PDA

View Full Version : Lock Outs

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Seems lately there's been a string of users who get emails saying their accounts have been locked out for no apparent reason. This can be caused by someone trying to log into your account and exceeding the maximum number of invalid log-in attempts that are allowed. However, I understand that some of you are getting this message erroneously as you are able to log right in and post after getting that email.

If you have any problems, just email me at rowdyj@aol.com and I'll reset your account so you can get in.

Canuck
06-10-2006, 12:27 PM
That reminds me Jeff, is there any way you can install something so that if a spammer tries to invade our forum, a bolt of electricity comes out and zaps them? Or maybe sucks them into the computer like Tron? (Cue "Only Solutions")

Just trying to add some levity. :p

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Absolutely. I've been working on a patch called "Spammercide" which basically eliminates the need for the "Internet Police." Any spam that is put on our board will immediately cause the offender a burning sensation in their crotch, which will eventually turn to gangrene and finally, pieces-parts will fall off. :D

Canuck
06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
You're sick, Jeff, that's why I like ya! :beer:

Spammers waste precious moments of our lives which we will never get back. Much like drivers who hesitate at green lights. At the end of life, I'd like to gather all these people together, slap them silly and ask What were you all waiting for?

DrUmM@sT3r
06-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I forgot about TRON <-------too funny (laughin')

arcadeguy
07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Since this site has been a target of spam in the recent weeks I would say the culprits at the ones who had access to the members list after they registered and spammed the forums with thier crap.

IP banning is an awesome feature of VBulletin. I have banned IPs by using one less octet in thier IP so they can get threw on a different computer.

Seems lately there's been a string of users who get emails saying their accounts have been locked out for no apparent reason. This can be caused by someone trying to log into your account and exceeding the maximum number of invalid log-in attempts that are allowed. However, I understand that some of you are getting this message erroneously as you are able to log right in and post after getting that email.

If you have any problems, just email me at rowdyj@aol.com and I'll reset your account so you can get in.