PDA

View Full Version : I miss it.

Babe Magnet
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Man...I was listening to the live Meniketti CD today and thinking about how much I miss the Meniketti gigs. I really miss it.

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
07-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Ditto times 1,000

I do the same thing :(

Terr
07-17-2008, 04:44 AM
Well....we have our cds....until Y&T records a new one & tours it....

Then maybe DMB will reunite!!!!

Anyway....Here's a cool JAM with Myron thumpin' the Bass!

http://www.meniketti.com/photos/data/507/Train.mp3

RUSHHEAD666
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank goodness I made it to the Meniketti show at Bourbon Street.

They played "Dirty Girl" that night.

I was shocked!!

So what is Myron up to these days?

He is one hell of a bass player.

Jimmy CX
07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Myron is up to everything! busy man!!!! I miss Meniketti stuff too! got it in my ipod!!!!

RUSHHEAD666
07-31-2008, 05:47 PM
That's good to hear about Myron Jimmy!

Glad he is keeping busy.

Cheers!

Model_600
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I miss DMB badly as well!!!!! We had some inimitably memorable good times...didn't we?!?!?
Where have all the good times gone....

RUSHHEAD666
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Got a few bootleg clips of that show as well dereks first live exposure to my music
We had seen Metallica a few weeks earlier and he liked the Bourbon Street vibe a hell of a lot more
Met Kelly and Susan Rocks at the gig and they gave Derek the set list after it was too cool

Damn earl how did you miss my son he has a 2 ft high mohawk at that time all died crazy ass colors

Myron was playing with Tony Lindsey and last recored a live show at the redwood fox theatre with him as well as touring with him in Santana

Tonys playing on the Sunday just a few hours before Joe takes the stage at the Jazz fest so not sure who's on bass

Chris Millers in the house band here in fremont at the Saddle rack as well

IF I SEE MYRON I WILL TELL HIM A DUDE IN HAYWARD LOOKING FOR A BASS PLAYER

LOL!

Classic Eddie.

I don't remember your son at that show. Shame on me.

So Myron has been playing with Santana. Sweet gig.

I sure would like him to teach me a thing or two about "in the pocket groove."

Myron rules.

How about a DMB Reunion Album and Tour with Nymann, Dove and Miller?

The HALF 'N HALF TOUR.

Dave Meniketti
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey, you guys know how much I love Y&T. It's been my whole adult life. But - I just so happened to be listening to a few Meniketti songs today as I was working on updating the web pages. I listened to snippets from both CDs and it really hit me just how much I "miss it" too. I'll do this again, I assure you.

Need to get a new Y&T CD out there, then I'll get on to writing new Meniketti stuff if I can find some time after that. Some European promoters have been asking me to bring my solo band out there for over 2 years now, so I suspect that will become a reality and get my ass back out there playing again. Maybe we can draw more than flies in the Bay Area next time around (except of course for you few dedicated fans - you know who you are). :emoticoncry:

RUSHHEAD666
08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Ouch Dave!

You are too hard on yourself.

I was at the Bourbon Street show and sure it wasn't packed but then again it was Bourbon Street in Concord.

I bet if the Meniketti band played in Walnut Creek at Betty's or even Y&T that place would be jumping and pumping.

Anyway, the future looks bright to me.

A new Y&T album and tour, followed by a Meniketti Band album and tour.

Keep it going Dave. After hearing your solo on that Lizzy Borden song it's quite obvious that you still have a full tank of fuel.

Rip it up man.

I was going to ask you this question but I might as well ask it now.

It's cool to learn that you listen to your own music.

Do most musicians listen to their own recorded stuff?

I always thought from a fan's perspective that the answer would be NO!

But you just said that you listened to your own MENIKETTI stuff.

I admire that in a musician.

I bet some artists who record albums never listen to their own stuff.

Cheers!

Earl

Dave Meniketti
08-01-2008, 01:11 AM
I do occasionally listen to my own music. Especially since I've been away from it so long (my solo stuff that is). It doesn't happen often but when it does it brings back great feelings. I'm happy to say, that even after many years later, I am still very proud of those 2 CDs and the stuff still sounds good to me.

my heart plays too, yeah
08-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey Dave, those cds are fantastic!

I am listening them continuously in my car.
Tomorrow I will leave for my holidays and I will sure listen to them during the journey.

There are a lot of gems all together:

Until the next time
Say goodbye
Loan me a dime
Take it like a man
Lay me down
I remember
Storm
Hard as I try
No lies
It's over

Great guitar and great vocal!
I too hope in new Meniketti stuff.

