PDA

View Full Version : For Dave - Upload limit and phpinfo.php

arcadeguy
06-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Dave or anyone else who knows!
I have a problem and after reading and asking on vbulletin it seems Dave had the same problem with meniketti.com.
By default my upload limit on my domains are 2 meg w/a timeout of 60 seconds. I want to upload some 10+ meg files and I, to life of me cant figure out how to change my default size!
I tried the zend tool and changing the phpinfo.php file but i get zero results. The answer is proboly right in front of me but it hasent bit me yet!

Can you help out? Point me in the right direction? Godaddy.com, my hosting company isnt any help at all also.

arcadeguy
06-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Anyone? :confused:

Hi Dave or anyone else who knows!
I have a problem and after reading and asking on vbulletin it seems Dave had the same problem with meniketti.com.
By default my upload limit on my domains are 2 meg w/a timeout of 60 seconds. I want to upload some 10+ meg files and I, to life of me cant figure out how to change my default size!
I tried the zend tool and changing the phpinfo.php file but i get zero results. The answer is proboly right in front of me but it hasent bit me yet!

Can you help out? Point me in the right direction? Godaddy.com, my hosting company isnt any help at all also.

Dave Meniketti
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I've had problems with this on my site as you mentioned. It was helped by changing the settings in the phpinfo file. However I still have problems with very large videos and such on my photo site, which is connected to the vbulletin stuff. Never got this sorted out to my liking yet. You just have to keep on the vbulletin support team until they fix it. You may have to let one of their techs have password access to your server to get it sorted out.

arcadeguy
06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
I can see vbulletins point of view. This is a server side issue because the settings in photopost can be changed to accept larger files and vbulletin doesnt want to modify your server settings. My provider said once I modify it, they cannot provide me with anymore support.

Interestingly enough though, you have had some success with modifying the settings. I believe part of my issue is the older scripts godaddy uses on thier hosting accounts...

I might contact a local hosting company to see if they can fix it for a nominal fee..

Thanks Dave!

I've had problems with this on my site as you mentioned. It was helped by changing the settings in the phpinfo file. However I still have problems with very large videos and such on my photo site, which is connected to the vbulletin stuff. Never got this sorted out to my liking yet. You just have to jkeep on the vbulletin support team until they fix it. You may have to let one of their techs have password access to your server to get it sorted out.