PDA

View Full Version : Firefox question

tearz1985
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Over the years of hearing so many people sing the praises of Firefox, I've been considering switching myself...especially since IE7+Vista is aggravating. I did it today, installed and ready to roll. At first it was even slower than IE7 but after building its paths it is flying to all my bookmarks...except 1...this one.

Is there a compatibility issue with meniketti.com and Firefox? I tried typing in yandtrocks.com but it was the same result. Three times Firefox has done the "Not Responding" thing trying to go here. It is going everywhere else with lightning speed. Do I need to get the IE Tab add-on for Firefox?

Thank you.

Oh and this place rocks and Earl is my fave member!:)

Enough of the drama already!:gig:

toyhouse
02-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Over the years of hearing so many people sing the praises of Firefox, I've been considering switching myself...especially since IE7+Vista is aggravating. I did it today, installed and ready to roll. At first it was even slower than IE7 but after building its paths it is flying to all my bookmarks...except 1...this one.

Is there a compatibility issue with meniketti.com and Firefox? I tried typing in yandtrocks.com but it was the same result. Three times Firefox has done the "Not Responding" thing trying to go here. It is going everywhere else with lightning speed. Do I need to get the IE Tab add-on for Firefox?

Thank you.

Oh and this place rocks and Earl is my fave member!:)

Enough of the drama already!:gig:

Firefox is about "all" I've used pretty much since it's begining.
Every once in a while I come up on a site that won't accept it. Rare but it happens. When that happens I simply launch the other browser.
I'm not sure what the IE tab add-on is? Since I'm a yahoo member I do use the yahoo tool bar add-on.
Other than that it's been great.
As for this site - not sure what's happening for you. No problems here.
Are you saying you can't get to this site even by linking to it from a search engine link?
Sounds to me like a link format issue.
I think if you link to it successfully once then you'd save that link as your b-mark all would be good?

Cheers!

-

RockHard
02-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I agree with Jim. I've been using Firefox exclusively for years now. No problems here, but I'm also still on XP.

Have you tried it with another forum? Maybe it's something weird like that?

:beer:

Eddietherocker
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Firefox is great been using it for a few yrs. now, i also use their
email program thunderbird. No annoying pop ups at all.

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
03-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I use both Firefox and IE and both work just dandy here on this site.

Usually Firefox will start out a bit slower, then increase it's speed as it's cache increases.