wife Hanna is an ispiration too!
You are lucky to have her as I am lucky to have my wife. As they say, "behind every good man is a good woman!" God bless you and Hanna!

All the best,

Mario.

MorraMatic
10-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Phil,

I haven't posted a reply yet conceirning (is that spelled O.K.?) Your illness simply because I did not know what to say. I knew You were having problems with Your back; but finding out that You have cancer really blew me away. Knowing this, I appreciate Your presence at Bibelot at Dordrecht, Holland 2010 even more. A couple of months ago, when I found out R.J.D. had cancer, I had a tattoo of Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell put up my shoulder. Sadly he passed away (a big loss to all of us). Let it be known I/we can't afford to loose anymore of these great musicians!!!:tsk:
I realize I won't be seeing You in The Pul at Uden, Holland. Still will be supporting Y&T of course but it just won't be the same without You.... no matter who (and how good a job he is doing) is temporarely filling Your shoes.....
I wish You all the best and a speedy, but foremost total recovery (remember, better late than never) and I expect to see You next year so we can all scream "Squeeze" with You!!!:aargh:

Greatings,
Richard

P.s. I think hair is badly overraited. Ever since I've got my hair to grow:party06: I keep on getting remarks from my wife about it looking better when it was short!:slayer_smile: Hey, I'm in a hard-rock band; what do You expect?:kopfpatsch:

Moe418
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you Hanna for being Phil's rock.

Furukuma... you are one hell of a good man!

Phil, keep rockin bud! You are way stronger than this cancer! See you on stage soon!!

Ratt Trader
10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Phil - I have read each and every word in the threads you have started concerning the butt kickin' you are giving this cancer, and all I can say is "wow". It's very fitting that such a great guy would have so many great fans wishing him well and helping him thru this battle. You WILL beat this and be BACK on the stage with Dave and the guys. And should the hair fall out, I think you could rock the bald look quite well.

jonathon.
10-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Missing ya Phil.

Always thinking of you.

As you know, your getting a great cheer every night at the shows.

Your greatly missed.

sussman
10-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Phil, thank you for checking in and sharing your story. It's very inspiring to know that there are good people out there that care. And if it's possible, I think I adore Hanna even more now... :):)

Love you both!

Sheryl

nsw
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
hang tough buddy...
your still my hero.

stargazer say's
your in this fight to win....:00000003: :1273:

Chip
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Phil - your courage and integrity are inspiring!

You are blessed for having a woman that loves you so..

Can't wait to shake your hand again....

Thank you for your inspiration.....

Hang tough, bro.

:00000003:

MAC
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Phil,
Thanks for the update...I am glad that your angel is taking such good care of you! I shaved the toilet seat again this weekend, i'm afraid that one morning i'm gonna wake up with my rogue old man eyebrow hairs all tangled up with my nose hairs and soul patch. What a revoltin development that'll be. Take good care pal!

DrUmM@sT3r
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Phil, great to hear from you (and your hair) ;) Sandy and I think of you often and keep you in our prayers. Better days ahead my friend. That Furukuma is sure a wonderful guy - my God bless him for his good deed......

Gotta tell ya a quick Hanna story, at one of the SoCal gigs I told her at the merch booth that I was wearin' your shirt while riding my chopper and that our retired DA (District Attorney) was named Phil. I told her I thought the cops would hassle me and she says "You tell them your cousin is Phil and he pissed you off!" lol then she hesitated and said "Unless the officer's name is Phil?" both our eyes got big and we started laughing.... :D

Now she hasn't left your side - that in my book makes her a really special wife and person - Kudos to you Hanna :)

I hope your days are good Phil and I will be sending some things your way here shortly - probably to the business address....

Take 1 day at a time :00000003:
Mark

No Regrets
10-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Thank you , Thank you Phil and Hanna for the great update! One of my favorite memories from a Y&T show was at the first Feather Falls show in 2008. I spent quite a bit of time with Hanna sitting outside the venue on some stools by the slots hearing the story of how her and Phil met and got together. Hanna was just glowing and so animated as only she can be, while she told the story. :) It was so obvious the love they share is quite special and still so strong many years later. Congrats to both of you on 27 years! Just knowing Phil has such a loving partner by his side while he goes through this is very comforting for us fans. Lots of love and strength going out to both of you! Nancy

mallias
10-05-2010, 11:24 PM
chuck here, phil i just saw u guys play at btixtons in redondo bch in may, i flew from boston for the week end it was like a private party thats twice i saw u guys play there anyway,, stay strong mentally think positive!!!!! JUST ASK US WHAT U WANT US TO DO for you,,, well take care just got in from working 12 hrs ....:EmoteHeadbang::00000003::musik026::party35::y lsuper::beer::rocker2::rimshot::guitarist:slayer_s mile::party06:its going on 5 am est time im beat going to zzzzz now stay strong and we are waiting to see u COMING HOME BY PHIL chuck ,,,,

Ratman
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Again: All the best wishes to you Phil. Stay strong and fight! I know you will win and come back on stage.

To be honest, I had tears in my eyes when I read about you and Hanna. I really know how crucial it is to have a strong partner and a loving wife at your side. My wife and me have 27th wedding anniversary next year in august.

All the best wishes and hugs from Germany, hope to see you and the guys on stage soon!!

lisa7257
10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Hello Phil,
We are so happy, and relieved that you are doing well!!! We have been thinking of you daily, and our prayers continue to flow to you, and your family. You are so blessed to have Hanna, for she truly loves you through the good, the bad, and unconditionally. We feel that you are lucky to have been blessed with Hanna, and for 27 years, she is your angel! We listen to your CD's so often, and we picture you up on the stage, playing that bass with all your heart, and soul! Keep on fighting, and try to stay positive over the chemo. We know it is tough, as we have watched others go through it. We wait, ever so patiently for your return Mr. Kennemore, and we will write again soon!
We love you,
Lisa, and Wade :sign61::banana:
P.S. I wanted to share with you that I recently had a dream that Wade, and I were at one of your shows. You walked up to us, looking extremely healthy, with that beautiful smile, and told us how relieved you were to now be CANCER free! I believe dreams are a look into the future, so stay strong!

lisa7257
10-06-2010, 12:19 AM
This is for you Hanna,
You are a wonderful woman, who has so much compassion, admiration, and love for Phil!!! Thank you for taking such good care of him, for standing by his side, and for cheering him on! We very much appreciate your heartfelt words in the latest up date regarding Phil. We can't wait for your return to the merchandise booth so that we can say hello, and give you the hugs you so deserve! If you need anything at all, we are always here!
We love, and pray for you too,
Lisa, and Wade :lovies3d::lovies3d:

lisa7257
10-06-2010, 12:30 AM
We feel that Furukuma is a hero! Many blessings to him, and may kharma be bestowed upon this wonderful human being! What a beautiful man, who thinks not of himself, but others!
Lisa, and Wade :clap2:

HAD
10-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Stay strong man. Lots of love and prayers from your friends in Norway. Me and Bjørn Erik is (as usual) going over for the London gig and we will MISS you alot... I know you will beat this illness and get back on track. Good thing you have your family and friends behind you. All the best. Hans Andre

Trace
10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Very very touching words from you Phil, and Furukuma , wow what a wonderful thing to do.

i am reading this at work, trying not to cry!

anyway, Daz and I say Kick that Cancer ass Phil, and we will see you on the road soon.

Trace

Gothika666
10-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Hey Phil and Hanna!!

Im glad you still have your hair!! I went to the Cardiff gig last week and had no idea of this devastaing news till nosing round the forum today!
Ive nursed many with cancer and can understand many of the ups and downs you both face and for your families also. But I can say due to the fantastic research and treatments,many are now in remission and living lives back full again if not making the most of being free....

I wish you both to be strong Cariads...keep fighting and hopefully will look forward to seeing you on the next tour of WALES!!! xx :icon_moto::icon_moto:
Take care Beauts x

Lorraine
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
It's great to hear how you are going Phil. I know that this journey has many highs and lows but stay strong. Our love and support is there for you and of course the amazing Hanna. Love and hugs as always xxx

Rocking Raider
10-06-2010, 05:50 PM
OK, I am late getting to the forum to send you, Phil my best hopes and wishes for a speedy recovery! I meant to about a month ago and there were a couple reminder signs such as one of the guys on "That Metal Show" was wearing a Phil t-shirt and another with the Y&T shirt on! And a couple days later I was riding in my buddy's truck in which he has Sirrus radio when Y&T's "Don't Stop Runnin" came on and I cranked it until near the end when I explained to my buddy who this was (which he knows of because whenever talking about favorite bands I always mention Van Halen, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Aerosmith and Y&T! And that is in no preferential order - I love all you guys!!!) but I also shared with him the recent news you shared in the Y&T Newsletter - and then the DJ on that Sirrus station came on and repeated what I just said plus asking everyone to send their best to you! I thought it was the greatest that they played Y&T and then to make mention of your current plight with sending you best wishes! Still all those reminder signs and still I did not get here to the Forum until now! Sorry :sor_1_: Phil I am a terrible procrastinator! :EmoteHeadbang:

Well in addition to wishing I got here sooner, I also wish I had something to donate, or like the wonderful example of Furukuma and had something to sell and donate the proceeds but I really don't. I am unemployed and have a disAbility and barely make it month to month - but I am not complaining cause at least I am making it! And hopefully soon my filmmaking career that is dedicated to providing an authentic voice and vision of paraplegics like myself in non-stereotypical images and characters will start paying me something!

