PDA

View Full Version : Changing Profile Name?

wankenstein
12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
I would like to use a slightly less juvenile profile name. I can't seem to find how how to do it, or if it is even possible. Perhaps someone out there who is site-savvy can offer me some assistance?

deekortiz3
12-12-2005, 06:33 PM
You could just register a new account.

wankenstein
12-12-2005, 07:41 PM
I tried that, but I am unable to complete a new registration, as I already have my e-mail address logged in under my original user name.

Delirious Nomad
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Have you tried going to your "User CP" and then to "Edit Profile"?

While there, I think you can change your name in:

the ubb displayname
the ubb loginname

I haven't tried it myself cuz I don't know if it will screw anything up, but it's worth a try if you really want to change it.

Good luck.

No Regrets
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I dont think you can change your name unless you register a new name with a different email, otherwise people would be changing their name all the time and we wouldnt know who is who. I think this has come up before. Maybe Rowdy or Dave can delete your wankenstein one completely so you can use the same email...

Nancy

wankenstein
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks, No Regrets. You are correct; no change is possible. I can live with Wankenstein; it is, after all, a monster that I created!

ian
12-13-2005, 02:29 AM
what you wanken reap, is what you wanken sow!

Ian

smithy 2004
12-13-2005, 06:10 AM
nae worries son.
once a tosser always a tosser. he he he he he.
only pulling yer chicken.
he he he he.
wee jimmy.

wankenstein
12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Go ahead and make jokes, but I have recently been contacted by numerous high-:D profile stars, the likes of John Travolta and Tom Cruise, who have expressed an interest in switching over to my prestigeous First Church of Wankology.

So, who's laughing now?

No Regrets
12-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Go ahead and make jokes, but I have recently been contacted by numerous high-:D profile stars, the likes of John Travolta and Tom Cruise, who have expressed an interest in switching over to my prestigeous First Church of Wankology.

So, who's laughing now?

ME!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

arcadeguy
12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi.
Your profile name can only be changed with an administrator account.
I believe that is Dave and Dave alone.
He must open the the member list: http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/admincp/user.php?do=find and find your name. Or he could log into the admin account and --> Click on users -- on right "show all users" ---> Find your name "wankenstein" and then click on it.
When he is in your acount he will have access to your CP. From there the ADMIN can change your name by simply erasing the old and installing a new one. This will still keep all your stats.
You wont have to register again.

I am very familiar with VBulletin and PHP so if you have any other tech questions, please just ask!
:)

I would like to use a slightly less juvenile profile name. I can't seem to find how how to do it, or if it is even possible. Perhaps someone out there who is site-savvy can offer me some assistance?

Leif
12-13-2005, 07:14 PM
With the older version of the forum one could change their displayed name. I did it, as I was first known as "Olde Waldorfian" on the site when I first registered 4 years ago or so. I guess one can't do that with this version?

arcadeguy
12-13-2005, 11:34 PM
VBulletin is such a versatile interface almost anything is possible. Administrators have the power to change a lot of options per user as well as the way the forum is used and maintained.

Again it is possible to change your user name but is solely up to the administrators.
I have changed forum names for people who registered wrong and only once let someone change their name because they asked. This person was sharing their account with their girlfriend and they broke up so it was a one time deal. I explained to everyone why I did it so I didn’t get everyone asking to change their names also.

With the older version of the forum one could change their displayed name. I did it, as I was first known as "Olde Waldorfian" on the site when I first registered 4 years ago or so. I guess one can't do that with this version?

arcadeguy
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Log out and try to register with a new email addy.
if it doesnt let you its because the option "Dont let users with the same IP address open multiple accounts" is on. This makes it sticky because Admins dont want amultiple accounts for one person and I can understand why. Its hard enough to keep track of everyone now!
Since your IP is configured threw your MAC address on your Network Interface card I guess using a different router or ethernet port would get you around that problem.

I tried that, but I am unable to complete a new registration, as I already have my e-mail address logged in under my original user name.

wankenstein
12-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Very helpful. I appreciate your direction, and will most likely take you up on your generous offer of technical assistance in the future!

arcadeguy
12-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Glad I can help and Ill assist anyone with tech questions without hesitation.

-Don

Very helpful. I appreciate your direction, and will most likely take you up on your generous offer of technical assistance in the future!

Jeff "Rowdy J" Kehr
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi.
Your profile name can only be changed with an administrator account.
I believe that is Dave and Dave alone.:)

Nope... I can do it. I can ADMIN as well as moderate.

-J

ian
12-16-2005, 07:02 AM

So, who's laughing now?

funny !

I'm laughing for sure!
Ian

The Rockin' Donkey
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
I want to change my name to wankstension.:lmao:

ian
12-18-2005, 03:03 AM
I want to change my name to wankstension.:lmao:

oh , I'm sorry..are you new here new guy?

Ian

arcadeguy
12-18-2005, 09:29 AM
I didnt know we had three admins!
Dave, Jill and Jeff!

Nope... I can do it. I can ADMIN as well as moderate.

-J

sue-min troll
01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
i want to change my name to skanky assed bitch ...

it could be SKANKY for short...