PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Homepage

Jeff Bricker
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I am having trouble getting into the site. My link gets me to the homepage but no pic or options. Had to go to a bio link on the web that got me the options. Anyone else having this problem?

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Update your Java at www.java.com (http://www.java.com) . Also, reset all your Internet Explorer options to DEFAULT. Delete all cookies and temp files... and try again!

Jeff Bricker
11-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Why when I go to bioyt I get allthe options?:help:

Jeff Bricker
11-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Updated Java through your link but still nothing. I get the Y&T banner on top and empty box in the middle and the bottom banner

Terr
11-22-2009, 12:49 AM
You can bypass the Homepage by typin' www.meniketti.com/vforum (http://www.meniketti.com/vforum) into your browser.
Saves time sometimes on a funky puter like the ones in libraries & cyber cafes.

Jeff Bricker
11-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Just trying to figure out why my computer decided to do what it did. This is a new computer with all updates built by a programmer friend of mine. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to get ahold of him as he is on vacation. Just hate when stuff happens and can't figure out why.

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Jeff, it really doesn't make any sense if you have all the updates installed and everything is supposedly running properly.

Double check your ADOBE FLASH PLAYER as well, make sure it's at the latest version. You DID check that your browser settings are at DEFAULT, right? What browser are you using? Version?

My next suggestion would be to try a different browser such as Firefox (if you're using IE or something else) or Safari from Apple. If it loads there, then I have a feeling something in your browser is amiss.

If you're using Internet Explorer, try holding down the CNTRL key while click the REFESH button in the browsing window (this will force a redownload of the page) and let me know what happens.

Jeff Bricker
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
OK that worked as far as geting the options and links on the page but the center is still blank. The cntrl refresh worked tho thanks.

Jeff Bricker
11-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok that worked by going thru Firefox and everything comes up. I know enough about computers to get into trouble!! LOL!!! So now why won't IE work fully. All my other sites work just fine. I swear you computer guys must know some "VOODOO CODES" LOL!!! Thanks for the help!

Jeff Bricker
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Uninstalled my flash player and reinstalled it and now it works fine again. Thanks Jeff for the help!:yippee::rock:

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Uninstalled my flash player and reinstalled it and now it works fine again. Thanks Jeff for the help!:yippee::rock:

Glad ya got it! Cheers!