PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Bash Reflections

Terr
12-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Alas~ No DMB show @ The Little Fox tonight. We sure have some great memories of Dave's 50th, 51st, & 52nd tho' don't we? And 2 nights each year!! I missed his 51st actually, & his cover of One Way Out by the Allman Bros. Dagnabbit-- I was sick.
His 50th was probly the longest show he's ever played...& one of his very best, with Jimmy there for Fly Away, 21st Century, & Quicksand!!! Myron & Chris & Tommy were all smokin' along with Dave tooo
DMB & Y&T both onstage in one night!! ...& Joey droppin' in to JAM too!
That video Jill put together with Satch & Vai & Petrucci & others wishing Dave a Happy Birthday was AWESOME too! I'd love to see that again.

Wishin' it was happening again tonight. :guitarist
Cherishing the memories & hopin' for more in the future...
Thanks Dave & Jill for lettin' us all celebrate with you & I hope you both enjoy this one without all us crazies!!!!!!!
Hey~ We understand. No one likes to work on their birthday. :D

Babe Magnet
12-12-2006, 08:18 AM
That 50th was a great night - a night I'll never forget. I liked the board with all of the photos of Dave growing up - the karate, the electronics...

Lauretta
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
That 50th was a great night - a night I'll never forget. I liked the board with all of the photos of Dave growing up - the karate, the electronics...
Thanks for the shout-out for the photo boards! I put those together with a lot of help from Bill (Rock Image), scanning my photos. I still have them for the next Birthday Bash!

A good memory I have is wearing Birthday cake for DAYS afterwards, it was all over everything! "L" :)

Susan
12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Cool, is there going to be another birthday bash?

Stereo Steve
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Dave, you are simply the greatest. You always pour out all you have for your fans whether it's a regular show, if there is such a thing, or your very memorable Birthday Bashes.
I know it was your day, but I can honestly say that your 50th ranks up there as one of the most memorable days in MY entire life. I still have the newspaper clippings where Mercury News columnist Brad Kava comments how not many, if any, rock stars would do such an incredible thing like letting their fans join him on stage as you have. The intimacy and personality of those shows along with the participation of some tremendous musicians makes for a really class act. I certainly hope that we haven't seen the last of these shows. There's simply too much fun that still needs to be had.

Robert
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
i remember going to the 50th birthday bash and being so blown away by how well dave played that night(especially the dmb stuff) that i started playing guitar again after a 20 year break, the birthday bashs were definitley the best show of the year for me

Terr
12-13-2006, 06:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/b300/Squidley/NightSquid/0024.gif Robert~
Cool that Dave inspired you to play again! :guitarist

Jimmy CX
12-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I sure miss the bashes!!! that's the only time of the year I drink!!!:lmfao: happy Birthday Dave:beer:

bassangel69
12-17-2006, 02:50 PM
is there a way that you guys could create a slideshow of those photos for those who was unable to go to the bash ? :D tara