PDA

View Full Version : get logged off auotmatically after taking over 5 minutes on a thread

The Garage Sale Man
07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
is there a way to increase the amount of time i have to start or reply to a thread, it seems if i take over 3 or 4 minutes to reply, i get automatically logged off and lose what i was writing, and have to start all over, what ive been doing is copying what im writing just in case that happens, so i dont lose it, i cant find where i would change this?? any help

thanks, GSM

ROCK & ROLL GIRL
07-28-2007, 09:26 PM
:gig: sorry gotta laugh cause I know how s l o wwwwwww

you type

heee heee heeeeee:nahnah:

RockHard
07-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I have the same problem, Greg. Although, in my case, it's usually because I'm writing a book. :gig:

I believe that is a setting that must be changed by an admin... at least it is on the forum I moderate (different software package, though). For what it's worth, I'd like to see the time limit extended, too... :00000003:

BTW ~ If you hit the "back" button on your browser, you should at least get the text editing window back... so you can cut & paste what you wrote into Notepad while you log back in. It works in Firefox, anyway... I would imagine it would work in any browser.

Just thought I'd throw that out there so you don't throw your keyboard out the window... ;)

I lose more keyboards that way... :p
:beer:

RaceMic
07-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Just start with a Word document, play with it all you want, and then copy and paste it over to a reply or new post window.

StruckDown Forever
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I have that happen when I start writing something and lose my train of thought on what I'm saying (like every 2 secs :gig:) but I don't have a prob w/having to copy and paste. I just keep writing and when I finish if I've been logged out it will take me to the log in and after I RE-log in it posts my reply w/o a problem.

Michael :Emotesnoopy:

Leif
08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
This just happened to me. Very annoying! I wrote up a Rush review from Wed night, lost it all.:emoteranting:

Terr
08-17-2007, 03:31 AM
I've lost some too. What works for me is when you're editing a post & get carried away & make it super long, & a popup says "you can't post this cuz you're no longer logged in" or something, I just drag the whole post to my desktop before logging back in...just in case it all or part of it gets lost.