But I did want to send you my best wishes, hope and love brotherman and say that although I do not know first hand what it is like to go through having cancer or the chemo treatments, but I know what it is like to lose some of your independence and deal with a significant health issues, and I know that a strong man, a strong person such as yourself, and with the strong support of those you love like your wonderful wife, Hanna - you are destined to not let this trial have any hold on you but rather you will have a complete hold over it! There are and will be many tough moments and some that do not seem to end but they will and you will have the peace of mind that you have successfully beaten it and will be a stronger person that you already are! All trials and challenges show us how strong we are and the stronger the challenge the stronger we find out we are! As a paraplegic person and a filmmaker trying to get some fair representation in movies and television - I hear from people all the time saying they do not know How I do it or how I keep going and that they don't think they could do it - but I nearly always smile and tell them they have no idea how strong they are until the challenge it brought to them and that I know they would rise above and take charge of the trial! Just as I know you are and will continue to do, Phil. Stay true to yourself, to your spirit, your strength, your faith, your family and you will be the victor over this trial, all of its many daily challenges and all future challenges! :rainbow_1:

Alright I know I once again rambled on a bit more than I maybe should have but before I go I did want to mention that the signature picture below I made was modified from the 8x10 that I got from you and the Y&T boys on April 1, 2006 which I am sure you don't remember but I will never forget because speaking of anniversaries as you did about your wedding anniversary - this one happened on the anniversary of my paralyzing accident on April 1, 1995 and it was so great to finally get to see Y&T for the first time! Now I have a great memory of April 1st which was a great night in 2006 in Salt Lake City at Club Vegas in which the club manager went out of his way to make sure I could get in and got a ramp so I could get up on one of the platforms that held some structural support poles that while in my wheelchair I could see above all the people standing in the club :drinkingbuddies: and I had a great view of the stage and one of my favorite all time bands Y&T! Then after the show you guys mentioned you didn't have another gig the next night so you would stuck around and sign autographs! My only regret that night was I forgot my camera out in the car :EmoteHeadbang: but getting the picture, the autographs and talking to you and Dave was an incredibly cool event and all on April 1st! Thank you! And for the record, I have that 8x10 framed and hanging in my living room!

Take care and again all my best!
Larry

Rocking Raider
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Ok, so the sig was not showing up and because I mentioned it in my last post I added it here and then previewed it and saw it twice - so maybe the sig is now working!!

big80shair
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I pray that God will sustain you and your wife Hanna through all of this. I never realized what it's like to have cancer in your family until my Dad went through esophageal cancer. Keeping a positive outlook is very important and from the sounds of it...you're doing just that. As for the hair..well I have issues with mine and I decided to go get a hair system. Mine is due to heredity but I was unwilling to give up the long hair. All that matters though is that you recover. God bless you and your wife.
Sincerely,
Mandy

The Dude
10-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I will donate 3 days a week to you for nursing care all you have to do is ask i am here if you need me

the dude rn

beautiful dreamer
10-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Good to hear from you again. I hope the chemo does it's work well and you can rock on soon:party06:
Best wishes to you and Hanna. Stay strong, together!

Jolanda

tunesmith
10-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Hang in there Phil. Think happy thoughts. Bob Gardnerhttp://www.tunesmithsapprentice.com (tunesmithsapprentice@gmail.com)

RaiderHog
10-08-2010, 07:03 AM
good stuff dude! and yes theres NOTHING like having a good woman by your side! glad to hear you still have hair (i could use some more myself)
i must say dude! your fight gives new meaning to a great song "I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT" because as we ALL know! you WILL knock it out phil! and be back ON STAGE where you belong before you know it!
from now on every time i hear this song it will remind me of you (and others i know) who have had to fight to continue on with the show!
now lace up them gloves dude man!!

furukuma
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Dear Phil and Hanna,
I saw your post, I was very surprised and I could not find any proper words.
I’m not native English speaker, so I was very difficult to explain my thoughts. I could not post till now.
But I realized today. it is very simple. This is Love to you.

I listened Earthshaker when I was thirteen years old. This is my first hard rock. Y&T changed everything of my life. You told me what music is great. I made many valued friends who are Y&T fan. Till now, I’m still following you. I will follow you forever. I never change my thought. You gave me too many things via music. Therefore, I wanted to pray your health, happiness of your family, so I did it. This is not at all unusual.

Most great thing is this forum family and Y&T fan has same heart, so I’m very proud about this.

Congratulations for your 27th wedding anniversary!
You can get through chemotherapy! We are always behind you.

St@rgazer
10-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Dear Phil and Hanna,
I saw your post, I was very surprised and I could not find any proper words.
I’m not native English speaker, so I was very difficult to explain my thoughts. I could not post till now.
But I realized today. it is very simple. This is Love to you.

I listened Earthshaker when I was thirteen years old. This is my first hard rock. Y&T changed everything of my life. You told me what music is great. I made many valued friends who are Y&T fan. Till now, I’m still following you. I will follow you forever. I never change my thought. You gave me too many things via music. Therefore, I wanted to pray your health, happiness of your family, so I did it. This is not at all unusual.

Most great thing is this forum family and Y&T fan has same heart, so I’m very proud about this.

Congratulations for your 27th wedding anniversary!
You can get through chemotherapy! We are always behind you.

You are a humble man. It is beautiful that you were able to touch a fellow man in such a positive, and profound way. The world could use some more Furukuma's.

Keep up the good fight Phil!

woz
10-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Hey Phil !!
How you doing mate ? Just wanted to say how much we missed you in Newcastle last night ! The band were awesome ! You better be there next year or us Geordies might start taking it personally !!
KEEP A HAAD YOUNG 'UN !!! (that means "stay well and safe in Geordie language)
Cheers Phil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woz

giskard
10-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Me, the wife and our 2 friends will be thinking about you in Nottingham tonight Phil. Last time we saw you and the band it was also at Nottingham Rockcity and the performance you put on that day was the best live show we saw that year. And we saw a lot of great bands that year including the Scorpions.

Your own performance was large part of that and we will miss it tonight. No doubt about that.

I would like to share a story with you about Y&T fans in my area, such stories are good for you at times like this :)

Y&T never really got a fair crack of the whip in my home town (HULL UK), so most fans around here became Y&T fans due to word of mouth. For me this was the late 80s, Go for the throat time, Stars, you know the period.

As Europe and Bon Jovi got over played everywhere, me and my mates used to sit around tables at home listening to what we considered real rock whilst playing cards and drinking, prior to going out for a night of the same old glam, week in and week out.

When we got out, Y&T would often be the topic of conversation as "living on a nightmare" got played again and again. The very fact our DJs did not seem to know much about rock lead the rockers to exchange gossip with each other at the nights out and go to pubs with a well stocked Jukebox before going to the nightclub.

Y&Ts popularity grew by word of mouth amongst most of us because of this. I found out about Y&T that way. As more saw you guys live, the gossip increased until Y&T became the real rockers worst kept secret.

Word of mouth and not hype created your fan base in my area, everybody who saw you or heard your stuff loved it and friends introduced friends to your stuff and your popularity grew.

But to those who had no friends in to Y&T, never heard your stuff and never found out what they where missing. Usually the glam fans to be honest.

20 years later..... the old crowd does not see each other very often but me and my close friends still meet, still go to Y&T gigs and still enjoy them.

And when we get their, take a guess who we meet :)

Yup those old pub buddies from 20 years ago that used to share Y&T gossip with us. The one place they still go is to your Gigs, even though they are 20 years older and have kids of their own now.

You guys have become part of our culture, and when you are not there, we miss you.

So take care Phil, know there are more thinking about you than post online and that what you say, reaches them through those who lurk around here :)

All the best :)

Giskard

giskard
10-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Last nights gig was very good as usual, many of the fans gave you a cheer Phil when Dave played his song for you. Lots of people missed you mate.

RockUFOrever
10-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Glad to hear your still going strong and staying postive,Many prayers and Postive vibes for you.

Jennette
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
:1273::EmoteSun::1273::EmoteSun::1273::EmoteSun::D

wyoung
10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Phil, I thought I'd share this with you for a laugh. This story was relayed to me today by my wife. Anyway, my son who is in 2nd grade came home from school and told her he had had "the best day of his life". That is his new thing lately. Anyway he asked her what was the best day of her life and she gave him the programmed response of "the day you were born son" and "the day I married your dad". She said he had a puzzled look and then asked her " why does dad say the best day of his life is the day he met that guy that is in our digital picture frame in the living room. (yes, my photo with you is in our digital picture frame rotation). She replied "oh really, is that what dad says". As she told me, we both laughed and I admitted to her that I did say that to him one day because it was a huge honor and a thrill to meet you. I am eager for you to beat that cancer into submission so you can get back to doing what you do best. And I look forward to bringing my son to a Y&T concert and maybe he will get the chance to meet "that guy".

bassangel69
10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey sweetie, thought i would write you a quick note since i am feeling a little better. Concussions are a bitch!

I pray that you continue to get stronger and continue to fight this disease so that you can get back to the matters of your life.

Love and light go to you and Hanna I love you both so much. HUGS!!!!!

Tara

Bry
10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
What do you mean you've still got all your hair big guy?

I've just shaved all mine off in a mutual show of support...must say though, it was bloody embarrassing sitting in the hairdressers whilst the female haidresser waxed me bits whilst b**llock naked, though it gave the old gals something to see as they passed by the window in the high street....

Missed you at Newcastle, but the lads blew us away playing from the heart just for you...You'll soon get through Chemo m8.

Babe Magnet
10-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Hang in there Phil. Good to hear from you and your "nurse". We think about you often.

Phil Kennemore
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys --a lot of great post in here. I sure am missing everyone--and playing-especially
Newcastle. I am honored to be in rotation on your digital photo frame- and I to am looking forward to meeting your son. And Radier I like 'Gonna Knock You Out" as a theme song---good call. 'til the next time all my best to you.

Phil

ian
10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
PHIL PHIL PHIL!!!!!!

get away with your bad self!

Ian

FaceMelted2010
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys --a lot of great post in here. I sure am missing everyone--and playing-especially
Newcastle. I am honored to be in rotation on your digital photo frame- and I to am looking forward to meeting your son. And Radier I like 'Gonna Knock You Out" as a theme song---good call. 'til the next time all my best to you.

Phil

I too like Gonna Knock It Out as a theme song Phil... and I know you will knock it out!

Tyler T

CaboKat
10-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Phil

YAY! Phil posted! :)
Miss you Phil! Hope things are going well for you & that chemo isn't kicking your ass too badly!
You are always in my thoughts & prayers :)

-Kat

DrUmM@sT3r
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey Phil, Hope your having a good day :)

NastyNole1
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for checking in, Phil! Remember, bald is beautiful!:00000003:

We love you and are with you every step of the way-give 'em hell, ya old warhorse!!:slayer_smile:

bassangel69
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi there Phil,

I hope that you are having a great day, not too rough and that you are getting plenty of rest so you can come back stronger than ever. I am okay, dealing with some crap in my life but in the end I will be stronger for it. But enough about me.

I don't know if you are a Roxy Music/ Bryan Ferry fan, but he has a new album out and I thought I would share it with you. NPR is offering a free stream of the whole album until it's October 26th release.

here is the link: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=130571033&m=130551761

Listen to it and enjoy.

Thinking of you always. Love to both you and Hanna.

Tara

EDWARD-
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Hope you are continuing to do well....

Still thinking of you. Best wishes.

David James
10-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Hey Phil, I hope you have a speedy recovery and your back playing with the band soon!!!

MorraMatic
10-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi Phil,
Hope You're doing fine and the chemo does it's work. Wishing You all the strength You need to hang in there and overcome Your illness.
Last night I saw Y&T playing at the Pul in Uden, Holland. It was another great show, the boys really gave it all (You can be proud of them; this is also Your credit). But in all fairness, even though Brad did a great job standing in for You (looks like a cool guy too), You're presence is still deeply missed....
The only thing that could have made this gig even better would have been You being there.
Hope to see You next year, get well soon!!
Greetings,
Richard

fessie
10-28-2010, 11:35 AM
he Phill we think of you all the time and hope that you will be on stage to squeese all the fans again.

get well :1273::00000003:

Dreamer
10-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Phil,I hope you will have the strenght and the Rock'n'Roll God give you the Power to get through this hard time.I was happy to met you in Balingen Bang Your Head Germany.I am sure you're in mind at the Y&T Gig Berlin 31.10. HELLOWEEN and you can be sure we think of you Brotha.
Phil all the Best
Steffen(you remeber the Meanstreak Backpatch proud that you and Dave have signed this gem):1273::rainbow_1::thanx_1::musik026:

bassangel69
10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey Phil!

I just thought I would drop by and send you a quick little note reminding you that you are in my prayers.

I am going to give something to either Lauretta or Jill for you when I come to the Mystic in a few weeks. I hope that you like it.

take care sweetie and give my love to Hanna as well.

Hugs! tara

The Dude
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
it is now late in the month i was hoping for a update you are on my mind and we would all love to have a update hope your doing ok

MAC
10-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Hey Phil,
Just checking in and hoping that this finds you in good spirits! I am getting ready for handing out halloween goodies, the kids are in for a real treat this year.....chocolate covered brussel sprouts and freezer peas. Take good care!

The Garage Sale Man
10-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey Phil hope things are as good as they can be for you ...stay strong, we are all still thinking of you

GSM

stef burns
11-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey Phil,
I'm with you everyday.
I sent you a private message.
Love, Stef

CaboKat
11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Sending lots of positive thoughts & prayers your way, Phil!
I hope your treatment is going as smoothly as it can for you!

Hugs to you & Hanna..
-Kat

P.S. Seems Stef should have a better status than "Newbie" on this board, Jeff ;)

ItalianStallion
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
P.S. Seems Stef should have a better status than "Newbie" on this board, Jeff ;)

Hey, Sorry if this was already discussed, but wasn't that Stef that I saw performing the Star-Spangled Banner with Huey Lewis and the News at AT&T during the NLCS? Or was it the World Series?

Anyway hope Phil gets to watch some of the Series. Phil, I introduced a friend of mine from Brooklyn to Y&T by way of some of my CDs. You were the first bandmember she met. You introduced her to the rest of the band. I stilll get the chills hearing the story from her.

