PDA

View Full Version : Uploading images in signature

Leif
12-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I've done this before. This feature doesn't seeem to work now. I just get a message about failure to upload due to error writing temp file. I know I'm doing it the same way I have before.

Any ideas anyone?

Terr
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
It's just like postin' images in your replies...in fact, you can have up to 5 images just like in your replies!!!!!
Go to photobucket & store your photos & pics for FREE. Then link to here & your other fav sites. For this site you use this [IMG] then type http://img.photobucket.com/albums/ then your account number--which is one letter & 3 numbers /your nickname/ then the image number &/or description .gif or .jpg & then another [IMG]with a / in front of the I.

Hope that does it for ya. :D

Leif
12-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Thanks Terr.

Still no good. I have Photobucket and have used the direct link before and it always worked. I tried your suggestion, using the IMG link, with the formating you suggested, then I get the error "invalid file." I know the file's good and it meets the max size requirements.

Frustrating.

Terr
12-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Ask Rowdy for help. He's a puter troubleshooter. :D

toyhouse
12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks Terr.

Still no good. I have Photobucket and have used the direct link before and it always worked. I tried your suggestion, using the IMG link, with the formating you suggested, then I get the error "invalid file." I know the file's good and it meets the max size requirements.

Frustrating.

Leif,
Use TinyPic. I got that one from Mike. It works well. With tinypic I copy/paste the tag with IMG. They give 4/5 different choices to copy. Just remember not to add extra img tags or things won't work. I forget once in a while.

Leif
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your help, all. It turns out I was pasting the IMG code in the wrong place. I was pasting it in the sig upload box. I finally pasted it in the actual sig edit box above that and it worked. I am blonde after all. :sign40:

StruckDown Forever
12-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I am blonde after all. :sign40:

Yes you ARE!!! :gig:

Michael :Emotesnoopy: