PDA

View Full Version : "Spiders in the Big Machine!"

RUSHHEAD666
08-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey Jeff!

Just a quick question for you. Not too important.

I was cruising through the "Currently Active Users" section and I noticed all of these "Yahoo! Slurp Spiders."

What the heck is a "Slurp Spider?"

Thanks!

Earl

arcadeguy
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I just saw this so I thought I would answer on what I have learned runnin a vbulletin site also.

When you site is active, archived and uses spider friendly URLs its easily found by search engines.

"Yahoo! Slurp Spiders" is just someone looking threw yahoo.com's "search" page. When they find what they are looking for and click on it threw yahoos page its shows up cashed and then shows up as a "Slurp Spider" here.
Its the power of vbulletin! This script is so power and user friendly that people just get to meniketti.com doing a search on almost anything.

I was cruising through the "Currently Active Users" section and I noticed all of these "Yahoo! Slurp Spiders."

What the heck is a "Slurp Spider?"

RUSHHEAD666
08-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Wow Arcadeguy! Thanks for the information. As you know I am not a computer kind of guy. I thought that "term" was very interesting! Hey now I know what it means!!

Cheers to the Slurping Spiders who crawl through the cracks and the walls of computers and mother boards across this Wild Web of Wonder!

Earl

arcadeguy
08-18-2006, 07:29 PM
No problem earl!
:)
Think about this.... Anything we talk about here in the meniketti forums is seen by the whole world!
check this out, you are a search:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=RUSHHEAD666&fr=FP-tab-web-t500&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8
:guitarist :p

RUSHHEAD666
08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
HOLY TOLEDO!!!! :o

No wonder when I threaded a post on the Elton John show in Vegas called the Red Piano, I hated it so I called my title topic header THE RED PENIS.

Jeff said, "Sorry Earl, we will get all kinds of weirdos in here with a title like that!" So he had to change it!!!

WOW! All the crazy things I have said on here over the two years I have been a member are on YAHOO??

HOLY SHIT!!!

My goose is cooked!!!!:eek:

Oh well what can I say!! I LOVE SPORTS AND ROCK N ROLL!

Cheers!!
:beer:
Earl

RUSHHEAD666
08-18-2006, 09:23 PM
"Creepy crawly, creepy crawly, creepy creepy crawly crawly creepy creepy crawly crawly......................."

"Boris the Slurping Spider with no legs........................." :biggrinyo

"The Ox"

"Thunderfingers!" :guitarist

DrUmM@sT3r
08-18-2006, 10:59 PM
for the techincal ?

Earl I had (at one time) 128 Virus's in my PC,,,,,,,,

I loved the chat rooms- MicroSoft Chat Server had about 20,000 people in the late 90's, well I stumbled in as a 'LaMeR" and soon became a room "OwNeR" and then feared a lot - my nick name is "^][WaR-X][^" ,-kinda a pun on WaR as I was defence only, but if certain individuals got rude with the ladies ......let's say they were "NuKkEd" and disconnected in about 3 minutes lol

I think I have a few bombs (virus's in here) but they are dorment and this 'ol guy - just likes to chat - not fight (smile)

yawn Okies I'm off to sleep (werk tomorrow)

Peace <-------no pun meant :_sure:

RUSHHEAD666
08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
WOW!! 128 Viruses??? Insane!!
Now your computer has a few dormant viruses?? Heck, kind of like the shingles virus that hides in humanity!

That's pretty funny dude "LaMeR" is what some of my friends call me. My last name is "Ramer" so I sure you see the simularity!

Don't work too hard!

Hey I thought "Everybody's Working For the Weekend" not "Everybody's Working On the Weekend!"

Cheers Mark!

Earl

DrUmM@sT3r
08-19-2006, 01:38 PM
it's 1:35pm on Sat the 19th of August, "I wanna be done now!" with work (laffz)

we are gonna reherse at 5:00pm tonight - I'm looking forward to that. There is a set of drums (marginal) but none the less better than moving mine.

Oduels (gotta drive home) and a wing and a prayer - we'll prolly start arguing about stuff (lotz of ego's) but hopefully productive

enjoy your weekend Earl :beer:

RUSHHEAD666
08-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Right on Mark! You are jamming right now!
A bunch of egos in a band?? No way!! Never! :lmao:

Good luck with that chaos dude!!!

Have a non-alcoholic beer for me!
:beer:

I will have a Corona for you!

Cheers to your weekend too!

Earl

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
ArcadeGuy is absolutely right about those Slurp Spiders, and that's exactly why I had you change the title of that thread, Earl. :eek:

Thanks, ArcadeGuy for the assistance.