I was thinking of you too, so I wanted to check in on your threads. BTW Phil, Dave and Jeff: I would still love to see—with Phil's blessing of course—a KENNEMORE'S KORNER, on this forum. I think it would be a lot of fun to have such a place. Imagine the wild times! I am just a fan, but in any way that I can, I will be in KENNEMORE'S KORNER.

The Dude
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey Phil,
I'm with you everyday.
Love, Stef

good to see you here

Bassment
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Phil,

I hope the sofa is a nice long and com fart able one and that you are getting a nice rest after zapps of chemo.

If things go the way I think they should, come about early Jan, you could be suffering from 'Gonna Go Blind'.:kopfpatsch::bow:

I know I did

lisa7257
11-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Hello Phil,
Lisa and Wade here from Pleasanton/Livermore! How are you feeling these days? We hope you are well, and enjoying the beautiful fall colors. What did you think about the SF Giants? Was that awesome or what?! Your fellow band mates are overseas, and we know you are missing them a lot. Know that you are there with them in spirit...........each, and every day! We will be at the Nov. 19th show in Petaluma, but your presence will be missed tremendously! We continue to pray for you, and your family. We also send positive, healing vibes your way as well. Be happy, healthy, and strong our dear friend!
We still love you, and think of you daily,
Lisa, and Wade:party06::hmm3grin2
P.S. The orange face is for the GIANTS, lol!

Terr
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey Phil,
I'm with you everyday.
Love, Stef

W E L C O M E Stef! MIGHTY good to see ya here!!!!

Hope you're doing GREAT Phil! It's November already & you're another month closer to the STAGE!
Take care & read up on alkaline info. I'll post what I learn about it too....Stay Tuned!

alethea
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Dear Phil,

last Friday I attended with my partner the Y&T gig in Aschaffenburg. This gig was a sort of special for me and I want to share some memories...

We are big Y&T fans and we try to see the guys every time they tour Europe. 2008 we planned to go to the Rock Hard Festival (I love to see Y&T on the big stage) but two weeks before the festival I had got a new job and wasn’t allowed to take a day off. Next on the list was the Aschaffenburg gig on 9th September. A the end of August I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Two major things occupied my mind then: not to lose the job (I was in probation time) and to see Y&T. As the surgery was originally planned for 12th September I was happy I would make it to Aschaffenburg. Then I went to the hospital for some pre-surgery examinations and they told me they would postpone the surgery for some technical issues to late October or - I could stay right there and have it the next day. I choose to stay there. So I came out of the hospital on 7th September and was still determined to see the show but my friend said I would be too weak for the drive and better stay at home. I was quite pissed, you can imagine, and promised myself to see at least two Y&T shows in 2009 instead.

3 weeks after the surgery I went to work (and have kept my job, I had the full support from my boss and my colleagues). The cancer luckily hadn’t spread and the surgery went well. In the next time I went through 36 radiation sessions and several rock and blues concerts that gave me much energy. I was happy to see Johnny Winter, Eric Sardinas, Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and some other bands in a venue located just around the corner. I was listening to tons of bluesrock and blues albums and was looking forward to 2009.

In June 2009, we did a small Y&T “tour”. We went to Munich, on next day to Prague and a week later we saw the guys on Bang Your Head Festival in Balingen. On top of that, we made a trip to London later that year to see the final European show in London. We had such a great time!

I can’t express quite enough how much your music means to me. It gives me energy, inspiration and fun. It helped me so much in the hard times I went through. :thanx_1: I have fully recovered and been well since then.

Dear Phil, I wanna send you back the strength and motivation you and your band gave me! I wish you speedy recovery and send you lots of love and good vibes. Hope to see you on stage soon, rocking your Jazz and shouting Squeeeeeeeze… :00000003:

Keep on rockin’! :slayer_smile:

alethea

@Jill: thank you for encouraging me to write this down…

bassangel69
11-05-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi Phil,

I hope that you are doing okay at this time and that the chemo isn't beating you up too much. I am gearing up for the Cali trip that I have been making for the past 7 years. Going through some stuff, but I know that I will make it through the other side.

Still working on something for you and I think it's coming along. I hope that you like it...

Looking forward to seeing your bright smiling face soon back on the stage or anywhere.

Hugs to you and Hanna, as you both are in my prayers daily.

Love, Tara

Bry
11-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Dave announced at the Hamburg gig that you were fighting lung cancer Phil, before the lads did a superb "If you Want me" dedicated to you.

Gotta just say keep positive and relate a story which might put it into perspective...