Cheers!

Babe Magnet
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I must add that Take It Like a Man is a masterpiece. The song has special meaning for me and the lyrics kinda trip me out, actually. On the live CD it's performed so well. I'd love to perform this song eventually but even if I don't I'll always love listening to it. - not to mention all the others.

The Garage Sale Man
08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
when you do get the solo Meniketti train rolling again, my wish would be that out of next solo effort comes a HIT, that they radio will play to death,
ofcourse that does not happen by design, thats why i say it would be my wish. Its not that I personally need a "so called Hit" form Dave, as I love all the stuff (being the super fan I am" hee hee).

I would like to see it happen, so we can get more people to the shows.
Marketing is the only way I know how to get that done. and marketing is never easy, its work ! A hit type song being played often in the bay area combined with a heavy marketing campaign could do the trick, and also it might not do the trick, who knows?, but I would sure like to see the DMB have much more sucess in the future. its seems to me, when that one song just has the hooks, then people want to hear it again, then it all takes on a life of its own from there, thats just the magic in the music. the thing is, ive heard it said so many times by songwriters and players, that they had no idea it was going to be such a hit?, or the opposite, we thought this was it?, but no response?, who knows?

RUSHHEAD666
08-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I must add that Take It Like a Man is a masterpiece. The song has special meaning for me and the lyrics kinda trip me out, actually. On the live CD it's performed so well. I'd love to perform this song eventually but even if I don't I'll always love listening to it. - not to mention all the others.

"On The Blue Side" is a fokking masterpiece from start to finish buddy! Do you have the "LIVE IN JAPAN cd?" That live version is just as incredible! Oh, and "MENIKETTI" is yet another Barn Burner Masterpiece, and remember real Y&T fans, the Japanese pressing has the bonus track "TRAIN." Sometimes being a broken record does have it's benefits. :znaika:

This post has nothing to do with sucking ass. It's a frigging fact. Bend over if you can't handle it. :nahnah:

LOL!!

Say what you will about me, who cares. It's all about the music. The DMB stuff is THE SHIT. I will support this project until my dying day.

BLOOZE ON!!

I hope CACHE CREEK IS A BASH!

Earl

Richard R Klemmer
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, DMB comes up on my iPod when I have it on Shuffle fairly regularly and it makes me miss them every time. I'm glad I got to see them together on Dave's 50 Birthday Bash. All three CD's are excellent. I think a reunion show is in order, dammit!!!!!!!!

RockUFOrever
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Dave I sure would make a DMB show if that ever happens again and it sounds like it will sometime in the future.

Another Meniketti studio cd would be great also.

I already did the fly in one day and fly out the next for a DMB show before in 04 and I would do that again in a heartbeat.

Leif
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll definitely attend as many DMB shows as I can when they happen again.

StruckDown Forever
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm happy to say, that even after many years later, I am still very proud of those 2 CDs and the stuff still sounds good to me.

Dave, how can you not be proud of that material? Those are two great albums. One that allowed you to finally explore your Blues influence unrestricted, the other, a collection of Rock tunes that allowed you the freedom to experiment outside the realm of Y&T.

I also have to agree w/Mr. Magnet that Take it Like a Man is an excellent tune.

Michael :Emotesnoopy:

Chip
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
One that allowed you to finally explore your Blues influence unrestricted
On The Blue Side taught me all about The Blues.
At least it was a gateway for learning the blues.
Dave's version of Loan Me A Dime holds a very special place in my heart and soul.
Thanks Dave! :)

Chip
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Was listening to the Live In Japan disc today and found myself really missing those birthday shows at The Little Fox.
Those were some very special shows and yes - I miss it, too..... :(
Bring back The Meniketti Band!

Please.........

No Regrets
08-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, you guys know how much I love Y&T. It's been my whole adult life. But - I just so happened to be listening to a few Meniketti songs today as I was working on updating the web pages. I listened to snippets from both CDs and it really hit me just how much I "miss it" too. I'll do this again, I assure you.

Need to get a new Y&T CD out there, then I'll get on to writing new Meniketti stuff if I can find some time after that. Some European promoters have been asking me to bring my solo band out there for over 2 years now, so I suspect that will become a reality and get my ass back out there playing again. Maybe we can draw more than flies in the Bay Area next time around (except of course for you few dedicated fans - you know who you are). :emoticoncry:

That just may get me to Europe! I wouldnt miss a Meniketti show unless I was in a hospital bed.... and even then I'd be scheming a way to get out for the show. Glad to hear it may be coming of the back burner in the near future!

Nancy :)

steve dawkins
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I've always wished that i could have caught a meniketti solo show.I wished i made the effort to catch one in the states.On the blue side is one of the greatest guitar records ever made.Be great to see/hear it live on european soil to,but if that never happens and dates are announced in san fran...i will be there!

DrUmM@sT3r
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey you guys....I wasn't fortunate to catch a "Meniketti" show, but I sure enjoy the CD's. This song to me is a well written tune....but it's the lead solo
that makes it soooooooooo tasty. Dave didn't "OverPlay", but played such killer phrasing that it makes you lift your eyebrows at how well the lead guitar solo is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYflF51fagg

Enjoy,
Mark

ps Nice guitar tone...:cool:

Jimmy CX
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Birthday Bash! and Meniketti!!!Hey! Dave play at my Big 50 party next Year!!!!!

Model_600
08-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Birthday Bash! and Meniketti!!!Hey! Dave play at my Big 50 party next Year!!!!!

I don't care who would give me shit about going.....I'd FUCKING be there!!! ALONE!!!!!!!!! That means ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry...just a rant..

Val

PiranhaGirl
08-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I'll definitely attend as many DMB shows as I can when they happen again.

I'd do the same. The few Meniketti shows I've seen have been incredible.....its not every day one gets to get onstage and give Dave a very special B-day card! (and after all this time I'm still hoping someone has a picture of that....anyone?) It's times like this I start getting all those envious feelings again for you people who live out there in and around the Bay Area. It's just too expensive to travel as much as I'd like. This upcoming Mystic trip has cost me a fortune....- but I'm just stating a fact, not complaining - I know it's money I will not regret spending. :D

Hey Leif, didn't I read in here somewhere that your parents own the land that's in the picture in your signature line? Ya think if I draggged a refrigerator box out there they'd let me live on a tiny corner of it somewhere? :gig:

PSPitBull
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
We love you though :-) here on Lemonwood Street!!! Home of the Hardest workin Man on Lemonwood Street, ME!!! Ribs and Judges, Judges for the ribs!!!

PSP a.k.a Greg "HUFFDOG" Huffman

RockUFOrever
08-31-2008, 12:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0075.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0076.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0077.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0080.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0082.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0085.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RockUFOrever/Yn%20T%20album%20covers/PIC_0010.jpg

PiranhaGirl
08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Holy cats pajamas...well, I didn't expect them to get posted here in the thread but thanks Russ! You've had these the whole time and never sent them to me???? :spankass: LOL!

Leif
08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd do the same. The few Meniketti shows I've seen have been incredible.....its not every day one gets to get onstage and give Dave a very special B-day card! (and after all this time I'm still hoping someone has a picture of that....anyone?) It's times like this I start getting all those envious feelings again for you people who live out there in and around the Bay Area. It's just too expensive to travel as much as I'd like. This upcoming Mystic trip has cost me a fortune....- but I'm just stating a fact, not complaining - I know it's money I will not regret spending. :D

Hey Leif, didn't I read in here somewhere that your parents own the land that's in the picture in your signature line? Ya think if I draggged a refrigerator box out there they'd let me live on a tiny corner of it somewhere? :gig:

Yup, that's right. That's the back of the old homestead that my grandfather bought about 100 years ago. I'm sure that would be no problem, if you don't mind goats! They rent the pasture to a neighbor with tons of them.

Glad to hear you're coming out for the Mystic festivities this year.

bassangel69
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
i think i caught one of the last Meniketti gigs in between 2 Queensryche So Cal shows.. do you know Michael, Eddie and Scott still think i am crazy for doing that -going from seeing Queensryche in Anaheim-sleeping in the Amtrak train station in L.A. afterwards catching the train the next morning to Fairfield seeing Dave and going back to L.A. 4 hours after the show was over to catch the last Queensryche show of that tour!( Beginning of the "Suicide show runs"!) LOL! :gig:

I am glad that i caught that show and would love to see another one day..."Take It Like A Man" is one that I love to sing and would love to do at a jam one day...excellent vocal performance. My mom was even impressed with the "Man's World" cover...and she hates 99% of what i listen to, but she dug that.

...Europe, huh? I might have to get off my ass, finally get the passport and pray for the lottery or do some serious planning! keep us posted!

tara