PDA

View Full Version : Add an "ASK YnT section?

layla915
09-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi All -

Just wondering - do John, Phil and Mike check out the ASK DAVE section of the forum to see if any of the ?'s are directed towards them? If not, would it be possible to add an ASK Y&T section so they dont have to read through everything in ASK DAVE to see if anyone (like me!) is curious for their input?

I'm even thinking an "ASK THE FANS" or "ASK THE FORUM FAMILY" section might be pretty cool for the band to get their burning questions answered and get a range of input and perspective on matters that interest THEM.

Who knows... a couple of the more silent band members might even post somethin'!

Whudyathink?

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I think if the other members were more active on the board, that would make great sense. Dave is our primary band poster (John does post regularly as well, but not with the frequency of Dave) and the reason it was originally set up as "ASK DAVE" is because of the Meniketti Band sharing this site.

It's definitely something to think about... but I think we'd have to get Mike and Phil "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" first. :lmfao:

RaiderHog
09-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi All -

I'm even thinking an "ASK THE FANS" or "ASK THE FORUM FAMILY" section might be pretty cool for the band to get their burning questions answered and get a range of input and perspective on matters that interest THEM.

Whudyathink?

if this EVER! happens i can just imagine some of the questions the guys in the band might ask!:lmfao:

layla915
09-25-2006, 12:29 AM
if this EVER! happens i can just imagine some of the questions the guys in the band might ask!:lmfao:

I know - YOU can imagine, but I can hardly imagine - I think i'd need to be a guy to even understand some of the questions! :scared: :scared: :scared:

All the more reason to ask for this section and find out what lurks in the dark recesses....

But just maybe, do you suppose some of it might actually be relevant to music?

It's definitely something to think about... but I think we'd have to get Mike and Phil "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" first. :lmfao:

I'll work on that... ya never know... Phil actually posted today!

DrUmM@sT3r
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi All -

Just wondering - do John, Phil and Mike check out the ASK DAVE section of the forum to see if any of the ?'s are directed towards them? If not, would it be possible to add an ASK YnT section so they dont have to read through everything in ASK DAVE to see if anyone (like me!) is curious for their input?

Who knows... a couple of the more silent band members might even post somethin'!

Whudyathink?

Hey school teacher/ Rapper Girl lol

it's Y&T not YnT <-------------:thumbsdow

just pickin' on ya :spankass: I couldn't resist ...............

:)

layla915
09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey school teacher/ Rapper Girl lol

it's Y&T not YnT <-------------:thumbsdow

just pickin' on ya :spankass: I couldn't resist ...............

Sure, you are absolutely right. I suppose I could have stretched my fingers further, even on a weekend or evening, to make that more accurate. If you feel like paying me to model correct spelling, grammar and writing skills on my leisure time, feel free to send me wads of money.

But it's also you, not ya and picking, not pickin'. As well, your entire post is absurdly lacking in correct punctuation and has inconsistent capitalization and..... are you sure you want to pick on me??!!! Bring it on! :fight:

I just might charge you a consulting fee for the corrections I was generous enough to bring to your attention so far.

Note in my other posts as well, I'm not very picky about these things for my own leisure writing, as long as the point was clear... which I do with my students as well: we get the ideas out of our heads first, then we pretty 'em up and make them presentable to the reader, who we hope will focus on the point... and there was a point... which you didn't respond to cuz you got distracted by an insignificant detail that did not blur the meaning of the actual message...
:offtopic: FOCUS!!
Again, bring it on, let's see who gets :spankass: ed.
I'll start out: Spanks :spankass: :spankass: for calling me Rapper Girl, though you did use caps for a title... good start. But you also used 'School Teacher' similarly as a title and did not capitalize it, so keep working on it.
Here's another for making me feel obliged to proofread this post! :spankass:
I'll be keeping count and billing you.
:sign17:

layla915
09-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi Mark -

I fixed the error, thanks for bringing it to my attn, and the caffeine has mostly worn off since my previous post here.

DrUmM@sT3r
09-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Sup Wid Dat Rip Teach? :tsk:

Geezus~! I guess I gotta C-

:lmao:

The Rockin' Donkey
09-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Sure, you are absolutely right. I suppose I could have stretched my fingers further, even on a weekend or evening, to make that more accurate. If you feel like paying me to model correct spelling, grammar and writing skills on my leisure time, feel free to send me wads of money.

But it's also you, not ya and picking, not pickin'. As well, your entire post is absurdly lacking in correct punctuation and has inconsistent capitalization and..... are you sure you want to pick on me??!!! Bring it on! :fight:

I just might charge you a consulting fee for the corrections I was generous enough to bring to your attention so far.

Note in my other posts as well, I'm not very picky about these things for my own leisure writing, as long as the point was clear... which I do with my students as well: we get the ideas out of our heads first, then we pretty 'em up and make them presentable to the reader, who we hope will focus on the point... and there was a point... which you didn't respond to cuz you got distracted by an insignificant detail that did not blur the meaning of the actual message...
:offtopic: FOCUS!!
Again, bring it on, let's see who gets :spankass: ed.
I'll start out: Spanks :spankass: :spankass: for calling me Rapper Girl, though you did use caps for a title... good start. But you also used 'School Teacher' similarly as a title and did not capitalize it, so keep working on it.
Here's another for making me feel obliged to proofread this post! :spankass:
I'll be keeping count and billing you.

Was that English?

DrUmM@sT3r
09-29-2006, 12:11 PM

I kinda :) like pickin' :) ya know? :)

:(

layla915
09-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Was that English?

Nope

OK then, keep on pickin' what ever you've been pickin' if that's working for you!

DrUmM@sT3r
09-30-2006, 01:46 PM
:biggrinyo cool pickin' right back at ya~!!

Karl566
09-30-2006, 08:12 PM
If you guys really want to put it to the test then try and correct one of Wee Jimmys posts.
:lmfao:

layla915
10-02-2006, 11:02 AM
If you guys really want to put it to the test then try and correct one of Wee Jimmys posts.
:lmfao:

I have - but it doesn't count - THAT takes translating, which is a difft thing.

This:

Sup Wid Dat Rip Teach? :tsk:

Geezus~! I guess I gotta C- :lmao:

shouldn't take translating, but does! :p

I'm still keeping count, Mark - my consulting fees are adding up, and I don't take Visa!

RaiderHog
10-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I have - but it doesn't count - THAT takes translating, which is a difft thing.

This:

shouldn't take translating, but does! :p

I'm still keeping count, Mark - my consulting fees are adding up, and I don't take Visa!

do you accept paypal!?!?;)

Karl566
10-02-2006, 09:07 PM
do you accept paypal!?!?;)
LMAO

RockUFOrever
10-03-2006, 01:32 PM

just don't pick your nose,you bugger :gig:

DrUmM@sT3r
10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
just don't pick your nose,you bugger :gig:

UFO got it....................too funny

scarydawn
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
... but I think we'd have to get Mike and Phil "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" first. :lmfao:

Well first they would have to read and all that learning may interfere with their drinking - then again they would probably do better after a few anyway

but as they are good at what they do (understatement) I suppose we shouldn't expect them to be able to read and type as well

DrUmM@sT3r
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Was that English?

Donkey made me laugh..................:gig: