PDA

View Full Version : To Prevent Embarrasing Myself AGAIN...

white_tiger
06-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Could someone please explain to me how to "quote"? I have tried highlighting a sentence and hitting "quote" and tried hitting "Quote" at the beginning of the info I want to respond to. It is not working. :EmoteShrug:

Thank you for anyone's help in advance! (I am such a "rookie") - it seems! :spankass::hidesbehi:shots: Ok, got Y&T spinning and I am over it!:gig::ylsuper: (Gotta luv these smilies!)

mikel
06-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Could someone please explain to me how to "quote"? I have tried highlighting a sentence and hitting "quote" and tried hitting "Quote" at the beginning of the info I want to respond to. It is not working. :EmoteShrug:

Thank you for anyone's help in advance! (I am such a "rookie") - it seems! :spankass::hidesbehi:shots: Ok, got Y&T spinning and I am over it!:gig::ylsuper: (Gotta luv these smilies!)

Hit "quote" in the lower right corner. Make sure your cursor is below the[/QUOTE] of the message you're quoting and go.

white_tiger
06-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I have replied to an entire quote, but how do you reply to 1 or 2 statements?

Thank you again...:beer:

mikel
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM

I have replied to an entire quote, but how do you reply to 1 or 2 statements?

Thank you again...:beer:

I don't know of an easier way, but I do a couple of things.

Hit quote of the first post you want, highlight the text and copy it (Ctrl C). Then go to the next item you want to quote and hit quote. Paste (Ctrl V) the first one where you want it.

I have never done more than 2, but I would open the Forum in another window and then copy and paste as many quotes as needed.

To do one or two sentences etc. Copy and paste as above. Then put your cursor in the pasted quote and delete what you don't want.

white_tiger
06-22-2008, 10:39 PM
I know how to copy and paste! I just did not see that option on here! Maybe I did not look hard enough! WAY too caught up in the Japan Hype! :bellyemoticon::beer::gig: