PDA

View Full Version : Images in the Signature Part of a Post

Stereo Steve
07-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Jeff,
I'm wondering why images in posts appear sometimes but not when I'm logged in. What I mean is this, when I'm visiting the site without being logged in, I can see all of the images in peoples signature area at the end of their posts just fine. However, when I log in under my profile and go to the same posts, all I see is the text clickable link but not the picture. I click on each link and see the picture fine. Not that it's a big deal, just wondering why.

Stereo Steve
07-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Funny, I was just checking out reviews of the east coast shows and the post from "RockHard" with pictures works the same way. I can see the photo's in the message when I'm viewing while not logged in but while logged in, I only see the link. The photo's come up OK when I click on them but not until then. Is it just me? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

RockHard
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow... I can see the pics fine when logged in... I use Firefox... I wonder if it might be a browser thing... :confused: ...or maybe the forum skin you're using? Just an idea...

I did notice that every once in a while, I'll notice text in a message indicating a pic should be there but I get nothing... Sometimes reloading the page helps (a dial-up timeout problem)... Sometimes I have to pull up the link in Internet Explorer... I always assumed that it might be a picture source that might be incompatible with Firefox... Now I'm not so sure... I wonder how many pics I'm missing altogether? :confused:

:beer:

Stereo Steve
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
I use Internet Explorer at work and Firefox from home and both behave the same way; logged in, clickable link. As guest, pictures viewable in the post. Strange...

RockHard
07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
I use Internet Explorer at work and Firefox from home and both behave the same way; logged in, clickable link. As guest, pictures viewable in the post. Strange...

I agree... Very strange... Maybe certain pics are set to be blocked... Most browsers use a security zone set up... Anti-virus can also interfere with some pages loading if they are set to block unverified images...

Where's Rowdy? He might have some ideas...

:beer:

Stereo Steve
08-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I think it's all a big conspiricy. Jeff is messing with my head. He knows where I work, and where I live, and has my IP address pegged to do the reverse of what everybody else is doing. And he's having fun watching this post grow with more speculation as to why...:lmao: I just know it!!!!

bosk1
08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
It's got to be something with your personal settings. At first, I thought that you might have signatures disabled. But if that were the case, you would not be able to see the links either.

Actually, as I am typing this, another thought occurs to me. Perhaps you have pictures disabled in your profile. Click on the "User CP" button above while logged in to check your profile. Then click on "edit options." About halfway down the page, under "thread display options," you will see a checkbox next to "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)." Make sure the box is checked. If not, you will not be able to see images. That may solve your problem. Since I often view at work, I have signatures disabled. I keep images enabled as I can usually tell from the thread title whether there is something that is not worksafe or that I otherwise do not want to see.

Stereo Steve
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
That did it Jerry. Thanks for the head's up. Leave it to the lawyer to figure that one out. So, what do I owe you for this?:o

bosk1
08-02-2006, 12:33 PM
You can't afford me. :D