My Mum had that, just as I was born, and she was told she had only a few months at most; they didn't have Chemo in thse days and removed the right lung and 1/4 of the left -Didn't see her for 2 years as she convalesced.....She kept going till she past away in my arms when I was 29!...:00000003: Okshe didn't run any marathons or rock climb anymore, but hell, she did just about everything else:00000003:

Its all about not being beaten m8 and staying positive, so don't get downbeat when your treatment leaves you weakened as it fights the good cause.... Looking forward to the day when your back on stage and kicking arse with "Squeeze":00000003::00000003:

Headrush 777
11-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Sending my man some serious vibes.Hang in there brother

wing59
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
hang in there we talked last at the feather falls show and you said to me you would come back .Well i know you will god bless

Jeanette
11-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey Phil!

Just wanted to check in on ya and let you know I was thinking of you!

I've been making lots of headway learning to play my bass and I just figured out how to play Mustang Sally a couple nights ago! WOOO!!! I think I crossed a major hurdle! Just wanna thank you again, so very much, for helping to get me inspired and excited to learn to play a rockin' bass guitar!!! Maybe someday you can show me some of your expertise! ;-)

Keep on Keepin' on!
Love, prayers and positive vibes to ya!

Jeanette

aXe mAn
11-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey Phil,
I am a huge fan and have been keeping you in my prayers ever since I found out. Just keep the faith and stay strong... sending my best wishes to you!

Y&T+Meniketti
11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
I hope so that you be better soon!!!!!
I was really dissapointed when i was going to my first Y&T show and you wasn't on stage.
Y&T+Meniketti

CPD5150
11-11-2010, 07:19 AM
WE ALL LOVE YA PHIL! KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!

-Chris

WSchropp
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Phil,

I am now 44, and have been a Y & T fan for almost three decades (36 shows and counting, truth be told). I have seen Y & T from my home town San Jose, Ca. to Redding, Ca. to even out of the way places like Lubbock, Texas (where you guys shredded Aerosmith as their opening act in 1986). The Lubbock show was followed by dozens of my fellow dorm residents at Texas Tech borrowing my cassette of "In Rock We Trust" to hear this amazing "new" band. I had tried to tell them all that you guys were so much more than "Summertime Girls", but nobody believed me until you guys got on stage...

Recently, friends of mine and I saw Y&T at Music in the Park in San Jose. Although Brad Lang is doing a great job filling in for you, we all missed you and that *%$#-eating grin of yours on stage. It was just not the same, all due respect to Brad.

The news of your recent health challenges has been met with sadness by our group of Y&T fans. Please know that you are loved and that you have made a difference in all of our lives through the countless good times and fond memories we have had while following you and the band. We look forward to seeing that smiling face of yours on stage soon (with your famous %$#*-eating grin, of course)

With Fondest Regards,

Wes Schropp

Jesus Ruiperez
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi Phil, I saw Y&T last saturday in Valencia, Spain... it was my 4th Y&T show... and it was great... but it was my 1st without you... Brad was excellent but Brad is not Phil... However I enjoyed the show but you were always in my mind and in my heart... All I can say is Phil we want you back on stage as soon as possible... we love you, we miss you and we know you will come back with us sooner or later... take your time because you will win this battle...

Mi brother-in-law was diagnosticated with stomach cancer on Sep 22nd... Surgery... well it seems he's better now... he has no stomach but he's better... chemotherapy... tablets... we all are around him, supporting him... we want him to feel our love for him... Sure you feel the same with your family, friends and fans...

Life is not easy but we must try to survive and fight for our lives...

I send you my best wishes and of course spanish fans are doing the same. We miss you, we love you and we care about you.

All the best my good friend,

Jesus Ruiperez

RockUFOrever
11-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Philly boy.Hope your doing well and feeling well.In due time this mess will be in the past and your future will be bright as always,because your one of the main lights in the mix of things.Prayers for you and the Family and friends and keep fighting the good fight.

Stay strong as always and always believe that things will be much better.

Peace

michelle1967
11-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi guys,

I am Phil's Ghost Writer today. As you all know Phil hates typing. Even though he lost his voice he thought it would be easier to have someone type it for him because he also has low energy.

He said, " I want everyone to know I am still reading all the threads and comments, and I still get off on all of them for what they are. Some are funny, some inspirational; but they all mean a lot to me.
I told myself I would not respond to any one particular post, because then I would have to respond to them all. But allow me to share this with all of you.

When I read this post it brought so much emotion, tears, and happiness to me. I can not find all of the words to express what this act meant to me. When I think about this humble, honest man, in a Phil Kennemore shirt, who dug out his guitar from where ever it was, and sold it to benefit me; I think of the act of a very humble man. This picture represents the good in people all around the world.
I am going to print this picture, frame it, and hang it on my wall. I never want to forget what Furukuma did. I hope that all of us have the chance to be a Furukuma for somebody else.

On another less emotional note... earlier I told all of you that I was going to begin chemo five days a week, for three weeks- actually it is once every three weeks for three months. This chemo thing is all one big roller coaster ride- on one hand it makes you feel better, and on the other hand it makes you feel worse than I could have possibly imagined.

Now I am going to turn this over to my super, fantabulous, couldn't do it without her, nurse... my wife Hanna-

I want everyone to know that I have been putting all the cards and pictures that you all send on the wall where Phil can see them everyday. When Phil goes through the most difficult parts of cancer, I show him all the pictures, notes, cards, and gifts that you send to him, and tell him all these people are rooting for you, and we all know that if anyone can fight this through, it is you. So thanks for all of your support to keep his faith, and keep him going.

.... Hopefully we will get back to all of you with more info, and pictures.
Thanks, and Love You All,
HANNA

"Phil here again... I was talking about my super nurse Hanna... I want everyone to know that on our 27th Wedding Anniversary which was the 29th of July, Hanna has not left my side for a minute- that was the day that I checked in to the hospital. The first twenty days, Hanna slept in different combination of chairs right next to my hospital bed, and she only left my side twice, only to get a change of clothes, but she was by my side every night... now since that time we have taken over the couches in the living room where things are much more comfortable and accessible, but the main thing I want you to know is... I have become so grateful to Hanna, and I do not know how I could even get through this without someone like Hanna by my side. When I mentioned the wedding anniversary part, some might find it sad, but I find it perfect because of the vows about "in sickness and health" I love Hanna so much. I can't imagine going through this without the attention that she gives me.

Gonna close out now... getting very tired, thanks for all the goodness, gonna sent it right back to you now.

Love,
Phil

hello phil i really hope you come through this like flying colors i really miss Y&T what bugs me though is i watch metal mania on vh1 classics and i never see Y&T videos I dont know if im just not catching it because i tune in too late or what but every single time i watch it i never see Y&T. I Really Love your guys music ive been looking for your face melter at hastings walmart etc i never see it in those stores i live here in moses lake wa. recently styx came here and played and i keep hoping Y&T will some day come here as well. i have your contagious cd and your best of 81 to 85 cd as well. i think you guys really rock your one of my favorite bands of all time. i hope and pray you come out of this you guys are missed very much. i dont think theres very many people here in moses lake who even know who Y&T is. when styx came out here the park was packed there was hardly any moving space between othe people. you guys need to come out here and show moses lake how to rock and what great rock music is. i think Y&T would rock moses lake hard. i love you guys and i wish you the best. you will make it i know you will. take care friend and best of wishes

Sarah
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Hallow Phil

Just thought I'd log on and let you know am thinking of you, and hope things are going OK - Keep ya spirits UP!!! Luv Sarah xx:emoteTheWave:

Jimmy CX
11-17-2010, 08:51 AM
I hope you're starting feeling better Phil! I feel like such a heal not being able to donate any $$$ to help you out at this time... :( I know my medical cost at this time are in no comparison to yours, but they have left me flat broke! I think about you & the family all the time and wish you all the best and will try to come up with a little something for you so I can feel like part of the gang & family! Say Hello to Sean & Hanna for me and I hope to see you all again soon! What a Rock and Roll Roller Coaster Ride all this life has been the past few years for us all! Wishing you all the best!!!

FaceMelted2010
11-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Phil & Hanna,
Hope all is going as well as can be. I was thinking of both of you today, as I often do, and just wanted to say "Hi".

Keep fighting Phil, I know you will beat this thing!
Hanna, you are an angel from God to Phil:1273:, and everybody, fans, friends, and family must appreciate everything you are doing for Phil.

Love,
Tyler T

maszek
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Phil,

How are you doing today? I hope that you still have your hair and are recovering. Any sign from you would be nice. Hang on there, stay strong!

Jan

ian
11-18-2010, 03:16 PM
dear Big Pudding!

get well soon and come visit me in Worcester..I need a drinking buddy!

hugs and toguey kisses

IAN

lisa7257
01-07-2011, 02:42 AM
How are you? We missed you sooooooo much at the New Year's Eve show! We heard that you might make an appearance, but we understand that you just were not up to it. :-( The New Year brings us hope, faith, strength, and much support in all of our endeavors! In other words, we are still by your side fighting this battle. We pray for a complete recovery, and faith that you will return to the stage. To tell you that the love, and admiration that we felt for you at the show was phenominal, well that would be an understatement! We spoke of you with many other fans, and the words respect, tenacity, and love came from all. Everyone was there for one reason......Phil Kennemore, and our love for this wonderful man! We heard about your bass up for auction, you LOVE that bass! We remember your words last year at the Catalyst, "do you like my clear bass, can you see my junk!" Let's hope the new, proud owner will treasure it as you have. Remember we are cheering for you, kick this in the ass!
We love you....always, and F*CK CANCER,
Lisa, and Wade :1luvu: :lovies3d: