PDA

View Full Version : pictures

jlarson85
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Can anyone help me? How do you put your pics on your posts?

arcadeguy
06-20-2006, 12:57 PM

After you hit reply a new screen opens...
you can do 2 things if you want to add a picture.
1. add a direct link to the image so it will show up when you post by clicking on this icon -> http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/images/editor/insertimage.gif <- in your reply.
2. add a downloadedable attachment by clicking on this link -> http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/images/editor/attach.gif <- in your reply.

The difference is this. If you add a direct link, everyone, including unregistered users can see it.
If you add a downloadable link on registered users can see the image or download it.

jlarson85
06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
How do I get my picture file down to size so I can post it.

RockHard
06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
The easiest way is to use an image editor program to resize the image...

Assuming you use some form of Windows, you should have MS Paint...

Open your image in Paint... under the 'Images' heading, click 'Attributes' in the drop-down menu...

From there, you can resize the image using the width and height settings... Be careful to keep the proportions close or the image will appear stretched... You may have to experiment a bit to get the image to look correct at the smaller size. It's not too hard, though... :D

When you have it the way you want it, use 'Save As...' under the 'File' heading. Change the file name (i.e. 'file.jpg' to 'file-small.jpg' or 'file2.jpg') so that you don't overwrite the original (unless you don't care).

Then you can upload the new pic to PhotoBucket (or whereever you can host images) and link it to your post per arcadeguy's directions above...

Hope this helps... :beer:
Steve

SteelPhoenyx
06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Photoshop Elements works well for an inexpensive image editing software if you ever end up looking for one. About $90 I think. (I'm a hardcore Photoshop Geek... this is a VERY scaled down version of Photoshop... but a good piece of software)

Another good photo host is onfinite.com. I prefer them over Photobucket, but its all a matter of preference.

Terr
06-26-2006, 01:55 AM

Go to www.photobucket.com & join for free & they explain how to link to your fav sites...