PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Carling Academy

chrisog
10-29-2007, 06:30 PM
26th October 07....Finally, 4 years after seeing Y&T support Whitesnake (Monsters of Rock-2003).
My mate and I arrived in the early part of Tigertailz set (not really to my taste)...but shit at least they can play....LIVE!!!!!
The unexpected but pleasant surprise soon after our arrival was purchasing my T-shirt from Jill Meniketti, in a very brief conversation (drowned by the decibels of Tigertailz), mainly that it was great to have the lads back in The North East of England. The impression I think anyone would be left with about Mrs Meniketti, she is genuinly a lovely person.
However!!!!!!
The band gave a STONKING performance from beginning to end including an impromptu version of Don't Wanna Lose, the fans taking care of the vocals while Dave tries to remember the guitar parts. This was a genuine example of both band and fans enjoying the night.
There was so many highlights for me personally and I took a vast amount of photos, (they'll be on the site soon). I even got possession of Mike Vanderhule's drumstick at the end but it fell out of my jacket while I was jumping around like a middle aged maniac. It would have been a nice souvenir but as i'm a guitarist i'll just have to try and get a plectrum next time. Hopefully next year if Dave keeps his promise to return.

ALL THE BEST FOR THE REST OF THE TOUR

SEE YOU IN 2008 (HOPEFULLY)

Chris

scarydawn
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
glad you enjoyed it and welcome

looking forward to seeing your pics

shame about the drumstick - fingers crossed for next year

big geordie
10-31-2007, 01:59 AM
26th October 07....Finally, 4 years after seeing Y&T support Whitesnake (Monsters of Rock-2003).
My mate and I arrived in the early part of Tigertailz set (not really to my taste)...but shit at least they can play....LIVE!!!!!
The unexpected but pleasant surprise soon after our arrival was purchasing my T-shirt from Jill Meniketti, in a very brief conversation (drowned by the decibels of Tigertailz), mainly that it was great to have the lads back in The North East of England. The impression I think anyone would be left with about Mrs Meniketti, she is genuinly a lovely person.
However!!!!!!
The band gave a STONKING performance from beginning to end including an impromptu version of Don't Wanna Lose, the fans taking care of the vocals while Dave tries to remember the guitar parts. This was a genuine example of both band and fans enjoying the night.
There was so many highlights for me personally and I took a vast amount of photos, (they'll be on the site soon). I even got possession of Mike Vanderhule's drumstick at the end but it fell out of my jacket while I was jumping around like a middle aged maniac. It would have been a nice souvenir but as i'm a guitarist i'll just have to try and get a plectrum next time. Hopefully next year if Dave keeps his promise to return.

ALL THE BEST FOR THE REST OF THE TOUR

SEE YOU IN 2008 (HOPEFULLY)

Chris
You must have fought my mate for the drumstick he was the baldy fella, but sorry to hear you lost it after all:ylsuper: