PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

ramfan52
09-05-2006, 09:25 AM
How do I edit pictures into my posts. For some reason I am unable to use the insert image icon. Thanks

RockHard
09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
All you have to do is use the little http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/images_evil/editor/insertimage.gif icon above the typing area... A little pop-up asking for the URL will appear... All you have to do is put the location (URL address) on the Web where the pic is, and voila! It appears...

The only trick is getting your pics on the Web... You can get free accounts from several places (PhotoBucket and ImageShack being two of the biggest)... You upload the pics from your PC to the host... Each will be assigned a URL to locate the pic... You just post the assigned location into the pop-up...

Hope this helps... :beer:
Steve

ramfan52
09-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks Steve.

RockHard
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Steve.

No problem... Happy to help... :00000003:

:beer:

Susan
09-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I just tried to post the Surrender clip again and it says that I can't upload files larger than 16mb. Any suggestions?

RockHard
09-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I just tried to post the Surrender clip again and it says that I can't upload files larger than 16mb. Any suggestions?
You might have to find a host to post your clip on... Then you can just link to it... There are several free file hosting sites available so that you can provide them for D/L... Just Google 'free file hosting' and you will get a ton of sites you can use...

Another idea... If you can get the file to Rowdy, he should be able to post it on the server for you...

I would suspect that the admins limit the size of incoming clips so people don't fill up the server's hard drive with too many large files...

Hope this helps... :beer:
Steve

Susan
09-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks Steve, I put it on photobucket and then tried to upload it on here. I tried to email it too, but I get the same message: Can't upload files larger than 16mb.

RockHard
09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks Steve, I put it on photobucket and then tried to upload it on here. I tried to email it too, but I get the same message: Can't upload files larger than 16mb.
Susan ~ I think you misunderstood (actually, I probably didn't exlain it well enough...) :o You can't get around the 16MB limit set by the admins... That's why you need a host that will accept the file...

So... now that it's on PhotoBucket... there should be a listing labelled "URL" right below your pic (or entry for the clip)... Just highlight the ENTIRE address for your file... Right-click and 'copy'...

Now, come to your post on the forum... Click the http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/images_evil/editor/createlink.gif button at the top of the typing area frame... It will prompt you for a URL... Right-click in the box and 'paste'... The URL should appear... Hit 'OK' in the box and the URL will appear in your post as a hyperlink...

Now, we can all click the link to view or D/L the clip... :D

That's the best you'll be able to do without admin assistance...

Hope this helped... :beer:
Steve

Susan
09-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Finally, thanks again Steve!

RockHard
09-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Finally, thanks again Steve!

Happy to be of service! ;)

:beer: