RaceMic
04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Saturday, April 5th. Coach House. :nahnah:

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
and have the DMB there too!:D

RockUFOrever
04-02-2008, 03:56 AM
I would for sure make a B-Day Bash for Dave again if the DMB was playing.

The Garage Sale Man
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
to see dmb & y&t & friends, special guest etc.. all jamming all kinds of tunes, like they have done in the past, i hope leonard jams again some day with the guys..mabey at one of these.......

TRASHCANHEAD
04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
book it and they will come the last one was off the charts :beer:

Stereo Steve
04-02-2008, 10:33 AM
I can't even put into words how much I miss hearing the DMB live. The vibe, the emotion and energy; it all feels so personal and heart-felt. Not to take one thing away from the Y&T boys but the DMB is such a hit for me and the Bash is the topper on the cake.

You know, if I do my math correctly, this December is 55 for Big Man Dave so I think that's reason for a celebration.:bday: C'mon Dave!

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
04-02-2008, 07:25 PM
No pressure Dave!

we would kill for another night of DMB infact make it two nights!

lil fox :sign61:

toyhouse
04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Mr. Jimmy.
I've never been to one of the bday bashes.
Sounds like a rocking good time.
I'm in!

Cheers.

Terr
04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
All in favor say aye.

AYE! 2 nights!! DMB & Y&T!!

...& don't forget to bring back the Dream Jam along with the Birthday Bash!!

RUSHHEAD666
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I certainly hope we don't have to wait until Dave turns 60 for another Little Fox Bash!

How about one in 2008??????

Jimmy CX
04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Yikes!! 60!!! Just a number!!! Lets do a Bash!!!

mmandy
04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Maybe this year's Mystic show should be a Birthday Bash.............:bellyemoticon:

RUSHHEAD666
04-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Yikes!! 60!!! Just a number!!! Lets do a Bash!!!

LOL!

You're right Jimmy!

LET'S JUST DO A BASH!!

The Mystic would be AWESOME!

Then again the Mystic is awesome anyway!

RaceMic
04-08-2008, 11:17 PM
You all missed a killer Birthday Bash at the Coach House just last Saturday night. Dave stopped the show for the whole venue to sing Happy Birthday. I will never forget it.

mmandy
04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Dave's Birthday is in December.....................

Brainstorm: How about a Birthday Bash for PHIL in October ???? :)

Terr
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Let's do the Monster Mash on Halloween!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI

RUSHHEAD666
04-10-2008, 11:36 PM
I will back you up on that one Terr.

Y&T AT THE CONCORD PAVILION FOR A 2008 MONSTER MASH!!!!

Sincerely,

"Dreams Of Egypt"

Jimmy CX
04-13-2008, 09:59 AM
How bout' a Turkey Thrash?? (And I'm not talking about roughing me up!!) We're talkin' a Full On Thanksgiving Dinner & Rock Show!!!! Just Gotta make sure no one throws a Turkey Leg at Phil!!! (They Hurt!!) And I got a scar to prove it!!!!

Susan
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Aye!
Happy birthday RaceMic!

Terr
05-13-2008, 05:30 AM
New Y&T album for Christmas--- play it straight thru at the Birthday Bash....& DMB too!!
Dream Jam in between.
Yes, I'm a greedy bastard. :gig:

Oh~ & "Let's do the Time Warp again":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zdu7xoHU9DA

BillRae
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
New Y&T album for Christmas--- play it straight thru at the Birthday Bash....& DMB too!!
Dream Jam in between.
Yes, I'm a greedy bastard. :gig:

Oh~ & "Let's do the Time Warp again":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zdu7xoHU9DA

Yea Baby...Rocky (oh the)HORROR!!!

By the By Mr. Meniketti.... Has ya had the chance to listen to the CD I gaves ya???

I know I'm early but...Fuck I'm dyin ta know.

Bill

mikel
06-03-2008, 06:04 AM

By the By Mr. Meniketti.... Has ya had the chance to listen to the CD I gaves ya???

Bill

Sounds a lot like lucy wanting Ricky to put her in his show.:rimshot:

BillRae
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds a lot like lucy wanting Ricky to put her in his show.:rimshot:

Maybe so...But I can PROVE my playing...

Stereo Steve
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Maybe so...But I can PROVE my playing...

And I can vouch for that!!! I'd love to see you up there man.:party06:

Dave Meniketti
06-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Bill

Just listened to it right now, since you reminded me.

For anyone interested, Bill did a cover of Don't Stop Running and he played all the parts himself on the demo CD.

I think you did a very nice job indeed. :ylsuper: In actual fact I really thought it was Y&T until just before the singing came in. It sounded like you were playing the album track back and just playing on top of it. That's pretty fargen good you came that close to the sound. You nailed my tone from that record, the licks were nicely played in the solo and you got all the chords and instrument parts correct. The drums were well constructed too. All in all a job very well done.

My only nitpick is with the vocal sound. I think this song is way too high for your natural voice, which is no slap on you because this is possibly the hardest song I have to sing of all the Y&T songs in the set. I could hear you were going to falsettos a lot and I could tell you were straining a bit, but you still nailed the parts and the pitching was good. Also you did an excellent job mimicking my vocal bits and the backgrounds were pretty close, though you actually added a part or 2 that wasn't there on the original recording.

OK, there you have it. I believe you can feel really good about this CD performance. :party06: If there is another Birthday Bash in the near future and a dream jam to go with it, you get my vote to be a part of it.

Terr
06-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Hey Dave~ Your description is exactly perfect. I got that same feeling, that Bill had played over the original track. Hmmmm....
Really good job tho & the vocals sure do sound similar to you.

There's 2 songs on the cd Bill sent me. Wonder why he didn't send you the other one too....it's pretty great too!!

Lookin' forward to a Birthday Bash & a Dream Jam with Bill up onstage with ya, man!
You gonna let him SING a verse &/or a chorus with ya? ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to JAM with you too....one of these years!

BillRae
06-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Just listened to it right now, since you reminded me.

For anyone interested, Bill did a cover of Don't Stop Running and he played all the parts himself on the demo CD.

I think you did a very nice job indeed. :ylsuper: In actual fact I really thought it was Y&T until just before the singing came in. It sounded like you were playing the album track back and just playing on top of it. That's pretty fargen good you came that close to the sound. You nailed my tone from that record, the licks were nicely played in the solo and you got all the chords and instrument parts correct. The drums were well constructed too. All in all a job very well done.

My only nitpick is with the vocal sound. I think this song is way too high for your natural voice, which is no slap on you because this is possibly the hardest song I have to sing of all the Y&T songs in the set. I could hear you were going to falsettos a lot and I could tell you were straining a bit, but you still nailed the parts and the pitching was good. Also you did an excellent job mimicking my vocal bits and the backgrounds were pretty close, though you actually added a part or 2 that wasn't there on the original recording.

OK, there you have it. I believe you can feel really good about this CD performance. :party06: If there is another Birthday Bash in the near future and a dream jam to go with it, you get my vote to be a part of it.

Dave,

Um...I don't know what to say... Yea for all of you who will criticize me for what I am about to say, TOO bad! I am secure in my skin. But I re-read this about 10 times because I couldn't believe what I read. Not because I do not have confidence in myself, but having Dave Meniketti compliment me on my playing is just...well, I got a bit teary eyed. There I said it.

Dave, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time out to listen to this, you can't imagine what it means to me....Really man.

Cheers,
Bill

BillRae
06-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Okay,

Lemme lay it down as I did this project. First as Dave mentioned, I did do ALL the parts myself which left wonderin how I was gonna get that "live" vibe so to speak. Well, it wasn't easy but what I did was, load up Y&T on Nuendo, and then I played TO the Y&T track and then deleted it when all the parts were done. How and whay I nailed Dave's guitar sound is still a mytery, HOWEVER!!!! HEY DAVE!!! I used a Vox Tonelab SE 1/2 solid state, and 1/2 tube processor. See? I told they RIP ASS!!!

As far as Falsettos, the ONLY falsetto was at the very end, where I did that R&B "wooohooo" thing. Other than that, there were none else.

Also, if ANYONE thinks I am bullshitting, I'll GLADLY send you a Nuendo OMF file. THAT, will prove it. It's ALL me. I am only sayin this due some people kind STICKIN ME A BIT...Not that I have to prove but...

Bill

Jimmy CX
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Dave Reviews!! How Cool!!!! Thats a good one Bill!!! No for the BDB!!!

Terr
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Dave Reviews!! How Cool!!!! Thats a good one Bill!!! No for the BDB!!!

Dave just told Bill a BIG YES on the BirthDay Bash. Hmmmmmaybe you meant to say NoW for the BDB!!!

Bill called me tonight & I'm glad he did cuz I got to congratulate him again for doin' such a great job on Don't Stop Runnin' & also for getting such a wonderful response from Big Man Dave.
Bill's recorded several other Y&T songs, & I wanna hear 'em all. I'm Lost is KILLER!
Hey Bill~ You oughta make an album called One Man Tribute to Y&T!!!!!!!!!
You are one talented guy! Cool that you're down with Nuendo AND ProTools too!!
I'd be honored to play music with ya anytime, & have you help me out with recording my songs.
Thanks for the offer to help engineer with ProTools....hope you can find a little time & hopefully you'll get inspired to play some guitar & sing too!!
That'd be the next best thing to recording at Dave's studio & havin' HIM contribute to my stuff!
We GOTTA definitely JAM on some Y&T songs too!!!!
Hope to see ya at a BirthDay Bash this year, JAMMIN' with Dave!
Sure would be AWESOME to play bass or drums with you guys!! Hope that can happen!
It'll take a lot of dedication & devotion on my part...
We'll see!!

Jimmy CX
06-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Birthday Bash! Birthday Bash!!

Jimmy CX
06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Dave Reviews!! How Cool!!!! Thats a good one Bill!!! No for the BDB!!! I spelled a word wrong and did cut and past on this post and never checked it!!!! Dave Reviews!! How Cool!!!! Thats a good one Bill!!! Something to be proud of and a word of encouragement!!! Now for the BDB!!!

Steve Z(oso)
06-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Bill,

Congrats man, that freakin' ROCKS!! Dave, very cool of you to take the time & give him that review!

Rock on!

BillRae
06-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank guys... This TOO COOL FOR FUGGIN SCHOOL!!!!

Terr, I'll engineer ANYTIME on the weekends. You'll fill my tank right??? LOL!!!

Steve, I'll see you guys in Riverside, I'll tell ya people, ya wanna see a RIP ASS Zeppelin tribute, CHECK THESE GUYS OUT!!!! They are simply the best!!!

Thanks Jimmy!!!!

Cheers,
Bill

Terr
06-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Terr, I'll engineer ANYTIME on the weekends. You'll fill my tank right??? LOL!!!
Cheers,
Bill

You betcha! Hope it ain't a C note to fill like my van tho! :eek:

Jimmy CX
06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Fuel ! and Rock and Roll!! and then to the Birthday Bash!! yaaaa!!

BillRae
06-23-2008, 08:16 PM
You betcha! Hope it ain't a C note to fill like my van tho! :eek:

Aw Terr...

It's like $150 to fill this "Noo Yawka's" tank. But ah... hey, we can "woik" sum'n out!

Peace,
Bill

Terr
06-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Holy F#%k! Whaddya got a F-150? Get it? F 150 :lmao:

Ever think about movin' to the Valley? :D

BillRae
06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Holy F#%k! Whaddya got a F-150? Get it? F 150 :lmao:

Ever think about movin' to the Valley? :D

Ah, well...NOPE!!! "Fer sher deed!" Maybe while we're at it, we can indulge in a bran an avocado Milk Shake! Move to the Valley... That'll be the fuggin day! Actually, I live the Valley... MORENO Valley that is...

The I.E. be's duh place fer me, especially since I been interviewing at Wild West Guitars here in Riverside WHICH also owns the VOODOO Lounge. I is gonna does ALL I can to get Y&T booked there for next year!

Bill

Jimmy CX
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Birthday Bash!!

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Birthday Bash at the Avalon

Im not sure the fox is big enough anymore:p

Chip
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Good Call!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/12/12/borat_thumbs_up_narrowweb__300x504,0.jpg

RUSHHEAD666
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM

I'm not sure the Avalon is big enough for the Birthday Bash.

RockUFOrever
07-03-2008, 04:10 AM
The Avalon is at least 3 times the size of the Little Fox.Not that it matters to me though.

Lets have the Traveling B-Day Bash.DMB could hit all the HOB's across the US.:emoteTheWave:

Jimmy CX
07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Shorline Birthday Bash & BBQ!!!!!

Terr
10-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Well it looks like the Birthday Bash ain't gonna happen again this year.
Maybe next year...after a new Y&T album & Tour to promote it.
Then the Dave Meniketti Band may make a new album &/or tour.
Maybe with 3 great albums out they'll draw bigger crowds!!!

Bry
10-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Okay,

......wasn't easy but what I did was, load up Y&T on Nuendo, and then I played TO the Y&T track and then deleted it when all the parts were done. How and whay I nailed Dave's guitar sound is still a mytery, HOWEVER!!!! HEY DAVE!!! I used a Vox Tonelab SE 1/2 solid state, and 1/2 tube processor. See? I told they RIP ASS!!!

Bill

Wow!!! Haven't got a clue what that lot is, but according to the new reviewer on the block (DM) you nailed it! -Can I look forward to you forming a Y&T tribute band; circling the world to perform on a route of gigs, 6 months out of synch. with the big lads....That way all us fans outside the states would get a taster of Y&T every 6 months...

Meanwhile, I've just heard that the water level up at the Bering Straits near Diomede is only 100 feet or so in depth? If that's right, can you lads not throw in a few rocks to reconnect the land bridge to Eurasia? That way I'd be able to get on my bike and get round for a taste of the awesome US gigs...If your quick enough I can make the Petaluma gigs on the 21/22/Nov -...Come on lads put your backs into it....

Jimmy CX
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
No Bash!! Damn!